The Office of the Director of Coordination (D Coord) was upgraded from a Principal Staff Officer position to that of a Directorate after the adoption of the Reviewed NDA Establishment of August 2007 in December 2009 by the NDA Council. The Directorate have 2 departments under its care. They are APRD and WPC.
The D Coord is the Chief Coordinator of military training and academics in the Nigerian Defence Academy in order to ensure synergy of efforts. The Office of the D Coord isÂ held by a Naval Officer with the established rank of Commodore.Â The D Coord is assisted by a Staff Officer Grade 1 Coord (SO1 Coord).Â The SO1 Coord (Army) is assisted by 3 x SO2 who are staff trained as shown below:Â
- SO2 (Coord)Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â -Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Maj
- SO2 (Mil)Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â -Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Lt Cdr
- SO2 (Acad)Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â -Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Sqn Ldr
- The Directorate supervises the Academy Public Relations Department and the Works Production Centre.
- Academy Public Relations Department. The Academy Public Relations Department is Â responsible to the D Coord for all activities relating to public relations.Â The Department is headed by a Public Relations Officer from the Army with the Â established rank of Â Lt Col.Â Â
- Work Production Centre. The Work Production Centre Â (WPC) is responsible to the D Coord for all printing matters of the Academy. Â The department is headed by an Army officer ofÂ the established rank of Major.Â Â Â Â Â Â
FUNCTIONS OF THE DIRECTORATE
The functions of the Directorate include but not limited to:
- Keeping records and coordinating the implementation and sustenance of NDA development plan.
- Liaison and coordination of training and general staff resources with external organizations.
- Monitoring the progress cadets on foreign training.
- Liaison with DHQ/DIA and Embassies for foreign training slots as well as establishing and keeping contact with such Embassies in the interest of NDA.
- Organising and coordinating all invitations to Academy activities including reception of Visitors/Guest Lecturer as well as courtesy calls.
- Coordinating NDA official visits and tours to external organization for both Staff and Cadets.
- Briefing of academy visitors and conducting them on tour.
- Overseeing and processing applications for acquisition/renewal of International Passport and Visa for cadets and staff.
- Overseeing the activities and operations of the WPC and APRD.
- Notifying cadetsâ€™ NOKs of incidence of relegation, dismissal and death in consultation with the CBC.
- Coordinating the preparation of NDA Calendar of Events in conjunction with all relevant branches/department.
- Coordinating the activities of the DMT and Academic Branch to ensure synergy of efforts and resources.
- Coordinating the assessment of Cadets in both Military training and Academics prior to the meeting of Academy Board.
- Liaison with all Departments/Branches to ensure harmony in the dayâ€“to-day execution of Comdtâ€™s directives.
- Any other responsibility that shall be assigned by the Comdt from time to time.
DCOORD CHRONICLE OF COMMAND PRINCIPAL STAFF OFFICERS COORDINATION
|1.||Col||GGÂ Â Umo||23 MAY 01||02 AUG 02|
|2.||Col||IGÂ Â Â Â Bauka||02 AUG 02||07 JUL 03|
|3.||Capt(NN)||EJÂ Â Â Â Â Osabuohien||07 JUL 03||30 AUG 04|
|4.||Capt(NN)||AAÂ Â Â Dacosta||30 AUG 04||06 OCT 04|
|5.||Capt(NN)||GAÂ Â Ohuabunwa||01 NOV 04||26 SEP 05|
|6.||Capt(NN)||GNÂ Â Alily||26 SEP 05||28 AUG 06|
|7.||Capt (NN)||NPÂ Â Â Â Agholor||28 AUG 06||25 AUG 08|
|8.||Capt(NN)||KBÂ Â Â Â Ati-John||25 AUG 08||29 DECÂ 08|
|9.||Cdre||KBÂ Â Â Â Ati-John||30 DEC 08||09 SEP 09|
|10.||Cdre||SIÂ Â Â Â Â Â Alade||22 SEP 09||03 DEC 09|
DIRECTORS OF COORDINATION
|1.||Cdre||SIÂ Â Â Â Â Â Alade||04 DEC 09||03 NOV 10|
|2.||Cdre||POÂ Â Â Oraka||03 NOV 10||28 MAR 11|
|3.||Cdre||OCÂ Â Medani||28 MAR 11||03 JUL 12|
|4.||Cdre||SOÂ Â Â Ojediran||03 JUL 12||20 JAN 14|
|5.||Cdre||AO Â Suleiman||20 JAN 14||20 NOV 14|
|6.||R/Adm||AOÂ Â Suleiman||20 NOV 14||22 DEC 14|
|7.||Cdre||YBÂ Â Â Â Wambai||22 DEC 14||16 SEP 15|
|8.||Cdre||MIÂ Â Â Â Lekwot||16 SEP 15||02 NOV 15|
|9.||Cdre||MAÂ Â Eno||02 NOV 15||08 OCT 16|
|10.||Cdre||AOÂ Â Adaji||09 OCT 16||06 NOV 17|
|11.||Cdre||BEÂ Â Â Â Oluwagbamila||07 NOV 17||23 APR 19|
|12.||Cdre||CDÂ Â Â Okehie||23 APR 19||09 JUN 20|
|13.||Cdre||EOÂ Â Â Nmoyem||09 JUN 20||6Â APR 21|
|14.||Cdre||PE Â Â Â Efedue||6 APR 21||Till Date|
Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â