MOSES ICHONGO UKEH
- Ph.D – Health Psychology (Benue State University,MKD -2019)
- M.Sc – Clinical Psychology (Benue State University, MKD -2010)
- B.Sc – Psychology (University of Jos, – 1997)
- Specialization: Health Psychology
Research Interests: Stress, Coping Strategies, Psychological wellbeing, Grief and Bereavement, Drug Abuse and health among others.
M I Ukeh was born on 20th July, 1965 in Tsambe ward of Vandeikya Local Government Area, Benue State. He Attended NKST Primary School Adeiyongo and Christ the King College, Adikpo in Benue State. He gained admission at University of Jos, Plateau state in 1992 and graduated with a Bachelor of Science Degree (B.Sc) in Psychology with 2nd Class Upper Division in 1998. He attended Benue State University, Makurdi for a higher degree of Master of Science in Clinical Psychology, and Ph.D in Health Psychology.
His academic career started in 2005 as a graduate assistant with University of Mkar, Mkar Benue state, and afterwards with Nigeria Police Academy, Wudil, Kano state as Lecturer II, where he progressively rose to the present position of senior lecturer. Administratively, he served as the Head, Department of Psychology in 2020 before proceeding on Sabbatical Appointment at Nigerian Defence Academy, Kaduna.
Membership of Professional Associations
- Fellow of the Institute of Management Consultants (FIMC)
- Member American Psychological Association (MAPA)
- Member Nigerian Red Cross Society (MNRCS)
- Member International Society for Development and Sustainability (MISDS
- Ukeh M. I. (2018). Bereavement: Festivities during period of mourning among Tiv. Mauritius: LAP Lambert Academic Publishing.
- Kwahar, N., & Ukeh, M. I. (2011). Organizational Behaviour in the 21st Century. Makurdi: Superlife Consulting Publishing Division.
- Ukeh, M. I. (2008). Tap the Power Within: The You in You. Makurdi: Superlife Consulting Publishing Division.
- Ukeh, M. I. (2004). Drug Use and Abuse: A Psychosocial Approach. Nigeria: Social Salvage.
Peer-Reviewed Journal Articles
- BUkeh, M. I. (2021). The twin social vices: Drug abuse and antisocial behaviours among cadets of Nigeria police academy. International Journal of Education and Social Science Research, 4(5), 102-112. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.37500/IJESSR.2021.4507.
- Ukeh, M. I., & Hassan, A. S. (2018). The Impact of Coping Strategies on Psychological Well-being among Students of Federal University, Lafia, Nigeria. Journal of Psychology & Psychotherapy, 8(5), 1-6. doi:10.4172/2161-0487.1000349.
- Ukeh, M. I. (2018). Grief Experiences in Response to the Death of a Significant Other among Undergraduates of University of Jos, Nigeria. Journal of Psychology & Psychotherapy, 8(4), 1-6. DOI: 10.4172/2161-0487.1000346.
- Ukeh, M. I. & Dauda I. A. (2018). Relationship of college stress and psychological wellbeing of university students. PLASU Journal of Psychological Research, 1(1), 51-62.
- Ukeh, M. I. & Dauda I. A. (2018). Impact of ethnicity and gender on college stress among undergraduates of Federal University Lafia. International Journal of Development and Sustainability, 7(1), 208-219. ISSN: 2186-8662 – www.isdsnet.com/ijds.
- Ukeh, M. I. (2017). College stress experiences of Police Academy psychology cadets: Is gender an influential factor? International Journal of Development and Sustainability, 6(8), 826-837. ISSN: 2186-8662 – www.isdsnet.com/ijds.
- Ike, O. O., Eze, I. C., & Ukeh, M. I. (2016). Role of leadership styles and self-efficacy on employees’ job involvement in Enugu state. International Journal of Academic Research in Psychology, 3(1), 1-9.
- Ukeh, M. I., Eze, I.C., & Ike, O.O. (2015). Awareness of drug abuse effects among secondary school students in Makurdi, Benue State. Contemporary Journal of Applied Psychology, 2(1), 96-107.