The Director of Coordination is the chief coordinator of military training and academics in the Nigerian Defence Academy (NDA) in order to ensure synergy of efforts. The Office of the D Coord is held by a naval officer with the established rank of Commodore. The D Coord is assisted by a Staff Officer Grade 1 Coord (SO1 Coord). The SO1 Coord (Army) is also assisted by 3 x SO2 that are staff trained as shown below:
- SO2 (Coord) – Maj.
- SO2 (Mil) – Lt Cdr.
- SO2 (Acad) – Sqn Ldr.
The Directorate superintends over the activities of the Public Relations Department (PRD) and the Works Production Centre (WPC) which are affiliates of the directorate. The relationship between the D Coord and these 2 departments are as follows:
- Academy Public Relations Department. The APRO is responsible for managing all public relations and publicity programmes of the Academy, covering of all events and executing visit programmes for all official Academy guests. The department compiles, updates and maintains the Academy official guest list. The department is currently headed by a Maj.
- Work Production Centre. The WPC is responsible for all Academy printing jobs. The printing requirement vary from production of précis for cadets, Calendar of Events, examination answer sheets, POP and other NDA event programmes etc. The WPC is also currently headed by a Maj.
The Directorate according to the NDA Establishment August 2007, is to be manned by dedicated officers, soldiers and civilian staff. Presently, the Directorate and affiliated departments have a staff complement of 7 officers, 36 other ranks and 60 civilians.
DESCRIPTION AND FUNCTION OF THE DIRECTORATE
The schedule of duties of Director Coord covers the following areas:
- Co-ordinating the work of other departments to ensure that there is no conflict in their programmes and point out same in good time before they disrupt the wider Academy programme.
- Organising and managing Academy visits.
- Maintaining and supervising the Academy training programmes including the Calendar of Events.
- Supervising the works of the Public Relations Department and the Works Production Centre.
- Management of Academy external correspondences.
- Management of cadets in foreign military academies.
- Co-ordinating Commandant’s meetings/conference with PSOs.
- The D Coord is a member of the following Academy Assessment Conferences: Academic Committee, Military Training Committee, Academy Co-ordination Committee and the Academy Board. The D Coord also serves as the secretary of the Academy Board when considering results for Short Service and Direct Short Service cadets.
CHRONICLE OF PSO COORD NDA
|(a)||(b)||(c )||(d)||( e )|
|1||COL||GG UMO FSS MSS psc (+) MIMC||23 MAY 01||02 AUG 02|
|2||COL||IG BAUKA FSS MSS psc LLB BL MILD CPA CCS||02 AUG 02||07 JUL 03|
|3||CAPT (NN)||EJ OSABUCHIEW||07 JUL 03||30 AUG 04|
|4||CAPT (NN)||AA DACOSTA MSS psc (+)||30 AUG 04||06 OCT 04|
|5||CAPT (NN)||GA OHUABUNWA MSS psc (+)||01 NOV 04||26 SEP 05|
|6||CAPT (NN)||GN ALILY MSS psc MSc MIS||26 SEP 05||28 AUG 06|
|7||CAPT (NN)||NP AGHOLOR MSS psc (+) BSc CPA ACIS||28 AUG 06||25 AUG 08|
|8||CAPT (NN)||KB ANT-JOHN DSS psc (+) ndc||25 AUG 08||29 DEC 08|
|9||CDRE||KB ANT-JOHN DSS psc (+) ndc chmc MSc||30 DEC 08||09 SEP 09|
|10||CDRE||SI ALADE DSS psc (+) ndc BSc MILD Mphil MNIM||09 SEP 09||03 DEC 09|
|CHRONICLE DIRECTOR COORD NDA|
|11||CDRE||SI ALADE DSS psc (+) ndc BSc MILD Mphil MNIM||04 DEC 09||03 NOV 10|
|12||CDRE||PO ORAKA DSS psc (+) BSc fdc||03 NOV 10||28 MAR 11|
|13||CDRE||OC MEDANI DSS MSS FSS psc (+) usnwc BSc||28 MAR 11||03 JUL 12|
|14||CDRE||SO OJEDIRAN DSS psc (++) fdc MSc||03 JUL 12||20 JAN 14|
|15||CDRE||AO SULEIMAN DSS psc ndc MOSS BA||20 JAN 14||20 NOV 14|
|16||R/ADM||AO SULEIMAN DSS psc ndc MOSS BA||20 NOV 14||22 DEC 14|
|17||CDR||YB WAMBAI MSS psc fdc BSc MPA||22 DEC 14||16 SEP 15|
|18||CDRE||MI LEKWOT GSS psc fdc MSc||16 SEP 15||02 NOV 15|
|19||CDRE||MA ENO DSS BSc psc fdc PGD MSc||02 NOV 15||08 OCT 16|
|20||CDRE||AO ADAJI DSS psc (+) ndc MOSS||09 OCT 16||06 NOV 17|
|21||CDRE||BE OLUWAGBAMILA DSS psc (+) MNSA MLC||07 NOV 17||23 APR 19|
|22||CDRE||CD OKEHIE MSc pscj (UK) fdc MANIM CIPDM||23 APR 19||09 JUN 20|
|23||CDRE||EO NMOYEM DSS psc fdc MSc MPA MNIM||09 JUN 20||6 APR 21|
|24||CDRE||PE EFEDUE DSS psc (+) nwc fdc (+) PhD FCIS FIMC||6 APR 21||02 FEB 22|
|25||CDRE||OBF OLADIPO DSS psc fdc MSc MCIPM AMNM MRIN FNIS||02 FEB 22|
|26||CDRE||RD ODEREMI Dss psc(+) afwc(+) ndc(BG) BSc MSDS(BG)||Till Date|