James Kayode AREMU is a Professor of Geography (Meteorology) at the Department of Geography, Nigerian Defence Academy Kaduna. He holds a B.Sc. (Hons) Degree in Geography from the University of Ibadan, Ibadan (1985), Master’s Degree in Geography (Climatology) from University of Lagos, Lagos, Nigeria (1990) and a Doctor of Philosophy Degree in Geography (Meteorology) from Federal University of Technology, Minna (2004).
Professor Aremu was the Head of Department (Geography) from 2008 to 2010 and has been Chairman/Member of various committees in the Academy. He has published widely both in the local and foreign reputable journals of the world. He is an author of three (3) textbooks in his area of specialization and has attended several local and international conferences. Currently, he is the Head, Centre for Energy and Environment (CEENDA), NDA, Kaduna. He is a Fellow of Nigerian Cartographical Association (FNCA), Member Nigeria Meteorological Society (MNMS) and Member Association of Nigerian Geographers (MANG). He is happily married with children.
- Aremu, J.K. (2020). Weather Education: Sustainable Panacea to Human Environment Challenges 12th Inaugural Lecture, NDA, Kaduna 21 Jan.
- Aremu, J.K. (2020). The Language of Meteorology (3rd ed) Cee kay bee Publishers. Kaduna. ISBN: 978 – 2892 – 11-4.
- Aremu, J.K & Bonoh, F. (2020). Assessment of the Impact of Climate is on Broonversity and conservation at Nimba Forest in Southern Part of Kaduna State in (eds) Ahmed, A.O., Madiche, N. & Audu, B.J. Leadership, Entrepreneurship and Development in Nigeria, N.D.A pub. Kaduna
- Qurix, W.B., Edomwonyi – Otu, L.C., Aremu, J.K., Ibeh, G.J., Bawa, S.G. & Jise, D. (2020). The Application of Waste Brass Cartridges for Gamma Radiation Shields and Bullet Proofing. Journal of Materials’ Research and Technology. Elsevier. 9(5), 98319837.
- Ezeamaka, C.K., Dogo, B., Oluwole, O., Adewuyi, T.O., Ajibuah, J., Aremu, J.K., Dadan, G. & Daful, M.G. (2020). Assessment of the Physical Accessibility of public Primary and Secondary Schools in Kaduna State; Nigeria. Annals of Geographical Studies 3 (2) 10-32.
- Aremu, J.K (2019). Climate Change or Climate Variability in Nigeria: An overview. Abuja Journal of Geography and Environmental Management, University of Abuja, Abuja 5 (1), 90-98.
- Aremu, J.K. & Usman, M.N. (2017). Evaluation of Rainfall Effect on Production at Katcha, Niger State. Development Journal of Science and Technology Research, IBB University, Lapai, Niger State Nigeria, 6(1), 62-70.