Rear Admiral Isa Sani MOHAMMED (rtd)
Senior Lecturer, Department of Civil Engineering. Nigeria Defence Academy
Name: Isa Sani MOHAMMED.
Rank: Rear Admiral (rtd).
Date of Commission: 16 November 1985. Date of Voluntary Retirement: 20 January 2015.
Date of Birth: 20 January 1961.
Place of Birth: Kano.
Experience: 32 years.
Present Appointment: Senior Lecturer, Dept of Civil Eng, NDA Kaduna – Feb 15 to date.
Last Appointment: Command Logistics Officer, Central Naval Command, Yenagoa —
March 2013 to January 2015.
Previous Positions (From 1984 – 2013):
- Director of Projects (DProj), Naval Headquarters (NHQ), Abuja – Feb12 to Mar 13.
- Deputy DProj, NHQ – Sep11 to
- Navy Representative, Presidential Committee on Barracks Rehabilitation Sep 08 to Aug 10.
- Command Materiel Officer, Logistics Command, Oghara Jan 08 to Sep 08.
- Dy DProj NHQ – Aug 07 to Jan 08.
- Commander, Lagos Logistics Depot – Aug 06 to Aug 07.
- Directing Staff AFCSC, Jaji – Aug 04 to Aug 06.
- Academy Quantity Surveyor, Nigerian Defence Academy – Aug 00 to Jul 01 and Aug 02 to Aug 04.
- Staff Officer Projects, Eastern Naval Command, Calabar – Apr 08 to Aug 00.
- SO Projects, NHQ – 1995 to 1998.
- SO Infrastructure Maintenance, NN Logistics Corps, Lagos – 1993 to 1995.
- SO Projects, Bldg Services Eng Corps, Lagos – 1990 to 1993.
- SO Building NHQ -1986 to 1990.
- Building Engr II, Min of Works, Kano August 1984 – November 1985.
- Master of Strategic Studies, University of Ibadan, 2015.
- Master of International Affairs and Diplomacy, ABU Zaria, 2005.
- Master of Science in Construction Management, University of Lagos, 1992.
- BSc (Hons) Building, ABU Zaria, 1983.
- Diplome de Langue Française, Alliance Française 1990.
- West African School Certificate, 1979.
Corporate Membership of Professional Bodies:
- Member, Nigerian Institute of Building (MNIOB).
- Associate, Nigerian Institute of Quantity Surveyors (ANIQS).
- Fellow, Chartered Institute of Logistics and Transport (FCILT).
- Member, Nigerian Institute of Management(MNIM).
- Graduate Member, Chartered Institute of Purchasing and Supply Management of Nigeria.
- Passed Junior Staff Course, Armed Forces Command and Staff College, Jaji – June 1983.
- Passed Staff Course, Armed Forces Command and Staff College, Jaji – July 2002.
- Fellow of the National Defence College of Nigeria – August 2011.
- Towards Effective Implementation of Housing Policies: Entrepreneurship Training/Development as the Way Out, ‘Housing Today’, Oct/Dec 95 Vol. 10 No 1.
- Real Estate as an Investment, “The Sailor” Magazine January – March 2010.
- The Need for Manpower Development in the Logistics Branch, “The Sailor”, January 2011.
- A poem entitled My Nonsense Volks, “The Sailor”, January 2013.
- Feasibility and Viability Studies in Project Development, “The Sailor”, June 2013.
- Characteristics of Various Modes of Transport, “The Sailor”, June 2014.
- The Role of Material Management in Logistic Support, “The Sailor”, November 2014.
Papers Presented in Conferences, Seminars and other Fora:
- “Basic Concepts of Total Quality Project Management”, a paper presented at the Millennium Conference entitled Building in the 21st Century Organised by the Department of Building, Ahmadu Bello University, Zaria held from 26th – 28th September 2015.
- “Management of Logistic Support” Presented to Students of Junior Course 69, DMW, AFCSC, Jaji-Kaduna, May 2010.
3.“The Roles of Logistic Support in the Delivery of Maritime Operational Capability”. Presented to the Students of Course 35 at the Department of Maritime Warfare, Armed Forces Command and Staff College Jaji-Kaduna, November 2012.
- Discussant at the DMW, AFCSC Jaji Sea Power Symposium, January 2008.
- Proposal/Position Paper to Comdt NDA for the Commencement of Bachelor of Science and Post- Graduate Diploma in Logistics in the Academy – April 2015.
Military Decorations and Awards:
- Forces Service Star – FSS.
- Meritorious Service Star – MSS.
- Distinguished Service Star – DSS.
