PERSONAL DATA: Sex: Male
Date of Birth: 16th August, 1986.
Marital status: Single
Local Government: Okobo
State of Origin: Akwa Ibom
EDUCATION: 2016 – University of Ilorin (PhD)
Doctor of Philosophy of Civil Engineeering
2015 University of Ilorin (M. Eng)
Master of Civil Engineering
(Structural and Material Engineering)
2011 Daaboss TK Institute of Information/ Communication Technology
Diploma in Computer Application (Distinction)
2010 University of Maiduguri (B.Eng.)
Bachelor of Civil and Water Resources Engineering
(Second Class Upper Division)
2005 Ruby Springfield College Maiduguri
Senior Secondary School Certificate (S.S.C.E)
1999 Namu Model School Maiduguri
First School Leaving Certificate
PROFESSIONAL QUALIFICATION/ SKILLS
- Onshore Offshore Health, Safety and Environment Professional (HSE Certified)
- Project Management Professional
- Use of Microsoft Office applications (MS Word, Excel, Powerpoint).
- Use of AUTOCAD, Orion, RCCD, Beam max.
- Use of Visual Basic (VB), LINGO, PG Super, SAP2000, MIDAS.
WORK EXPERIENCE: 2014-2015 Federal Capital Development Authority, Abuja
(Engineer 1-Project Staff)
2011–2012 Osun State College of Education, Ilesa. Department of Works and Maintenance (NYSC)
2011-2012 Marval Music School (Tutor)
2010 -2011 Ruby Springfield College
(Maths/ Furthermaths teacher)
2010 Bezram G. Consult, Structural Engineering Firm
2008–2009 Bezram G. Consult, Structural Engineering Firm (SIWES, student)
- Alomaja J.A., Wilson U.N., Oluokun G.O. (2016). Nonlinear Static Analysis Of Reinforced Concrete Frame Using Midasgen. The International Journal of Science and Technoledge, Vol. 4, Issue 6, pp 49-52.
- Wilson U.N., Raji S.A., Alomaja J.A (2016). A Comparative Study on the use of Sandcrete blocks and Laterite – Cement bricks in Nigeria. Ethiopian International Journal of Multidisciplinary Research, Vol. 3, Issue 3, pp 32-44.
- Adeyemi F.O., Jimoh A.A., Wilson U.N. (2016). A Review of Mechanical Strength Properties of Some Selected Timbers in Nigeria. The International Journal of Science and Technoledge, Vol. 4, Issue 2, pp 9-15.
- Wilson U.N., Raji S.A., Alomaja J.A. (2015). Effect of Vessel of Collision on a Bridge pier: Case study of Katsina-Daura Bridge. Ethiopian International Journal of Multidisciplinary Research,Vol. 2, Issue 4, pp 25-36.
- Alomaja J.A., Raji S.A.., Wilson U.N. (2015). Seismic Evaluation of the University of Ilorin Senate Building using Pushover Analysis. Ethiopian International Journal of Multidisciplinary Research,Vol. 2, Issue 4, pp 1-11.
- Comparative Analysis and Design of a Six Storey Complex using Waffle, Hollow Block Floor and Solid Slab and beams (Unpublished)
- A Review of the Water Evaluation and Planning (WEAP) Model to Water Management in River Basins.
- Reservoir Operation Using Dynamic Programming (A Critical Review)
- First National Postgraduate Stakeholders Summit for postgraduate students (University of Ilorin.)
- National Water Resources Capacity Workshop (University of Ilorin)
HOBBIES Music and creative writing
- 1st Prize Winner in Borno State- International Mathematics Olympiad (National Mathematical Centre Abuja)
- Best Runner Up; First Bank Inter-Secondary Schools Competition Borno State 2005.
REFEREES Prof Charles Nwaiwu
Department of Civil Engineering,
Nnamdi Azikiwe University
Dr. Mohammed Abbagana,
Department of Civil Engineering,
Abubakar Tafawa Balewa University,
Dr. O.O. Adeleke
Department of Civil Engineering
University of Ilorin.
