Civil Engineering Materials Name: Garba Haruna
Date of Birth: 23rd November 1967
Place of Birth: Kaltungo
Local Government Area: Kaltungo
State of Origin: Gombe
Marital Status: Married
Postal Address: Department of Civil Engineering, Nigerian Defence
Academy PMB 2109, Kaduna Nigeria.
Phone Number: +2348020346775, +2348183898078
SCHOOLS ATTENDED WITH DATES
- Kalorgu Primary School 1975-1981
- Government Science School Kaltungo 1981-1986
- University of Maiduguri 1987-1994
- Ahmadu Bello University Zaria 2004-2007
- Nigerian Defence Academy 2007 – 2015
- Ph.D. Water Resources Engineering (Hydrology and River Dynamics)
- MSC Engg (Water Resources & Environmental Engineering)
- B Engg (Civil & Water Resources Engineering)
MEMBERSHIP OF ASSOCIATIONS
1 Corporate Member Nigerian Society of Engineers (NO 20443)
1 From 1998- Date, Lecturing at Nigerian Defence Academy
- Engineering Hydraulics
- Engineering Hydrology
- Water Resources & Environmental Engineering
- Design of Hydraulic Structures. Etc
In addition to teaching, I am involved in the supervision of undergraduate projects and cadets’ practicals.
2. From 1994-1995 (NYSC), I served at Taraba State Water Supply Agency as a technical officer in charge of planning, research, and statistics.
- H Garba (2007); Potentials of using immobilized cells of F oxysporium in Biosorption of heavy metals from textile wastewater; Academy Journal of Science and Engineering vol no 1 PP 89-95.
- H Garba, A Ismail and FOP Oriola (2013); Calibration of hydrognomon model for simulating the hydrology of urban Catchment; Open Journal of Modern Hydrology 3 PP 75-78.
- Haruna Garba, Abubakar Ismail, RabiaLawalBatagarawa, Saminu Ahmed, Abdullahi Ibrahim and FaustinusBayang (2013); Climate change impact on sub surface hydrology of Kaduna River Catchment; Open Journal of Modern Hydrology 3 PP 115-121.
- I Abdullahi, A SaminuG Moses and H Garba (2013); Application of statistical model to water level variation of Bauchi township reservoir; International Journal of Engineering & Research Technology. 2(6) PP 1468-1474.
- I Abdulahi, U Tsoho, A Saminu and H Garba (2013); Vehicular trip generation modeling in Maiduguri metropolis; International Journal of Engineering & Research Technology 2(7) PP 1514-1523.
- Haruna Garba, DrAbubakar Ismail, Abdulahi Ibrahim, Saminu Ahmed and FaustinusBayang (2013); Hydrological modeling of the impact of climate change on tropical Perennial River flooding. International Journal of Engineering and SciencesVol 3 Issue (6) PP 30-35.
- A Saminu, U Tsoho G Haruna and L Sagir (2013); Design and construction of a model sedimentation tank using existing slow sand filters for NDA treatment Plant; International Journal of Engineering and Research Technology; 2(2) PP 1694-1699.
- Haruna Garba, Abubakar Ismail and Usman Tsoho (2013); Fitting Probability Distribution Functions to Discharge Variability of Kaduna River. International Journal of Modern Engineering Research (IJMER), Vol.3.Issue.5, Sept-Oct. 2013 PP- 2719-2727.
- A Saminu, I Abdullahi, L Batagarawa, U Tsoho, G Haruna; Modifications of Optinet work software for the implementation of Advance Generic Algorithm on Existing Water Distribution Network; International Journal of Engineering Science & Research Technology 2(12) PP 3599-3606
- Haruna Garba, Abubakar Ismail, FaustinusBayang, Stephen Norman. (2014) Simulating the Impact of Climate Change and Land use on Ground water Percolation Rate; American Journal of Engineering Research (AJER), Volume-03, Issue-04,pp-147-150.
- Engr U Tsoho and H Garba (2014); Flood Risk Variability Impact Assessment of Climate Change on Kaduna River; A Technical paper presented at the public lecture of the Association of Professional Women Engineers of Nigerian Kaduna Branch at ASUP Hall Kaduna Polytechnic on 21st March 2014.
- I Abdullahi, OI Ndububa, U Tsoho, H Garba, S Haladu and F Bayang (2014); Gubi Water Treatment Plant as a Source of Water Supply in Bauchi Township. American Journal of Engineering Research (AJER) Vol -03, Issue-06. Pp 107-119.
- CA Elanu, H Garba, RL Batagarawa; An Assessment of the Physical Characteristics of Industrial Wastewater Discharge into Kaduna River. Journal of Harmonized Research (JOHR) in Engineering 2(3), 2014, 339-345 ISSN 2347-7393.
