RESUME OF BRIGADIER GENERAL EE EMEKAH DSS FCM CM GOM fwc (+) nswc psc (+) MSc fnarc MNIM
- Brigadier General Emmanuel Eric Emekah was born on 24 March 1970 in Ikom, Cross River State. He hails from Ugboro Village in Bekwarra Local Government Area of Cross River State. He started his secondary education at Mary Knoll College Ogoja in 1981 but later moved to Government Secondary School Ikom where he obtained his Senior Secondary School Certificate in 1988.
- After a brief stint at the Federal University of Technology Yola where he started his tertiary education in 1989, he proceeded to the Nigerian Defence Academy as a member of 42nd Regular Course in August 1990. He was commissioned second lieutenant on 16 September 1995 into the Nigerian Army Infantry Corps. Brigadier General Emekah has attended several military courses which include Young Officers Course (Infantry), Ship Divers Course, Amphibious Reconnaissance Course, Senior Course, Armour Battalion Commanders Course, Defence and Security Management Course, and the National Security and War Course.
- The senior officer has held several appointments on command, staff and instruction. These include instructor at the Amphibious Training School Calabar and the Infantry Corps Centre and School Jaji. He was a company commander in 130 Battalion Ogoja and 65 Battalion Lagos as well as Battalion Second-in-Command, 29 Battalion Okrika. Other appointments held by the senior officer are Directing Staff at the Armed Forces Command and Staff College, Jaji-Kaduna, Commanding Officer 149 Battalion Ojo, Lagos, Deputy Director Staff Duties at the Army Headquarters Department of Policy and Plans as well as Assistant Director Attaches Management, Defence Intelligence Agency. He was also Commander 707 Special Forces Brigade and Theatre Training Officer, Operation LAFIYA DOLE. He also served as a member of faculty at the Army War College Nigeria. His last appointment was Commander 17 Brigade Katsina from where he was posted to Nigerian Defence Academy as Director of Military Training.
- Brigadier General Emekah holds a Bachelor of Science Degree in Biological Sciences from the Nigerian Defence Academy, a Post Graduate Diploma in Terrorism and Security Studies from George Marshall European Centre for Security Studies Germany and a Master Degree in National Security and War Studies from the National Defence University Islamabad, Pakistan. He is a member of the Nigerian Institute of Management and a fellow of the Nigerian Army Resource Centre. He has been awarded the Forces Service Star, Meritorious Service Star, Distinguished Service Star, Command and the Field Command Medals. He has also earned the United Nations Missions in Sierra Leone and Darfur Medals as well as the General Operations Medal, Operations LAFIYA DOLE and YAFKIN TAFKI Medals. He is a recipient of MIC-SAGE Communications International Publisher Gold Award for Outstanding Service and Global Rays Newspaper Security Ambassador Award.
- Brigadier General Emekah is a SCUBA Diver and enjoys walking and playing squash. He is married with 2 sons and a daughter