Dr. Oladipo F. Agboola
Department of Mechanical Engineering
- Surname – Agboola
- Other Names – Oladipo Folounso
- Sex – Male
- Date and Place of Birth – 25th April 1958, Kaduna
- Residential Address – No 1, Kukawa Avenue, U/Rimi GRA, Kaduna
- State of Origin and Home Town – Osun, Osogbo
- Local Govt Area – Osogbo
- Nationality – Nigeria
- Marital Status – Married
- Number of Children – One
- Language spoken – English, Yoruba, Hausa, Russian
QUALIFICATIONS OBTAINED WITH DATES
- Ph.D, Metallurgical Engineering 2004
- M.Sc, Metallurgical Engineering 1985
- Master of Business Administration 2001
- Certificate in Computer Applicati 2001
- West African School Certificate 1978
- First School Leaving Certificate 1972
- Corporate Member, Nigerian Metallurgical Society.
- Corporate Member, Nigerian Society of Engineers.
- Registered Engineer, (COREN).
- Member, Association of Iron and Steel Technology, USA
Total number: 16.
- Agboola, O.F. (2004). “Investigation and Optimization of the nature and morphology of non-metallic inclusions in High Strength Low alloy Streels, Moscow. (Monograph, Publication in Russian Language).
- Agboola, O.F., Dub, A.V. et.al., (2004), “Non-metallic inclusions in Micro alloyed steels”. Journal of Electric Steelmaking, MISIS, Moscow, No 11, Pp. 36-43. (Publication in Russian Language).
- Agboola, O.F. (2005). “Ladle Treatment of Mild Steel for Automobile Panel”. Spectrum Journal, Vol. 10, Nos 1&2, Pp. 198-204.
- Agboola, O.F. (2005). “The effect of process techniques on the Mechanical properties of V-Ni High Strength Low alloy Pipeline steels. “The Academy Journal of Defence Studies, Vol. II, Pg. 143-151.
- Agboola, O.F. (2006). “Non-metallic inclusions in calcium treated deoxidized steels”. Academy Journal of Science and Engineering, Vol. 4, No 1, Pp. 97-104.
- Agboola, O.F. (2009). “Characterization of non-metallic inclusions in hot rolled calcium treated steel”. Academy Journal of Science and Engineering, Vol. 6, No 1, Pp. 60-66.
- Agboola, O.F. (2009). “The effects of calcium treatment on the size and number of inclusions in steel”. Journal of Engineering and Technology (BUK), Vol. 4, No 2, Pp. 91-96.
- Agboola, O.F. (2009). “Characterization of non-metallic inclusions with complex structures in microalloyed steel”. Journal of Engineering Science and Application (AAU), Vol. 6, No 1&2, Pp. 59-64.
- Agboola, O.F. (2010). “The role non-metallic inclusions in steel failure”. American-Eurasian Journal of Scientific Research, Vol. 5, No 2, Pp. 130-133.
- Agboola, O.F. (2010). “Non-Metallic Inclusions and their Effects on Steel Properties”, Pyla-Mak Services Ltd., Kaduna.
- Garba. D.K., Alhaji, A.U., Agboola, O.F. (2013). “Determination of Suitable Locally Produced Steel in Nigeria as a Base Material for the Production of High Impact Resisting Panel Material”. Global Journal of Engineering, Design and Technology, Vol. 2, No 4, Pp. 67-71.
- Akindapo, J.O., Oyinlola, A.K., Agboola, O.F. (2013). “Mechanical Properties of Polymer Matrix Composites Developed from Fibre Glass (E-Class) and Bisphenol-A-Co-Epichlorohydrine”, International Journal of Engineering Research and Technology, Vol. 2, Issue 12, Pp. 353-364.
- Akindapo, J.O., Oyinlola, A.K., Agboola, O.F., Yakubu, M.K. (2013). Impact Strength and Toughness Properties of Polymer Matric Composites
- Developed from Fibre Glass/3-D Cotton Fibre and Epoxy Resin”. Academy Journal of Science and Engineering, Vol. 7, No 1, Pp. 43-54.
- Garba, D.K., Alhaji, A.U., Agboola, O.F. (2014). Development of High Impact Resisting Material using Nigerian Steel 65 Mn Steel as a Base Material”. Global Journal of Engineering, Design and Technology, Vol. 3, No 1, Pp. 38-42.
AWARDS AND RECOGNITIONS
- Best Student Award in Mathematics and Christian Religious Studies -1978
- Federal Government Overseas Scholarship Award – 1979
- NDA Provost’s letter of Commendation for a successful Tenure as HOD, Department of Mechanical Engineering – Nov 2008
- Service Award for Excellent Performance as HOD Department of Mechanical Engineering -Oct 2013
- Academy Provost’s letter of Commendation for Exemplary Performance as member of organizing Committee for the NDA National Discourse on Peace Support Operations -Jul 2009
- Academy Registrar’s letter of Commendation for Successfully Reviewed the draft Code of Conduct for NDA Civilian Staff -Apr 2015
- NDA Provost’s letter of Commendation for a successful Tenure as Dean, Faculty of Engineering – Nov 2016
EDUCATIONAL INSTITUTIONS ATTENDED WITH DATES
- Moscow State Institute of Steel and Alloys (Technological University), Moscow, Russia – 2001-2004
- Moscow Institute of Steel and Alloys, Moscow, USSR – 1980-1985
- Ahmadu Bello University, Zaria – 1991-2001
- NextGen Computer Technology, Kaduna -2001
- Government College KatsinA – 1973-1978
- St. Augustine’s Primary School, Kaduna – 1966-1972
STUDENT’S INDUSTRIAL WORK EXPERIENCE SCHEME
- Cherepovets Integrated Metallurgical Industry, USSR. (Introductory Industrial Training): July – August 1981.
- Krivoy Rog Matallurgical Company, USSR. (Technological Industrial Training): July – August 1982.
- Novolipetsk Matallurgical Complex, USSR. (Complex Industrial Training): June – August 1983.
- Novolipetsk Matallurgical Complex, USSR. (Pre-degree Industrial Practical): Feb – March 1985.
- O.F. Agboola, The Study and Optimization of Non-Metallic Inclusions Type and Morphology in Micro-Alloyed Steels, Ph.D Thesis, Moscow State Institute of Steel and Alloys (Technological University), Russia, 2004.
- O.F. Agboola, Design of a Basic Oxygen Furnace Steelmaking Section with an Annual Capacity of 5 Million Tones per Annum of Steel, M.Sc Thesis, Moscow Institute of Steel and Alloys, Moscow, USSR, 1985.
- O.F. Agboola, Working Capital Management in Insurance Firms: A Case Study of Selected Insurance Companies in Nigeria, MBA Thesis, ABU, Zaria, 2001.
RESEARCH AREA/ INTEREST
- Production/Physical Metallurgy.
- Materials Development
- Quality Control of Steel and Alloys
- Corrosion of Metals