- A Saminu, L Rabia, U Tsoho, G Haruna B Faustinus: The Least Cost Design of Water Distribution Network for NDA Using Generic Algorithm. Global Journal of Advanced Engineering Technologies and Sciences 2(2) 2015, ISSN 2349-0292 http://www.gjaets.com.
- Physical and Anthropogenic Challenges on Water Resources in Lebanon; Journal of Scientific Research and Reports. Manuscript Number 2013_JSRR_6990. SCIENCEDOMAIN international www.sciencedomain.org.
- Integrated Water Resources Management in the Wake of Climate Change Scenario in Kenya; Journal of Scientific Research and Reports. Manuscript Number 2014_ BJAST_11702. SCIENCEDOMAIN international www.sciencedomain.org.
- Flood Studies Using Annual Rainfall of Ondo State Nigeria; Journal of Scientific Research and Reports. Manuscript Number 2014_BJAST_10857. SCIENCEDOMAIN international www.sciencedomain.org.
PROFESSIONAL SERVICES/HONOUR SOCIETIES:
(1) Registered Engineer COREN (R.25, 804)
LIST OF PUBLICATIONS
(1) Rabia L. Batagarawa*, Saminu Ahmed, John E. Sani, Idowu E. Abiodun (2019).
|Assessing Rainwater Harvesting Potential in Nigerian Secondary Schools– A Case Study of Government Girls Secondary School, Dutse, Abuja Journal of Scientific and Engineering Research, 2019, 6(7):1-10|
(2)A Dadangarba, A Saminu ‘’Domestic rainwater harvesting as an alternative source of water supply Ribadu cantonment NDA Kaduna’’Saudi Journal of Engineering Vol 2, issue 3 Pages 159-164
(3) A. Saminu, RL. Batagarawa, IA. Chukwujama., A. Dadan Garba ; “Analysis of Ground
Water Quality for Wudil Town Kano State, Nigeria”. The Asian Institute of Research Engineering and Technology Quarterly Reviews Vol.1, No.1 pages 6-13, 2018
(4) H.Garba, LG Tilli, S Ahmed, I Abdullahi; “ Rainfall Interpolation Analysis on River Kaduna catchment for climate change assessment ’’ Nigerian journal of Technology (NIJOTECH) Vol. 37 No,3, pages 806-812, 2018.
(5) A Saminu , IA Chukwujama, A Dadan Garba, MM Namadi. “Performance Evaluation of Wupa Waste Water treatment plant Abuja, FCT, Nigeria. ”. American Journal Engineering Research (AJER) Issue-11 Volume-06, pages 85-90, 2017.
(6) A Saminu, A Ismail, IA Chukwujama, OBE Salau; “ Effect of landfill leachate on groundwater quality of ungwan Dosa, Kaduna’’. Academy journal of science and engineering (AJSE) issue 1volume 10 pages 63-70, 2016
(7) A Saminu*1,L Rabia2, A I Ayinla3(2015) “ Sensitivity Analysis of Optinetwork Software for Water Distribution Networks. Global Journal of Advanced Engineering Technologies and Sciences (Gjaets) Vol 04, Issue 02, April 2015.
(8) A Saminu*1 , L Rabia2, U Tsoho3, G Haruna4. B. Faustinus5(2015) “The Least Cost Design of Existing Water Distribution Network for NDA using Genetics Algorithm. Global Journal of Advanced Engineering Technologies and Sciences (Gjaets) Vol 02, Issue 02, Feb 2015.p28-35.
(9)I Abdullahi1 Nasiru,2 A Saminu3,L Sagir4, E Charity 5. (2014) “Design of waste stabilization pond for sewage treatment at Nigerian defense academy staff quarters permanent site Mando Kaduna” International journal of engineering and Applied sciences (IJEAS). Vol 01, Issue 02, Nov 2014.Issn :2393-3661.P9-15
(10)A Saminu1 Abubakar 2, H Sani3 U Tsoho4 I Suleman 5(2014) “ Optimal Design Of Existing Water Distribution Network Using Genetic Algorithms”. American Journal of Engineering Research (AJER) Issue-03 Volume-01, June 2014.Pp-163-173.
(11) A Saminu1, R L Batagarawa2, I Abubakar3U Tsoho4, H Sani5(2014) “Stochastic Analysis of Benue River Flow Using Moving Average (Ma) Model”.”.American Journal of Engineering Research (AJER)Volume-03, Issue-03, March 2014.Pp-274-279.
(12) A Saminu*1, IAbubakar2, L Rabia3, U Tsoho3, G Haruna 5. (2013) “Modifications of Optinet work Software for the Implementation of Advance Genetic Algorithm on Existing Water Distribution Network”. International journal of engineering sciences &research technology, vol.2, issue 12, Dec 2013.ISSN: 2277- 9655.P 3599-3606.
(13) A Saminu*1, I Abdullahi2, U Tsoho3, I Nasiru4, A I Ayinla . (2013) “Investigating the hydrological characteristics of Kaduna river basin”. International journal of engineering sciences &research technology, vol.2, issue 9, Sept 2013issn: 2277- 9655.P2420-2423.