PROFESSIONAL SERVICES/HONOUR SOCIETIES:
(1) Registered Engineer COREN (R.25, 804)
LIST OF PUBLICATIONS
(1) Rabia L. Batagarawa*, Saminu Ahmed, John E. Sani, Idowu E. Abiodun (2019).
|Assessing Rainwater Harvesting Potential in Nigerian Secondary Schools– A Case Study of Government Girls Secondary School, Dutse, Abuja Journal of Scientific and Engineering Research, 2019, 6(7):1-10|
(2)A Dadangarba, A Saminu ‘’Domestic rain water harvesting as an alternative source of water supply Ribadu cantonment NDA Kaduna’’Saudi Journal of Engineering Vol 2, issue 3 Pages 159-164
(3) A. Saminu, RL. Batagarawa, IA. Chukwujama., A. Dadan Garba ; “Analysis of Ground
Water Quality for Wudil Town Kano State, Nigeria” . The Asian Institute of Research Engineering
and Technology Quarterly Reviews Vol.1, No.1 pages 6-13, 2018
(4) H.Garba, LG Tilli, S Ahmed, I Abdullahi ; “ Rainfall Interpolation Analysis on River Kaduna catcment for climate change assessment ’’ Nigerian journal of Technology (NIJOTECH) Vol. 37 No,3, pages 806-812, 2018.
(5) A Saminu , IA Chukwujama, A Dadan Garba, MM Namadi. “Performance Ealuation of Wupa Waste Water treatment plant Abuja, FCT, Nigeria. ”. American Journ Engineering Research (AJER) Issue-11 Volume-06, pages 85-90, 2017.
(6) A Saminu, A Ismail,IA Chukwujama, OBE Salau; “ Effect of landfill leachate on ground water quality of unguwan Dosa, Kaduna’’. Academy journal of science and engineering (AJSE) issue 1volume 10 pages 63-70, 2016
(7) A Saminu*1 ,L Rabia2, A I Ayinla3(2015) “ Sensitivity Analysis of Optinetwork Software for Water Distribution Networks. Global Journal of Advanced Engineering Technologies and Sciences (Gjaets) Vol 04, Issue 02, April 2015.
(8) A Saminu*1 ,L Rabia2, U Tsoho3, G Haruna4. B. Faustinus5(2015) “The Least Cost Design of Existing Water Distribution Network for NDA using Genetics Algorithm. Global Journal of Advanced Engineering Technologies and Sciences (Gjaets) Vol 02, Issue 02, Feb 2015.p28-35.
(9)I Abdullahi1 Nasiru,2 A Saminu3,L Sagir4 , E Charity 5.(2014) “Design of waste stabilization pond for sewage treatment at nigeriandefence academy staff quarters permanent sitemandokaduna” International journal of engineering and Applied sciences (IJEAS). Vol 01, Issue 02, Nov 2014.Issn :2393-3661.P9-15
(10)A Saminu1 IAbubakar 2 ,H Sani3 U Tsoho4 I Suleman 5(2014) “ Optimal Design Of Existing Water Distribution Network Using Genetics Algorithms”. American Journal ofEngineering Research (AJER) Issue-03 Volume-01, June 2014.Pp-163-173.
(11) A Saminu1, R L Batagarawa2,I Abubakar3U Tsoho4, H Sani5(2014) “Stochastic Analysis of Benue River Flow Using Moving Average (Ma) Model”.”.American Journal ofEngineering Research (AJER)Volume-03, Issue-03, March 2014.Pp-274-279.
(12) A Saminu*1 , IAbubakar2, , L Rabia3, U Tsoho3, G Haruna 5. (2013) “Modifications of Optinet work Software for the Implementation of Advance Genetic Algorithm on Existing Water Distribution Network”. International journal of engineering sciences &research technology, vol.2, issue 12, Dec 2013.issn: 2277- 9655.P 3599-3606.
(13) A Saminu*1, I Abdullahi2, U Tsoho3, I Nasiru4, A I Ayinla .(2013) “Investigating the hydrological characteristics of kaduna river basin”. International journal of engineering sciences &research technology, vol.2, issue 9, Sept 2013issn: 2277- 9655.P2420-2423.
(14) H.Garba, A.Ismail, A. Saminu, I Abdullahi and B. Faustinus .(2013) “Hydrological modeling of the impact of climate change on a tropical perennial river Flooding”. International journal of engineering and science, vol 3, issue 6, August, pp 30- 35,issn:2278-972.
