A Welcome Message
Elizabeth Aishatu Bature is an Associate Professor in the Department of Political Science, Faculty of Arts and Social Sciences, Nigerian Defence Academy, Kaduna. She obtained her Ph.D in Defence and Strategic Studies – NDA (2015), M.Sc Political Science – ABU (2004), B.Sc International Studies – ABU (1997) and a Professional Diploma in Education – 2017 (FCE, Zaria). Associate Professor EA Bature joined the services of the Academy on 1st October 2001 and since then has served in the Academy in different committees and capacities, both at the departmental level and within the Academy. She has also been the co-ordinator of various post-graduate programmes at the department, amongst which are the PGDPA ( Post – Graduate Diploma in Public Administration (2013 – 2014), Deputy Coordinator for Masters in Public Administration (MPA) (PSDS) (2013 – 2014), MPA (Masters in Public Administration) ( 2014 – 2015) MASSA (Masters in Administration and Security Strategy) (2015 – 2018) MIASS (Masters in International Affairs and Strategic Studies) 2018, Post – Graduate Programme Leader for Masters in Strategy and Security Administration (MASSA) (PSDS) 2017 – 2018 and Ph.D SSS (Doctor of Philosophy in Security and Strategic Studies) programmes (2019) and have been at various times the Deputy Departmental Examination Officer 2007 – 2009, Examination Officer (2009 – 2011), Registration officer (2003 – 2008) and also the Acting Head of Department (July 17 – July 31 2018). She is presently the substantive Head of Department (HOD) of Political Science.
A number of publications are to her credit, such as her book titled “The Politics of Executive – Legislature Relations in Nigeria’s Fourth Republic.” She is currently on her second book which she is writing in honour of a late military Officer titled “Internal Security Operations and Counter – Terrorism Measures in Nigeria”. Her area of emphasis is executive – legislature relations, Nigerian Government and Politics and presidentialism.
A great passion of Dr. Bature as part of her community service is to create awareness of gender-based violence, especially as it affects women. She has conducted interviews on both radio and television. She is also an active participant in creating awareness on sexual health and hygiene on the platforms of AFASH ( Action for Aids and Sexual Hygiene).
Associate Professor E A Bature’s Selected Publications
- Bature, E.A (2019): The Politics of Executive – Legislature Relations in Nigeria. Amana Press. Kaduna. ISBN:978-978-5665-6
- Bature, E.A (2017): The Nigerian Army: Issues on Defence and National Security. In (ed) Ashafa, AM and Jibrin, H. The Nigerian Army in a Democracy, Since 1999: A Professional Demonstration of Military subordination to Civil Authority. Essays in Honour of Lt. Gen TY Buratai. Pyla – Mak Services Ltd. Kaduna.
- Bature, EAM (2016): The Nexus of Poverty, Terrorism and Development in Nigeria. In: (ed): Leadership and Complex Military Operations. Nigerian Defence Academy Publishing, Kaduna, Kaduna State, Nigeria.
- Bature, EAM (2016): Gender and HIV/AIDS in the Era of Globalization: The Nigerian Experience. In: Globalisation and Development in Contemporary Africa: A Reader. (Ed): UA Tar. MEU Tedheke and BE Mijah. Publishers: Nigerian Defence Academy Kaduna, Nigeria (2016).
- Bature, EAM: (2020): The Legislature and Interrogation of War Crimes in Nigeria: Investigating the North – East Conflict. In: (ed) Ahmed, A.O, Madiche, N and B.J. Audu: Leadership, Entrepreneurship and Development in Nigeria. Festschrift in Honour of Prof. Azubuike Sonny Nwankwo. Nigerian Defence Academy, Kaduna Nigeria.
- Bature E.A and A. Alhassan A. (2020): Party Political Process in Nigeria: An Examination of the PDP as an Opposition Party in 8th National Assembly. In (ed) Tar, U.A: Perspectives on Peace Building, Security and Development in Africa. Essay in Honour of Professor Rauf Ayoade Dunmoye. Nigerian Defence Academy, Kaduna
- Bature, EAM: (2016): Consociational Democracy in Presidential System of Government: The Nigerian Example. Lapai Journal of North and Central Nigeria History Department of History and International Studies Ibrahim Badamasi Babangida University, Lapai.
- Bature, EAM and Tsuwa, JT (2016): The Politics of Insecurity and Underdevelopment in the Middle Belt: Plateau and Benue States in Retrospect. North Central Journal of Political and Societal Studies (NCJPS). A Peer Reviewed Journal Vol 1 Number 1. February.
- Bature, EAM (2016): Democratic Transition in Africa: The Constitutional Amendment Debacle in Nigeria and Burundi Journal of Political Inquiry: A publication of the Department of Political Science, Nigeria Police Academy, Wudil, Kano, Kano – State.
- Bature, EAM; (2016); Nigeria’s Turbulent Electoral History: An Appraisal 1960-2015. Polac Security Series 1: Security, Elections and Electoral Violence in Nigeria. Journal of History and International Studies. Wudil, Kano, Kano – State.
- Bature, EAM (2016): Contending Issues in Executive – Legislature Relations in Nigeria’s Fourth Republic: 1999-2007. The National Question and Development in Nigeria Vol. Two. Donafrique Publishers. Abuja ISBN: 978-978-954-201-7