(14) H.Garba, A.Ismail, A. Saminu, I Abdullahi, and B. Faustinus. (2013) “Hydrological modeling of the impact of climate change on a tropical perennial river Flooding”. International journal of engineering and science, vol 3, issue 6, August, pp 30- 35,issn:2278-972.
(15)A Saminu*1, IAbubakar2, L Rabia3, I Abdullahi4 (2013).“Analysis of existing water distribution network, to investigate its adequacy in performances of its function. A case study of Badarawa/ malali distribution network”. International journal of engineering sciences &research technology, vol.2, issue 7, July 2013, ISSN: 2277- 9655.p1713-1728.
(16)H.Garba, A.Ismail, L.Rabia A. Saminu, I Abdullahi and B. Faustinus(2013)“Climate change impact on sub-surface hydrology of Kaduna river Catchment”. Open Journal of Modern Hydrology, vol 3, Jul 2013.pp 115-121.
(17)I. Abdullah*1, U Tsoho2, A Saminu3. (2013)“Vehicular trip by traffic assignment in Maiduguri metropolis”. International journal of engineering sciences &research technology vol.2 issue, 7 July 2013, ISSN: 2277-9655.P 1749-1760.
(18)A Saminu1I Abubakar2, I Nasiru3 and, L Sagir4.(2013) . “Design of Nda water distribution network using Planet”. International journal of emerging science and engineering ijesevol 1 issue 9, July 2013, issn:2319-6378. P5-9.
(19) I Abdullah,1U Tsoho2, A. Saminu3, H Garba4. (2013) “Vehicular trip generation modeling in Maiduguri metropolis”. International Journal of Engineering Sciences & research technology, vol.2 issue 6, June 2013, ISSN: 2277-9655.p1515-1523.
(20) A Saminu1, I. Abdullahi2. And F.O.P. Oriola3.(2013).“Time series model of streamflow of Kaduna River using Ma, Ar, and Arima model”. International journal of engineering sciences & research technology, vol.02, Issue 02, June 2013.ISSN: 2277.9698.P1-5.
(21)ASaminu*1,IAbubakar2,UTsoho3,IAbdullahi4(2013).“Optimization of Badarawa/MalaliWater Distribution Network Using Genetic Algorithm” International Journal of Engineering Sciences &research technology, vol.2, issue 03, March 2013.ISSN: 2277- 9655 P393-
(22) A Saminu 1U Tsoho2 G Haruna and3 L Sagir4 (2013) “Design and construction of a model sedimentation tank using an existing slow sand filter for Nda treatment plant”. International journal of engineering sciences & research technology vol.2, issue2, Feb 2013issn: 2277-9655.P178-182.
(23) Moses, G. Saminu A. and Oriola, F.O.P. (2012). Influence of Compaction Efforts on Compacted Foundry SandTreatedWith Cement Kiln Dust.Journal of Civil and Environmental ResearchNew York, Vol2, Issue5.P11-24
(24) G. K. Moses and A. Saminu (2012). “Cement Kiln Dust Stabilization of CompactedBlack Cotton Soil”. Electronic Journal of Geotechnical Engineering V0l 17:p865-878, Bund F, U.SA.
(25)Oriola, F.O.P.and A. Saminu (2012). “Influence of textile effluent wastewater on compacted lateritic soil”. The electronic journal of geotechnical engineering. page.vol 17 bundles
(26) O.B.E Salau and A .Saminu (2007). “Stochastic modeling of stream flows of river Kaduna using Arma and Arimamodels”.Nigerian Journal of industrial and systems studies miss vol.6 no.3 2007
- Prof. A. Ismail Department of Water/Environmental Engineering A.B.U, Zaria, Kaduna State. Tel:08033176363
- Dr. Ashiru Daura. Federal Ministry of Science and Technology Abuja. Tel: 08052512834
- Tsoho.Department of Civil Engineering NDA Kaduna.Tel: 07069203605
Chronicle of Civil Engineering Head of Department
|1||ENGR||USMAN TSHOHO, BEng, MSc, MNSE||OCT 98||OCT 02|
|2||DR||FOP ORIOLA, BSc, MSc/DIC, PhD, MNSE||OCT 02||OCT 04|
|3||ENGR||USMAN TSHOHO, BEng, MSc, MNSE||OCT 04||OCT 06|
|4||ENGR||JB FAGBOYINBO BSc, MEng, FNSE, FICEM||OCT 06||OCT 08|
|5||ENGR||USMAN TSHOHO, BEng, MSc, MNSE||OCT 08||OCT 13|
|6||COL ENG||IA CHUKWUJAMA (RTD) B.Eng, M.Eng, MNSE||OCT 13||NOV 17|
|7||DR||SAMINU AHMED B.Eng, M.Eng, PhD, COREN||NOV 17||DATE|