Associate Professor Victor Semawon Akran
HOD, Department of HISTORY AND WAR STUDIES
Dr Akran is an Expert in Inter – group Relations, Economic and Social History. Associate Professor Victor Semawon Akran joined the Services of NDA in 1983. He was appointed leader for professional programmes in March 2018. He went on sabbatical leave for one year at Department of History Kaduna State University in February 2017 to February 2018.
- S. Akran, “The Founding of Badagry Reconsidered”, </ span>Lagos History Review: A Journal of the Dept. of History, University of Lagos, Vol. 1 2001 pp. 33-44.
- S. Akran, “Advent and Spread of Coconut Cultivation in Badagry up to 19th Century”, OYE: Ogun Journal of Arts, Faculty of Arts, Olabisi Onabanjo University, Vol. ix June 2003 pp. 90-109
- S. Akran, “The Need for Greater Participation of Women in Conflict Management in Nigeria”, A.M Yakubu, RT Adegboye, CN Ubah, B. Dogo (eds) Crisis and Conflict Management in Nigeria since 1980. Nigerian Defence Academy Book Series No1 Vol 2, 2005
- S. Akran, “Diviners and Predestined Muslims in the Spread of Islam in Sagamu C.1872-1920 A.D.”, Arts & Social Science Research, Vol.6, 2011
- S. Akran, “Yoruba-Hausa Groups and the Development of the Colonial Economy in Sagamu in C. 1892-1919”, Arts & Social Science Research, Vol. 6, 2011
- S. Akran, “The Dilemma of Badagry as a Trading Port. 1708-185”1, The Academy Journal of Defence Studies Vol. 18, July 2011.
- S. Akran, “The Influx of Igbo Migrants into Zaria and Inter Group Relations 1900-1965″. The Toyin Falola @65 Conference Publication (Publication in Progress) 2018
- S. Akran, “Poverty and National Security in Nigeria”, International Journal of Innovative Research Development, Vol.7 Issue-7 July, 2018. Pp 495-502
- VS Akran, Women and Children in Terrorism in Nigeria 2009 – 2016, American Journal of Humanities and Social Sciences Research, Vol.2, Issue-09 2018 pp21-28
- V. S. Akran, Military and Civil Action in Combating Terrorism in the Northeast in Nigeria American Journal of Humanities and Social Sciences Research, Vol-02, Issue-11 November, 2018 pp44-52
CHAPTER IN BOOKS
V. S. Akran ‘’Women, Children and Terrorism in Nigeria’’ In CCC Osakwe, OE Tangban, AO Ahmed and LO Udeagbala War, Society and Leadership in Nigeria. Essays in Honour of Brigadier General Shuaibu Ibrahim, Nigerian Defence Academy Publishers, Kaduna, 2020. Pp 177 – 197.
- S. Akran “Trade and Politics in Badagry 1842 – 1854”. Journal of Defence Studies Volume 20 October, 2020. pp 19 – 41.
- S. Akran “The British-French Rivalry, the Gun Boat Diplomacy and Cession of Badagry 1861 – 1863”. Lapai Journal of Humanities Volume 11 Number 1 2020. Pp 253 – 263.
- S. Akran “Battle of Third Marine Commando of the Nigerian Civil War in Uyo, Ikot Ekpene Axis 1967 – 1970”. Lapai Journal of Humanities Volume 11 Number 2. 2020. Pp 292 – 308.
- V. S. Akran & Odoh John “The Influx of Igbo Migrants and intergroup relations in Zaria, 1900-1965”. (Eds.) Olajimoke Yacob Haliso, Ngozi Nwogwugwu and Gift Ntiwunka. African Indigenous Knowledge in a Post-Colonial World: Essay in Honour of Toyin Falola: New York 10017, Routledge, 2021, Pp. 229-240.