Professor Ahmed Adam Okene
Department of HISTORY AND WAR STUDIES
B.A History (BUK), M.A Political and Economic History (BUK), Ph.D. Economic History (BUK).
Professor Ahmed specializes in Economic History and Middle East Studies. Ahmed specializes in Contemporary History of the Middle East and teaches War and the Society in Pre and Post-Colonial Africa and Revolution in the 19thcentury Africa Society at the Postgraduate level. Currently, the Dean of Postgraduate School, Professor Ahmed has a host of experience in international teaching, global research and university collaboration.
Colonialism and Labour Migration: The Ebira in Owo, Ondo State of Nigeria, Kaduna, Zakara Publishing Co. Ltd. 2005. Kano State Societal Reorientation Programme (Adaidaita Sahu) Activities, Achievements and Challenges, Kano, DSR Govt. Printing Press, 2007, (with 4 others)
CHAPTERS IN BOOKS
- “Colonial Exploitation and Labour Migration: A case study of Ebiraland” in Idris, A.A. & Ochefu, Y.A. (eds.), Studies in the History of Central Nigeria Area, Vol.I. Lagos: CSS Ltd. 2002. Pp. 719-742.
- “An Evolution of the Political Economy of Ebira-Kogi State: Challenges for the 21st Century” in Yerumoh, M.S. (eds.) Ebira At Cross-Road: Way Forward, Kano; naes 2004, pp. 9-27.
- “Stemming Ethno-Religious Conflict in Nigeria: The Role of Good Governance and Democratic Consolidation” in Yakubu, A.M.; Adegboye, R.R.; Ubah, C.N and Dogo, B. (eds.) Crises and Conflict Management in Nigeria Since 1980, Vol. I,I Kaduna: Baraka Press & Publishers Ltd, 2005. pp. 818 – 836.
- “The Sokoto Jihad in Ebiraland 1859 – 1903” in Bobboyi, H. and Yakubu, A.M (eds.) The Sokoto Caliphate. History and Legacies, 1804 – 2004, Vol.I, Kaduna: Arewa House, A.B.U 2006. pp 65 – 80.
- “Study in Contemporary Islamic Political Thought & Idea: An Analysis of Sayyid Abu Ala Mawdudi’s Political Thought” in A.A. Ismail & S.Shehu (eds) Islamic Political Thought and Institutions – A Reader, IIIT, Kano, 2006, Ch 10
- “Demand For Sharia Implementation in a Democratic Setting: The Historical Background & Zamfara State Experience.” in H. Salihi, B.A. Umar & H. Sulaiman (eds), Sharia & Democratic Governance in Nigeria, IIIT, Kano 2006, Ch 3
- “Ali Shariati: Political Thought & Ideological Reconstruction” in Islamic Political Thought and Institutions, IIIT, Kano 2006, Ch 15
- “Maintenance of Security and Good Governance in Kaduna State: An Assessment of the period 1999-2005” in C.N. Ubah et al (eds), Studies on Kaduna State, NDA Press, Kaduna, 2008
- Sharia In Kano: The Ibrahim Shekarau Era 2003-2008” in U. Abdullahi & I., Kurawa (eds), Fulfilling the Mandate, Kano Under Shekarau, 2003-2008, DR&D, Govt. House, Kano,2009.
