- Ph.D – Clinical Psychology (Benue State University, MKD -2021)
- M.Sc – Clinical Psychology (Benue State University, MKD -2012)
- B.Sc – Psychology (Benue State University, MKD – 2005)
Psychological Assessment and tests Administration, Assessment of Grit Personality Trait and Resilience Training, Internally Displaced Persons and Cognitive Reasoning, Application of Psychotherapy to Rescued Victims of Boko-Haram Terrorists.
JI Ugese was born on 14th May, 1979 in Makurdi, the Capital City of Benue State. He had his educational background at LGEA Primary School Akerior–Utange and NKST Secondary School, Adikpo in Benue State. He gained admission at Benue State University, Makurdi in 2002 through direct entry and later graduated with a Bachelor of Science Degree (B.Sc) in Psychology with 2nd Class Upper Division in 2005. He was offered Admission at Benue State University, Makurdi for a higher degree of Master of Science in Clinical Psychology in 2008 andgraduated in 2012. He was employed as Assistant Lecturer on 16th June, 2015 inthe Department of Psychology, Nigerian Defence Academy Kaduna. Currently, he is doing his Ph.D in Clinical Psychology at Benue State University, Makurdi.
MrUgese have served NDA in the following Capacities: Member, Psychological Assessment Committee, Armed Forces Selection Board (AFSB), Acting Secretary, Departmental Board of Studies and Examiners in the Department of Psychology, Curriculum Officer, Department of Psychology, Coordinator, Departmental Committee on Cadets Project, Coordinator, Departmental Committee on Laboratory.
MEMBERSHIP OF PROFESSIONAL ASSOCIATION
Member, Nigerian Psychological Association (MNPA) 2015
- Letter of Commendation by Academy Registrar, NDA, Kaduna for a Paper Presented at the 2016 National Congress and AGM of the Nigerian Psychological Association held at Nnandi Azikiwe’s University, Awka, Anambra State from 11th – 14th October, 2016.
- Letter of Commendation as the Best Performing Staff of the year 2010 in the Senior Category by Federal Medical Centre, Makurdi, 2011.
- Certificate of Merit as Research/Field Assistant with Research Alliance to Combat HIV/AIDS (REACH). A Program of Northwestern University IL USA and University of Ibadan, 2008-2009.
- Best Behaved Corper in 2006 Batch ‘B’ National Youth Service Corps (NYSC), Rijau Area Local Government Niger State, 2007.
SELECTED LATEST PUBLICATIONS
- Agashua, P.A., Ogwo, A.O., Awopetu, G.R., & Ugese, J.I. (2019). Implication of mothers’ Depression on Educational Development of Internally Displaced Nigerian Children. African Research Review (AFRREV): International Multidisciplinary Journal, Vol. 13(1), S/n53; 103-113. DOI:http/dx.doi.org/ 10.4314/afrrev.v13i1.10.
- Agashua, P.A., Awopetu, G.R., & Ugese, J.I. (2018). Internally Displacement and Cognitive Reasoning in Children of North Central, Nigeria. American International Journal of Social Science Research, Vol.3(1), 34-38. DOI:10.54655/aijssr.v3n1p34.
- Shekwolo, D.M., Agashua, P.A., Ugese, J.I., &Ochimana, U.G. (2021). Influence of Deployment on Psychological Well-being of Nigerian Military Families. NDA Journal of Management Science Research, Vol. 1(1), Pp 50-61.
- Shekwolo, D.M., Ugese, J.I.,Ajodo, F.M., Aual, M., & Monday, A. (2019). The Role of Guidance and Counselling in Career Development among Students in Karu Local Government Area of Nasarawa State. FUDMA Journal of Educational Foundations, Vol. 2(1), 61-69.
- Gbande, A., Agatha, O., Shekwolo, D.M., Ugese, J.I., Sunday, G.A., & Baba, S.L. (2019). Influence of Family Structure and Socio-Economic Status on Delinquency among Secondary School Students. FUDMA Journal of Educational Foundations, Vol. 2(1), 159-171.
- Agashua, P.A., &Ugese, J.I. (2018). Resilience Training of Military and Civilian Families to Combat Traumas of War and Terrorism. Journal of the Nigerian Association of Clinical Psychologists, Vol. 9(1), 46-70.
- Agashua, P.A., Ucho, A., & Ugese, J.I. (2018). Assessment of Personality Traits among Recruits of the Nigerian Police Academy. Contemporary Journal of Applied Psychology, Vol 5(1), 68-77.
BOOK CHAPTER IN PRINT
Shekwolo, D.M., &Ugese, J.I. (2019). Psychological Antidotes of Separation and Psychological Distress Experienced among Military Families. In S.G. Best., E.B. Mijah., & N.C. Lord-Mallam (Ed.), Nigeria’s Defence and Security: The Role of Military Families. Ibadan: John Archers