Professor Ojong Echum Tangban
Department of History and War Studies
Nigerian Defence Academy
Ojong Echum Tangban is a distinguished Professor of Socio-Economic and Military History. As a foundation academic and senior professor in the Department of History and War Studies, Nigerian Defence Academy, Kaduna, he contributed immensely in the development of undergraduate and postgraduate studies and enshrined the tradition of dedication and commitment to duty through quality research, teaching and publication. His educational experiences spanned from University of Nigerian Nsukka (1977), University of Calabar (1982) and Ahmadu Bello University (1996) where he obtained BA, MA and PhD in History respectively. He is widely published in national and international journal with focus on socio-economic history, military history and Research Methodology.
- O.E Tangban, The Ejagham Under Colonial Rule: A Study of Socio-Economic and Political Changes, 1891 – 1961, Kaduna, Prudent Printing & Publishing, 2008
- O.E. Tangban et.al. (Eds.) Nigeria Global Peace Support Operations
CHAPTERS IN BOOK
- O.E. Tangban, “The First Decade of Agricultural Development in Nigeria 1975 – 1985”, in U.M. Igbozurike (ed), Critical Issues in Rural Development, Owerri, Karto Press, 1988, pp. 219 – 233
- O.E. Tangban, “Plantation Agriculture and Rural Development in Nigeria: The Case of Cross River Cocoa Estate Limited 1954 – 1987”. in U.M Igbozurike, E.E. Okpara & U.A Awuzie (eds.), Empiricism in Rural Development, Owerri, Karto Press, 1990, pp 181 – 190
- O.E. Tangban, “The Nigerian Technical Aid Corp (TAC): The Cost and Benefit”, in A.A Aderinto & C.N. Ubah (eds.,), Nigeria and the Contemporary World, Kaduna, Baraka Press and Publishers, 1998, pp. 301 – 312,
- O.E. Tangban, “Better Life for Rural Women Pogramme in Nigeria: An Appraisal: in S.A Sati & A.A. Lipede (eds.), Transition and Development processes in Nigeria, Kaduna, Mahanaim Publications, 2000, pp. 162 – 179.
- O.E. Tangban, “Bette-Tiv Conflict: Issues and Problems”, in A.M. Yakubu, R.T. Adegboye, C.N Ubah & B. Dogo (eds.), Crisis and Conflict Management in Nigeria Since 1980, Volume One, Kaduna, Baraka Press and Publishers, 2005, pp. 304 – 316.
- O.E. Tangban, “Colonial Trade, Cash Crop Production and Inter-Group Relations in the Cross River Area of Nigeria: 1891 – 1960”, in O. Akinwumi, O.O. Okpeh & G.D. Je’adayide (eds.), Inter-Group Relations in Nigeria during the Nineteenth and Twentieth Century.
- O.E. Tangban, “The Private Western School System in Kaduna Metropolitan Area since 1986”, in C.N. Ubah et al. (ed.), Studies in Kaduna State, Kaduna: Pyla-Mak Service Ltd 2008 pp.171-186
- O.E. Tangban, “The Hajj and the Nigerian Economy 1960 – 1981”, Journal of Religion in Africa, Vol. xxi, No.3, 1991, pp. 241 – 255.
- O.E. Tangban , “Colonial Conquest of Ejagham land”, Defence Studies, Vol. 6, No.1 1996, pp. 52 – 67.
- O.E. Tangban, “The Mgbe Society and Inter-Group Relations in the Cross River Area of Nigeria”, Nigerian Journal of Inter-Group Relations, Vol.2, No.1, 1996, pp.21 – 28.
- O.E. Tangban, “Cocoa Production in South-Eastern Nigeria 1960 – 1998: Issues and Problems, Spectrum Journal Vol.6, Nos. 1 & 2, 1999, pp. 37 – 44.
- O.E. Tangban, “War and Society in the Cross River Region of Nigeria in the Nineteenth Century”, Defence Studies, Vol.9, 1999, pp. 82 – 96.
- O.E. Tangban , “Colonial Rule and its Impact on the Ejagham Political System 1891 – 1930” Arts and Social Science Research, Vol. 3, 2000, pp. 149 – 164.
- O.E. Tangban , “Colonial Abolition of Domestic Slavery and its Impacts in the Cross River Area of Nigeria”, Ogun Journal of Arts, Vol. ix, 2003, pp. 110 – 128.
- O.E. Tangban , “The Environmental Impact Assessment of Cocoa Farming in the Cross River Area of Nigeria”, The Academy Journal of Defence Studies, Vol.13, 2006, pp. 179 – 195.
- O.E. Tangban , “Traditional Health-Care Delivery System in the Upper Cross River Region of Nigeria”, Calabar Historical Journal.
- O.E. Tangban ,, “The Impact of Granite Mining in Kaduna Metropolitan Area and its Environs”, Research Bulletin
- O.E. Tangban, “The Traditional Brewing Industry in Kaduna South Local Government Area”, Journal of Humanities.
- O.E. Tangban, the Development of the Traditional Chieftaincy Institution in Ejaghamland, Journal of Arts & Social Sciences.
- O.E. Tangban, “Research and Documentation in Security Operations” Security Studies.
- (O.E. Tangban, “Review of Defence, Patriotism and National Development by C.C.S. Okeke, Varitas Press, Onitsha, in NDA Journal, Vol. 4, 1994, pp.121 – 122.
- “Review of Federalism in Africa by A.T. Gana & S.G. Egwu, African World Press, Trenton, in The Academy Journal of Defence Studies, Vol. 11, 2005, pp.161 – 163.
- O.E. Tangban, “ECOMOG and the Liberian Crisis: A Novelty in Regional Peace-Keeping”, Defence Studies, Vol. 7, 1997, pp.101 – 103.