Dr. Sani Umar Muhammad
HOD Mechanical Engineering
Dr Sani Umar Muhammad, B.Eng. (Mechanical), M. Eng and Ph.D (thermo-fluid and energy engineering) born on 11th April 1971. Presently, he is a Senior Lecturer and current Head, Department of Mechanical Engineering, Nigerian Defence Academy, Kaduna – Nigeria. He is involved in teaching of engineering courses at both under graduate and Postgraduate (Thermodynamics, Boundary Layer Theory, Energy Conversion systems, Combustion and Fossil Fuels) levels. His specialization is solar modelling, Bio energy, design and development in renewable energy technologies.
He is a Member of Nigerian Society of Nigeria (NSE) and Registered Engineer – Council for the Regulation of Engineering Practices in Nigeria (COREN). He has published a number of research papers in national and international research journals.
- Ph.D in Thermo-fluid and Energy Engineering 2015 – Nigerian Defence Academy Kaduna
- Eng (Energy Engineering) 2006 – Bayero University Kano
- Eng (Mechanical Engineering) 1997- Bayero University Kano.
- Corporate Member: Nigerian Society of Engineers , 2006
- Registered Engineer: Council for the Regulation of Engineering Practices in Nigeria [COREN: R. 15,229], 2008