DANJUMA D. JISE was born on 4th May, 1977. Mr Jise is a Geographer, an Educationist and Peace and Conflict Researcher. Jise is a PhD candidate studying in the Department of Geography at the Nigerian Defence Academy Kaduna. He holds a Master degree (MSc) in Geography (Population Studies & Manpower Planning) 2008 and a second (MSc) in Conflict Management & Peace Studies 2012, with Bachelor (BSc) 2003, in Geography Education from the University of Jos Nigeria. Danjuma Jise is a development scholar and researcher, his fields of interest is Geography (major) and Peace and Conflict Studies (minor). Jise’s present area of focus is in Maritime Security, Nigeria’s Territorial Waters in the Gulf of Guinea and the Blue Economy. Other related areas with overlapping influence include African Borders, National Boundaries and Frontiers of nation States. As a Human Geographer that Jise is, he is abreast with contemporary issues related to Population, Conflict, Displacement and Forced Migration. Other themes in Jise’s research kitties include Ungoverned Spaces, Failed State and Security Governance. From the Conflict and Peace Studies field, Jise is abreast with matters on Peace Studies, politics of global security, Peace Support Operations and the UN system, the Politics of Climate Change-control, and Civil-Military Relations. He is abreast with the nuances of the ‘New Wars’ Insurgency and Counterinsurgency frameworks. Jise had served with civil society/development circle to the position of a Program Manager/Head of Security Dialogue at the Institute of Governance and Social Research (IGSR) Jos, Under the UK Agency for International Development (DFID) between 2013 and 2015. His engagements in development work, as well as his theoretical exposure and commitments in research, have led to a number of publications in local and international journals as well as book chapters to his credit. Jise is currently a Lecturer I in the Department of Geography NDA Kaduna, he is one of the founding resource persons/Research Fellows at the NDA’s Centre for the Study of Leadership and Complex Military Operations (CSLCMO) with research concentration in Critical Geopolitics, Political Geography and Security Governance. Jise is an adjunct resource person to the Department of Defense and Security Studies (DSS) NDA with taught courses at the post Graduate Diploma (PGD) level of the Academy’s School of Postgraduate Studies.
- Jise D.D. & Obadiah S. (2010) “The Impact of Climate Change on Human Security: A Case study of Nigeria”. In Adeboye O.C., Kehinde T. & Fatuse A. (eds) Biotechnology Development and the Threats of Climate Change in Africa: the Case of Nigeria. Pp.103-119. Gottingen-Bonn Germany, Cuvillier Publishers.
- Jise D. D. (2014) “City Polarization and its Implications to Peace-building in Jos and Environs”. In Audu Nanven Gambo, ed. Issues in Ethnicity, Religion and Conflict in Nigeria. Pp. 110-128. Abuja. Vis Art Publishing Nig. Ltd.
- Nafisatu D. Muhammad & Danjuma D. Jise (2015) Leadership & Critical Thinking: A Search for a Nexus in Osakwe C.C. [ed.] Leadership and Complex Military Operations, Kaduna: Nigerian Defence Academy Publishers 2015. Pp. 103-107 NDA Leadership Series Maiden Edition 2016.
- Qurix W.B. and Jise D.D. (2017) The Future of Urban Development in Nigeria and the Effect of Development Control Mechanisms. Being a Research paper/Public Lecture delivered at the NDA, on 11th July 2017. At Mahmud Yakubu Multi-Purpose Hall, Permanent Site, Afaka
- Jise D.D. (2009)- “Climate Change, Future Generation, the World’s Poor and Human Security: A Moral Concern”. A paper presented at the International Conference on Youths and Inter-faith Communication. Organized by New Era Educational and Charitable Support Foundation with support from Youth Walk for Climate Action 2009. Access at email@example.com/conferencepapers.
- Nafisatu D. Muhammad & Danjuma D. Jise Leadership & Critical Thinking: A Search for a Nexus in Osakwe C.C. [ed.] Leadership and Complex Military Operations, Kaduna: Nigerian Defence Academy Publishers 2015. Pp. 103-107 NDA Leadership Series Maiden Edition 2016.
- Danjuma D.Jise (2018) “The Nigerian Nation and the Nigerian State: A Dualism of Myth and Reality in the Eye of the National Question”, being a Lead Paper presented at the International Conference on Governance and SustainableDevelopment, organized by the International Association of Research Scholars and Administrators IARSA at Grand Ibru Hotel Abuja. 27 November 2018
- Danjuma D. Jise (2016) ‘ECOWAS Protocol on Transhumance Between member States 1998/2003 and the Pastoralist-Farmers Conflict in Nigeria: Emerging Challenges” In Muhammad N.D. ed. Pastoralist-Farmers Conflict in Nigeria. Nigerian Defense Academy, Centre for Critical Thinking Teaching and Learning (CCTTL) NDA Publishers (in press).
- Jise D.D. & Obadiah S. (2010) “The Impact of Climate Change on Human Security: A Case study of Nigeria”. In Adeboye O.C., Kehinde T. & Fatuse A. (eds) Biotechnology Development and the Threats of Climate in Africa: the Case of Nigeria. Pp.103-119. Gottingen-Bonn Germany, Cuvillier Publishers.
- Qurix W.B.,Otu L.C. Aremu J.K., Ibe G.,Bawa S.G. and Jise D.D. (2020). Application of Waste Brass Cartridges for Gamma Radiation Shield and Bullet-Proving. Journal of Material Research & Technology (JMRT). Accesses at www.researchgate.net