(15)A Saminu*1, IAbubakar2, L Rabia3, I Abdullahi4 (2013).“Analysis of existing water distribution network, to investigate its adequacy in performances of its function.A case study of Badarawa/malali distribution network”. International journal of engineering sciences &research technology, vol.2, issue 7, July 2013, issn: 2277- 9655.p1713-1728.
(16)H.Garba,A.Ismail, L.Rabia A. Saminu, I Abdullahi and B. Faustinus(2013)“Climate change impact on sub-surface hydrology of kaduna river Catchment”. Open journal of Modern hydrology, vol 3,Jul 2013.pp 115-121.
(17)I. Abdullah*1,U Tsoho2, A Saminu3. (2013)“Vehicular trip by traffic assignment in Maiduguri metropolis”. International journal of engineering sciences &research technology vol.2 issue, 7 july 2013, issn: 2277-9655.P 1749-1760.
(18)A Saminu1I Abubakar2, I Nasiru3 and, L Sagir4.(2013) . “Design of Nda water distribution network using Epanet”. International journal of emerging science and engineering ijesevol 1 issue 9,July 2013, issn:2319-6378. P5-9.
(19) I Abdullah,1U Tsoho2, A. Saminu3, H Garba4. (2013) “Vehicular trip generation modeling in Maiduguri metropolis”. International journal of Engineering sciences & research technology, vol.2 issue 6,june 2013, issn: 2277-9655.p1515-1523.
(20) A Saminu1, I. Abdullahi2. And F.O.P. Oriola3.(2013).“Time series model of stream flow of Kaduna River using Ma, Ar and Arima model”. International journal of engineering sciences & research technology, vol.02, Issue 02, June 2013.issn: 2277.9698.P1-5.
(21)ASaminu*1,IAbubakar2,UTsoho3,IAbdullahi4(2013).“Optimization of Badarawa/MalaliWater Distribution Network Using Genetics Algorithm”International journal of Engineering sciences &research technology, vol.2, issue 03, March 2013.issn: 2277- 9655 P393-
(22) A Saminu 1U Tsoho2 G Haruna and3 L Sagir4 (2013) “Design and construction of a model sedimentation tank using existing slow sand filter for Nda treatment plant”. International journal of engineering sciences & research technology vol.2, issue2, Feb 2013issn: 2277-9655.P178-182.
(23) Moses, G. Saminu A. and Oriola, F.O.P. (2012). Influence of Compactive Efforts on Compacted Foundry SandTreatedWith Cement Kiln Dust.Journal of Civil and Environmental ResearchNew York, Vol2, Issue5.P11-24
(24) G. K. Moses and A. Saminu (2012). “Cement Kiln Dust Stabilization of CompactedBlack Cotton Soil”. Electronic Journal of Geotechnical Engineering V0l 17:p865-878, Bund F, U.SA.
(25)Oriola, F.O.P.and A. Saminu (2012). “Influence of textile effluent waste water on compacted lateritic soil”. The electronicjournal of geotechnical engineering.ejge.vol 17 bundleB
(26) O.B.E Salau and A .Saminu (2007). “Stochastic modeling of stream flows of river kaduna using Arma and Arimamodels”.Nigerian journal of industrial and systems studiesnjiss vol.6 no.3 2007
- Prof. A. Ismail
Department of Water/Environmental Engineering
A.B.U, Zaria, Kaduna State.
- Dr. AshiruDaura .
Federal Ministry of science and Technology Abuja.
Department of Civil Engineering
Chronicle of Civil Engineering Head of Department
|1||ENGR||USMAN TSHOHO, BEng, MSc, MNSE||OCT 98||OCT 02|
|2||DR||FOP ORIOLA, BSc, MSc/DIC, PhD, MNSE||OCT 02||OCT 04|
|3||ENGR||USMAN TSHOHO, BEng, MSc, MNSE||OCT 04||OCT 06|
|4||ENGR||JB FAGBOYINBO BSc, MEng, FNSE, FICEM||OCT 06||OCT 08|
|5||ENGR||USMAN TSHOHO, BEng, MSc, MNSE||OCT 08||OCT 13|
|6||COL ENG||IA CHUKWUJAMA (RTD) B.Eng, M.Eng, MNSE||OCT 13||NOV 17|
|7||DR||SAMINU AHMED B.Eng, M.Eng, PhD, COREN||NOV 17||DATE|