Taiye O Adewuyi is a Professor in the Department of Geography, Nigerian Defence Academy, Kaduna, and the Business Manager of Academy Journal of Defence Studies and a former Head of Department (2012-2015), Chairman and member of several academic and administrative committees. His teaching and research interests focus on Geometrics and the application of Geographic Information Systems (GIS) and Remote Sensing to Environmental Resources Management and Socio-economic issues across three universities in Nigeria, namely; NDA, ABU and KASU. Adewuyi has contributed several dozens of articles and essays in reputable local and international journals and books, encompassing a wide variety of subjects such as mapping, environmental degradation (land, vegetation and water), Environmental and Social Impact Assessment (ESIA) ecosystem, agroforestry, flooding, change analysis, crime assessment and resource allocation. He has also attended local and international conferences in the USA, Belgium and Turkey, a member of several editorial teams of reputable journals across the whole world.
He has supervised several undergraduate and post-graduate (PGD, MSc and PhD) students for NDA, ABU and KASU and students from AFCSC and NARC, and has been involved in internal and external examination at both Undergraduate and Post-graduate levels in some Universities in Nigeria. Adewuyi has also participated in several accreditation exercises in the department, ABU and KASU as well as chairman and member for resource verification and accreditation to 8 polytechnics across Nigeria.
He is also a consultant with over 25 projects completed in the areas of Environmental and Social Impact Assessment (ESIA), Environmental and Social Management Plan (ESMP), Resources Evaluation, Resettlement Action Plan (RAP), feasibility studies, mapping and database creation and management on projects that spread across the entire country. Some of the tasks performed are: Site inspection and evaluation; Interaction with stakeholders; environmental scoping; data collection; environmental and socio-economic analysis; risks and hazards assessment, preparation of ESMP and other documents; design of project; review and update of ESIA and RAP report; due diligence on various documents; preparation of report; mapping; documentation and defense of report. He is happily married with children.
- Adewuyi T.O., Mustapha I.A. (2017) Geo-spatial Analysis of Forest Reserves in Northern Nigeria and its Implications to the Environment and National Security. In: Shuaibu, S, Tangban OE, Ahmed OA, Osakwe CCC. (eds); Defence, Security, Economy and Development in Nigeria. Bahiti and Dalila Publishers, London, UK. pp 221-239.
- Adewuyi, T.O; Eneji, P.A; Baduku, A.S and Olofin, E.A. (2017) Spatio-temporal Analysis of Urban Crime Pattern and its Implication on Abuja Municipal Area Council, Nigeria. Indonesia Journal of Geography, Faculty of Geography, Gadjah Mada University, Indonesia. Vol. 49(2) 34-45
- Jibril, B.A., Adewuyi, T.O., Mohammed, A.B. and Abdullahi, S.S. (2017) Identification of Suitable Landfill sites for Kumo Urban Area Gombe State, Nigeria, FUTY Journal of the Environment, Vol. 11(1) 1-16
- Azua, S., Adewuyi, T.O., Ojigi, M.L., and Mudiare, O.J. (2017). Comparative Study of the Effect of Seasonal Variation on the Physico-Chemical Parameters of Water in River Mu and its Tributaries, North-Central Nigeria. Environ, Journal of Environmental Studies, ABU Zaria, Nigeria. ISSN: 1110 – 457X, Vol. 4(5) 67-81.
- Azua, S., Adewuyi, T.O., Ojigi, M.L., and Mudiare, O.J. (2017). Analysis of Spatial Variability of Water Quality in River Mu Drainage Basin, North-Central Nigeria. Environ, Journal of Environmental Studies, ABU Zaria, Nigeria. ISSN: 1110 – 457X, Vol. 4(3) 140-153.
- Adewuyi, T. O. Olofin, E. A. and Olutunmogun, A. K. (2017) Examination of the Relationship between Vegetation Cover Indices and Land Degradation in the Peri- Urban Area of Kaduna Metropolis, Nigeria. Journal of Research in Forestry, Wildlife & Environment, Federal University of Agriculture, Makurdi, Benue State, Nigeria. ISBN: 2141 – 1778, Vol. 9(3) 50-60. (Online publication).
- Adewuyi, T.O., Dauda, M.M and Olofin, E.A. (2017) Assessment of the Effects of Emerging Grazing Policies on Land Degradation in Nigeria. Journal of Applied Sciences and Environmental Management, University of Port Harcourt, Rivers State, Nigeria. ISSN: 1119 – 8362, Vol. 21(6) 1183-1187 (Online publication).
- Adewuyi, T.O and Olofin E.A (2017). The emerging Land Use Pattern of Afaka Forest, the Driving Forces and Implication on land Degradation, Journal of Environmental Planning and Sustainability, Nasarawa State University, Keffi, Nigeria. 1(1): 193-206.
- Adewuyi, T.O and Olofin, E.A (2018). Mitigation of Land Degradation for Agricultural Space Using Agroforestry System in Chikum Local Government Area, Kaduna State, Nigeria. Journal of Applied Sciences and Environmental Management, University of Port Harcourt, Rivers State, Nigeria. ISSN: 1119 – 8362, Vol. 22(5) 743- 748.
- Azua, S., Adewuyi, T.O., Ojigi, M.L., Mudiare, O.J. and Ikwueze, H.U. (2018). Analysis of Vegetation Cover Changes for Land Use Planning Using Normalised Difference Vegetation Index (NDVI) in River Mu Drainage Basin, North-Central Nigeria. Journal of Geography and Development, Benue State University, Makurdi.
- Adewuyi, T.O., Daful, M.G. and Olofin, E.A. (2019). Characterization of land degraded sites for restoration along Kaduna – Abuja Expressway, ChikumLGA, Kaduna state, Nigeria. Ghana Journal of Geography, Ghana. Vol. 11(1) 58 – 71.