|1.||Name in Full||Usman Alhaji Tar|
|2.||Department||Dept. of Defence and security Studies|
|3.||State of Origin||Borno State|
|8.||Contact Address||Dept. of Defence and Security Studies, NDA Kaduna|
|9.||Date of First Appointment||April 2012|
EDUCATIONAL INSTITUTES ATTENDED WITH DATES
- University of Brighton, Centre for Learning and Teaching, United Kingdom (2010-2011)
- Leeds Metropolitan University, Bradford College, United Kingdom (2008-2009)
- University of Bradford, Department of Peace Studies, School of Social and International Studies, United Kingdom (2001-2002 & 2002-2006).
- University of Maiduguri, Department of Political Science and Administration, (1991-1996 & 1997-2000)
- Government Day Secondary School Mallam Fatori, Abadam Local Government Area, Borno State (1985-1988)
- Government Secondary School, Kukawa, Kukawa Local Government Area, Borno State (1989-1990)
- Central Primary School, Mallam Fatori, Abadam Local Government Area, Borno State (1978-1984)
QUALIFICATION/SPECIALIZATIONS WITH DATE
- Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) in Peace and Conflict Studies Thesis title: “Contested Spaces in Democratic Expansion” (thesis defended with no correction) – 20th July 2006
- Master of Science (M.Sc.) in International Relations, Dissertation: “A Comparative Study of Post-Cold War Politics of Democratisation and Military Disengagement in West Africa” – 2000
- Master of Education (M.Ed.) Dissertation: “A Critical Evaluation of UK Higher Education with Reference to the Experience and Perceptions of International Students.” – 27th March 2009
- Postgraduate Diploma in Research Methodology (PGD) (Merit) – 2nd December 2002.
- Postgraduate Certificate in Education (PGCE) Project Title: “Dealing with threshold concepts in teaching peace and conflict courses at the University of Kurdistan-Hawler” – 4th October 2011.
- Bachelor of Science (B.Sc.) in Political Science (First Class Honours). Final Year Project: “Democratic Transition in Africa: Causes, Coincidences and Consequences” 18th December 1996
- Senior Secondary Certification of Education (SSCE) (1990) 8. Primary Leaving Certificate (1985)
- Tar UA and Onwurah, CP (2021) (Eds.) The Palgrave Handbook of Small Arms and Conflict in Africa London/New York: Palgrave Macmillan.
- Tar UA and Bala, B (2020) (Eds.) New Architecture of Regional Security in Africa: Perspectives on Counter-Terrorism and Counter-Insurgency in the Lake Chad Basin Lanham, Maryland, USA: Lexington Books
- Tar, UA, Wapmuk Sharkdam and Ubi, Efem (2020) (Eds.) Perspectives on Contemporary Nigerian Politics and International Relations: Essays in Honour of Professor Warisu Oyesina Alli Kaduna: Academy Publishers.
- Tar U. A. and Bala, B. (2020) Insurgency and Counter-Insurgency in Nigeria: Perspectives on Nigerian Army Operations against Boko Haram Kaduna: NDA Press.
- Tar, U. A. and, Adejoh, S. (2020). Ideological and Conceptual Construct of Combatting Violent Extremism and Terrorism in Nigeria. In: Sharma, B. K. and Kumar N (Eds.) India-Nigeria Experience in Combatting Terrorism New Delhi: Pentagon Press.