- Passed Staff Course dagger (psc+).
Research Interests: Construction Management, Materials Management, Logistics and Strategic Studies.
Marital Status: Married to Hauwa and blessed with 4 children (Ameer, Khalifa, Fatima and Yasmeen).
Hobbies: Reading and Watching Documentaries.
PROFESSIONAL SERVICES/HONOUR SOCIETIES:
(1) Registered Engineer COREN (R.25, 804)
LIST OF PUBLICATIONS
(1) Rabia L. Batagarawa*, Saminu Ahmed, John E. Sani, Idowu E. Abiodun (2019).
|Assessing Rainwater Harvesting Potential in Nigerian Secondary Schools– A Case Study of Government Girls Secondary School, Dutse, Abuja Journal of Scientific and Engineering Research, 2019, 6(7):1-10|
(2)A Dadangarba, A Saminu ‘’Domestic rain water harvesting as an alternative source of water supply Ribadu cantonment NDA Kaduna’’Saudi Journal of Engineering Vol 2, issue 3 Pages 159-164
(3) A. Saminu, RL. Batagarawa, IA. Chukwujama., A. Dadan Garba ; “Analysis of Ground
Water Quality for Wudil Town Kano State, Nigeria” . The Asian Institute of Research Engineering
and Technology Quarterly Reviews Vol.1, No.1 pages 6-13, 2018
(4) H.Garba, LG Tilli, S Ahmed, I Abdullahi ; “ Rainfall Interpolation Analysis on River Kaduna catcment for climate change assessment ’’ Nigerian journal of Technology (NIJOTECH) Vol. 37 No,3, pages 806-812, 2018.
(5) A Saminu , IA Chukwujama, A Dadan Garba, MM Namadi. “Performance Ealuation of Wupa Waste Water treatment plant Abuja, FCT, Nigeria. ”. American Journ Engineering Research (AJER) Issue-11 Volume-06, pages 85-90, 2017.
(6) A Saminu, A Ismail,IA Chukwujama, OBE Salau; “ Effect of landfill leachate on ground water quality of unguwan Dosa, Kaduna’’. Academy journal of science and engineering (AJSE) issue 1volume 10 pages 63-70, 2016
(7) A Saminu*1 ,L Rabia2, A I Ayinla3(2015) “ Sensitivity Analysis of Optinetwork Software for Water Distribution Networks. Global Journal of Advanced Engineering Technologies and Sciences (Gjaets) Vol 04, Issue 02, April 2015.
(8) A Saminu*1 ,L Rabia2, U Tsoho3, G Haruna4. B. Faustinus5(2015) “The Least Cost Design of Existing Water Distribution Network for NDA using Genetics Algorithm. Global Journal of Advanced Engineering Technologies and Sciences (Gjaets) Vol 02, Issue 02, Feb 2015.p28-35.
(9)I Abdullahi1 Nasiru,2 A Saminu3,L Sagir4 , E Charity 5.(2014) “Design of waste stabilization pond for sewage treatment at nigeriandefence academy staff quarters permanent sitemandokaduna” International journal of engineering and Applied sciences (IJEAS). Vol 01, Issue 02, Nov 2014.Issn :2393-3661.P9-15
(10)A Saminu1 IAbubakar 2 ,H Sani3 U Tsoho4 I Suleman 5(2014) “ Optimal Design Of Existing Water Distribution Network Using Genetics Algorithms”. American Journal ofEngineering Research (AJER) Issue-03 Volume-01, June 2014.Pp-163-173.
(11) A Saminu1, R L Batagarawa2,I Abubakar3U Tsoho4, H Sani5(2014) “Stochastic Analysis of Benue River Flow Using Moving Average (Ma) Model”.”.American Journal ofEngineering Research (AJER)Volume-03, Issue-03, March 2014.Pp-274-279.
(12) A Saminu*1 , IAbubakar2, , L Rabia3, U Tsoho3, G Haruna 5. (2013) “Modifications of Optinet work Software for the Implementation of Advance Genetic Algorithm on Existing Water Distribution Network”. International journal of engineering sciences &research technology, vol.2, issue 12, Dec 2013.issn: 2277- 9655.P 3599-3606.
(13) A Saminu*1, I Abdullahi2, U Tsoho3, I Nasiru4, A I Ayinla .(2013) “Investigating the hydrological characteristics of kaduna river basin”. International journal of engineering sciences &research technology, vol.2, issue 9, Sept 2013issn: 2277- 9655.P2420-2423.