- Ahmed Adam Okene, “National Security, Good Governance & Integration in Nigeria Since 1999: A Discourse” Asian Social Science Vol.7 No. 10, October 2011, Canadian Center for Science & Education, CCSE, Canada, http://www.ccsenet.org/ass ISSN 1911-2017(Print) 1911-2025(Online)
- Ahmed Adam Okene “National Security & Integration in Nigeria: An Appraisal” in BADALA Journal of Arts & Social Sciences, Vol.7 No. 7 July 2011 School of Arts & Social Sciences, Federal College of Education, Kano, Nigeria, pp 1-14. ISSN 0794 2206
- Ahmed Adam Okene & Juwayriyya Badamasuiy, “Shariah Implementation in Democratic Nigeria: Historical Background & the Quest for Developmental Legality” Journal of Politics & Law, Vol.4 No.2, August, 2011, Canadian Centre for Science & Education, Canada, http://www.ccsenet.org/journal/index.php/jpl
- Adam Ahmed Okene “National Security & Integration in a Democratic Nigeria: An Assessment of of Fifty Years of Independence’ in Kaduna Journal of Historical Studies, KJHS Vol. 2 No. 1 Department of History, Kaduna State University, Kaduna, Nigeria 2010, pp 137 -158. ISSN 2141-1832
- Ahmed Adam Okene & Shukri bn Ahmed, “Ibn Khaldun, Cyclical Theory & The Rise & Fall of the Sokoto Caliphate, Nigeria West Africa”, International Journal of Business & Social Sciences, Vol. 2 No 4 Mar 2011, CPI, USA, pp 80-91. ISSN 2219-1933 (Print); 2219-6021 (Online) www.ijbssnet.com
- Ahmed Adam Okene & Ismail Bn Ishak “Islam and Colonialism: Intellectual Responses of Muslims in Northern Nigeria to British Colonial Rule” (Foreign Edition) International Journal of Business & Social Science, Vol. 1, No,.2 Nov. 2010 CPI, USA, pp239-243. ISSN 2219-1933(Print); 2219-6021 (Online) www.ijbssnet.com
- “Colonial Conquest & Resistance: The Case of Ebiraland 1886-1917 AD” in Kano Studies: A Journal of Savana & Sudanic Research, New Series 2000 Vol. I No.1, Bayero University, Kano, Nigeria 2000, pp.13 – 36.
- “Ebira in Owo, Ondo State 1920 – 1970: A Study in Inter Group Relations” in FAIS Journal of Humanities, Vol. I No.4, BUK, Kano, Kaduna 2001. pp.199-215.
- “The Impact of the Sokoto Jihad on the Early British Rule in Ebiraland 1865-1937” in FAIS Jounal of Humanities, Vol.3 No.1 November 2004, BUK, Kano, Kaduna pp 12-45.
- “The Relevance of the Ebira Political System to the Contemporary Nigeria’s Political Development” in Journal of General Studies, Vol.4 New Series No.2, 2005, BUK, Kano, Nigeria pp 132-1
- “Shariah and Good Governance in a Democratic Nigeria” in FAIS Journal of Humanities Vol.3 No.4, May 2006, BUK, Kano, Nigeria pp118 – 148.
- “Manipulation of Religion & the Problem of Good Governance in Nigeria” The Academy Journal of Defence Studies Vol.14, February 2007 Nigerian Defence Academy, Kaduna, Nigeria pp 209-231.
- Ahmed Adam Okene, Islam in African History by Chinedu N Ubah, Kaduna: Baraka Press & Publishers Ltd, 2001 in Kano Studies, A Journal of Savana & Sudanic Research New Series Vol.I No. 2, 2003, BUK, Kano pp. 200-207.
- Ahmed Adam Okene, Islam & Colonialism Intellectual Responses of Muslims of Northern Nigeria to British Colonial by Muhammad S. Umar. The Netherlands: Koninklijke Bill NV, 2006 in Kano Studies: A Journal of Savanna & Sudanic Research New Series Vol.I No.3, 2007 pp.186 – 199 (Nigeria Edition)
- Ahmed Adam Okene, Late Raji Abdallah Biography of a Nationalist Extra Ordinaire by Suberu O Abdulrahman SK Publications 2006 ISBN 978-075-499-7 pp.133 in The Academy Journal of Defence Studies Vol 15 July 2008 NDA Kaduna, pp. 207-217
EDITOR / REVIEWER OF REPUTABLE JOURNAL & BOOKS
- Member, Editorial Board, American International Journal of Contemporary Research, CPI, USA ISSN 2162-139X (Print) 2162-142x(Online) (2011-)
- Member, Editorial Board, Journal of Research in Peace, Gender & Development JRPGD, UK, University of Birmingham http://www.interesjournals.org/JRPGD ISSN 2251-0036 (2011 -)
- Reviewer, International Journal of African Studies & Development, UK, www.journal.org/JASD (2011 -)
- Reviewer: Journal of Research in International Business & Management; www.interesjournals.org/JRIBM ISSN: 2251- 0028
- Reviewer: Mambayya House Journal of Democratic Studies, Center for Democratic Research & Training, Bayero University, Kano, Nigeria (2009 -)
- Editor, The Academy Journal of Defence Studies; Nigerian Defence Academy, Kaduna, Nigeria ISSN 1117-8795 (2009)