The Office of the Director of Coordination (D Coord) was upgraded from a Principal Staff Officer position to that of a Directorate after the adoption of the Reviewed NDA Establishment of August 2007 in December 2009 by the NDA Council. The Directorate have 2 departments under its care. They are APRD and WPC.
The D Coord is the Chief Coordinator of military training and academics in the Nigerian Defence Academy in order to ensure synergy of efforts. The Office of the D Coord is held by a Naval Officer with the established rank of Commodore. The D Coord is assisted by a Staff Officer Grade 1 Coord (SO1 Coord). The SO1 Coord (Army) is assisted by 3 x SO2 who are staff trained as shown below:
- SO2 (Coord) – Maj
- SO2 (Mil) – Lt Cdr
- SO2 (Acad) – Sqn Ldr
- The Directorate supervises the Academy Public Relations Department and the Works Production Centre.
- Academy Public Relations Department. The Academy Public Relations Department is responsible to the D Coord for all activities relating to public relations. The Department is headed by a Public Relations Officer from the Army with the established rank of Lt Col.
- Work Production Centre. The Work Production Centre (WPC) is responsible to the D Coord for all printing matters of the Academy. The department is headed by an Army officer of the established rank of Major.
FUNCTIONS OF THE DIRECTORATE
The functions of the Directorate include but not limited to:
- Keeping records and coordinating the implementation and sustenance of NDA development plan.
- Liaison and coordination of training and general staff resources with external organizations.
- Monitoring the progress cadets on foreign training.
- Liaison with DHQ/DIA and Embassies for foreign training slots as well as establishing and keeping contact with such Embassies in the interest of NDA.
- Organising and coordinating all invitations to Academy activities including reception of Visitors/Guest Lecturer as well as courtesy calls.
- Coordinating NDA official visits and tours to external organization for both Staff and Cadets.
- Briefing of academy visitors and conducting them on tour.
- Overseeing and processing applications for acquisition/renewal of International Passport and Visa for cadets and staff.
- Overseeing the activities and operations of the WPC and APRD.
- Notifying cadets’ NOKs of incidence of relegation, dismissal and death in consultation with the CBC.
- Coordinating the preparation of NDA Calendar of Events in conjunction with all relevant branches/department.
- Coordinating the activities of the DMT and Academic Branch to ensure synergy of efforts and resources.
- Coordinating the assessment of Cadets in both Military training and Academics prior to the meeting of Academy Board.
- Liaison with all Departments/Branches to ensure harmony in the day–to-day execution of Comdt’s directives.
- Any other responsibility that shall be assigned by the Comdt from time to time.
DCOORD CHRONICLE OF COMMAND PRINCIPAL STAFF OFFICERS COORDINATION
|1.||Col||GG Umo||23 MAY 01||02 AUG 02|
|2.||Col||IG Bauka||02 AUG 02||07 JUL 03|
|3.||Capt(NN)||EJ Osabuohien||07 JUL 03||30 AUG 04|
|4.||Capt(NN)||AA Dacosta||30 AUG 04||06 OCT 04|
|5.||Capt(NN)||GA Ohuabunwa||01 NOV 04||26 SEP 05|
|6.||Capt(NN)||GN Alily||26 SEP 05||28 AUG 06|
|7.||Capt (NN)||NP Agholor||28 AUG 06||25 AUG 08|
|8.||Capt(NN)||KB Ati-John||25 AUG 08||29 DEC 08|
|9.||Cdre||KB Ati-John||30 DEC 08||09 SEP 09|
|10.||Cdre||SI Alade||22 SEP 09||03 DEC 09|
DIRECTORS OF COORDINATION
|1.||Cdre||SI Alade||04 DEC 09||03 NOV 10|
|2.||Cdre||PO Oraka||03 NOV 10||28 MAR 11|
|3.||Cdre||OC Medani||28 MAR 11||03 JUL 12|
|4.||Cdre||SO Ojediran||03 JUL 12||20 JAN 14|
|5.||Cdre||AO Suleiman||20 JAN 14||20 NOV 14|
|6.||R/Adm||AO Suleiman||20 NOV 14||22 DEC 14|
|7.||Cdre||YB Wambai||22 DEC 14||16 SEP 15|
|8.||Cdre||MI Lekwot||16 SEP 15||02 NOV 15|
|9.||Cdre||MA Eno||02 NOV 15||08 OCT 16|
|10.||Cdre||AO Adaji||09 OCT 16||06 NOV 17|
|11.||Cdre||BE Oluwagbamila||07 NOV 17||23 APR 19|
|12.||Cdre||CD Okehie||23 APR 19||09 JUN 20|
|13.||Cdre||EO Nmoyem||09 JUN 20||6 APR 21|
|14.||Cdre||PE Efedue||6 APR 21||Till Date|