(14) H.Garba, A.Ismail, A. Saminu, I Abdullahi and B. Faustinus .(2013) “Hydrological modeling of the impact of climate change on a tropical perennial river Flooding”. International journal of engineering and science, vol 3, issue 6, August, pp 30- 35,issn:2278-972.
(15)A Saminu*1, IAbubakar2, L Rabia3, I Abdullahi4 (2013).“Analysis of existing water distribution network, to investigate its adequacy in performances of its function.A case study of Badarawa/malali distribution network”. International journal of engineering sciences &research technology, vol.2, issue 7, July 2013, issn: 2277- 9655.p1713-1728.
(16)H.Garba,A.Ismail, L.Rabia A. Saminu, I Abdullahi and B. Faustinus(2013)“Climate change impact on sub-surface hydrology of kaduna river Catchment”. Open journal of Modern hydrology, vol 3,Jul 2013.pp 115-121.
(17)I. Abdullah*1,U Tsoho2, A Saminu3. (2013)“Vehicular trip by traffic assignment in Maiduguri metropolis”. International journal of engineering sciences &research technology vol.2 issue, 7 july 2013, issn: 2277-9655.P 1749-1760.
(18)A Saminu1I Abubakar2, I Nasiru3 and, L Sagir4.(2013) . “Design of Nda water distribution network using Epanet”. International journal of emerging science and engineering ijesevol 1 issue 9,July 2013, issn:2319-6378. P5-9.
(19) I Abdullah,1U Tsoho2, A. Saminu3, H Garba4. (2013) “Vehicular trip generation modeling in Maiduguri metropolis”. International journal of Engineering sciences & research technology, vol.2 issue 6,june 2013, issn: 2277-9655.p1515-1523.
(20) A Saminu1, I. Abdullahi2. And F.O.P. Oriola3.(2013).“Time series model of stream flow of Kaduna River using Ma, Ar and Arima model”. International journal of engineering sciences & research technology, vol.02, Issue 02, June 2013.issn: 2277.9698.P1-5.
(21)ASaminu*1,IAbubakar2,UTsoho3,IAbdullahi4(2013).“Optimization of Badarawa/MalaliWater Distribution Network Using Genetics Algorithm”International journal of Engineering sciences &research technology, vol.2, issue 03, March 2013.issn: 2277- 9655 P393-
(22) A Saminu 1U Tsoho2 G Haruna and3 L Sagir4 (2013) “Design and construction of a model sedimentation tank using existing slow sand filter for Nda treatment plant”. International journal of engineering sciences & research technology vol.2, issue2, Feb 2013issn: 2277-9655.P178-182.
(23) Moses, G. Saminu A. and Oriola, F.O.P. (2012). Influence of Compactive Efforts on Compacted Foundry SandTreatedWith Cement Kiln Dust.Journal of Civil and Environmental ResearchNew York, Vol2, Issue5.P11-24
(24) G. K. Moses and A. Saminu (2012). “Cement Kiln Dust Stabilization of CompactedBlack Cotton Soil”. Electronic Journal of Geotechnical Engineering V0l 17:p865-878, Bund F, U.SA.
(25)Oriola, F.O.P.and A. Saminu (2012). “Influence of textile effluent waste water on compacted lateritic soil”. The electronicjournal of geotechnical engineering.ejge.vol 17 bundleB
(26) O.B.E Salau and A .Saminu (2007). “Stochastic modeling of stream flows of river kaduna using Arma and Arimamodels”.Nigerian journal of industrial and systems studiesnjiss vol.6 no.3 2007
- Prof. A. Ismail
Department of Water/Environmental Engineering
A.B.U, Zaria, Kaduna State.
- Dr. AshiruDaura .
Federal Ministry of science and Technology Abuja.
Department of Civil Engineering
Chronicle of Civil Engineering Head of Department
|1||ENGR||USMAN TSHOHO, BEng, MSc, MNSE||OCT 98||OCT 02|
|2||DR||FOP ORIOLA, BSc, MSc/DIC, PhD, MNSE||OCT 02||OCT 04|
|3||ENGR||USMAN TSHOHO, BEng, MSc, MNSE||OCT 04||OCT 06|
|4||ENGR||JB FAGBOYINBO BSc, MEng, FNSE, FICEM||OCT 06||OCT 08|
|5||ENGR||USMAN TSHOHO, BEng, MSc, MNSE||OCT 08||OCT 13|
|6||COL ENG||IA CHUKWUJAMA (RTD) B.Eng, M.Eng, MNSE||OCT 13||NOV 17|
|7||DR||SAMINU AHMED B.Eng, M.Eng, PhD, COREN||NOV 17||DATE|