DR KARDERAM BUKAR DIKWA
Department of Biological Science
Dr Karderam Bukar Dikwa is a senior lecturer in the department of Biological Sciences. She obtained Primary Leaving Certificate and General Certificate in Education (WAEC) in 1980 and 1985 respective, after which she proceeded to University of Maiduguri where she obtained a Diploma in Science Education and Bachelor of Science degree in Zoology in 1987 and 1995 respectively. Dr Dikwa joined the services of Nigerian Defence Academy in 1997 as a graduate assistant. She later obtained a Master of Science degree in Microbiology from Ahmadu Bello University Zaria in 2003 and a Doctorate degree of philosophy in Microbiology from Nigerian Defence Academy in 2017. She is a Member of Nigerian Society for Microbiology (NSM), Parasitology and Public Health Society of Nigeria (PPSN) and Zoological Society of Nigeria (ZSN). She has been involved in teaching and research in Nigerian Defence Academy. Courses taught at undergraduate level include: Military Parasitology, Introductory Parasitology, General Microbiology, Introductory Microbiology, Introductory ecology, lower invertebrates. At postgraduate level, the following courses were taught: Transmission and diseases of protozoan parasites, Transmission and diseases of Helminth parasites, Parasites immunology, Parasitic zoonosis, Basic concept and principles of parasitology, Microbial physiology/technology, Bioentrepreneurship, Introduction to Analysis of body fluids, Forensic Serology. She has served in various capacities: the departmental registration officer, departmental examination officer. She is currently the departmental PG coordinator. Her research has focused on malaria parasite P.falciparum, a pathogenic and dominant species causative agent of most malaria cases in Nigeria. Her research interests are Microbiology and Parasitology.
- M. Muazu, K. B. Dikwa, D. M. Dibal, M. Danjuma, G. O. Sunday and Y. Junaidu (2021). Effects of methanolic leaf extracts of Daniella oliveri on biochemical and haematological parameters of albino mice infected with plasmodium berghei nk 65. Journal of Advances in Microbiology 21(5): 22-32,
- Dikwa, K. B., Maikaje, D. B., Yahaya, U. A., and Suleiman, A. B. (2021). Differences in haematological parameters and haemoglobin phenotypes in symptomatic and asymptomatic subjects with Plasmodium falciparum infection in parts of Kaduna metropolis, Nigeria. African Journal of Clinical and Experimental Microbiology.; Vol.22 No.3
- Dikwa, K.B., Umar Abdullahi Yahaya, Dominic Bawa Maikaje, Ahmad Babangida Suleiman (2020). Genetic Diversity of Plasmodium falciparum isolated from Symptomatic and Asymptomatic Individuals in Parts of Kaduna Metropolis, Kaduna State, Nigeria. American Journal of Microbiology Research. 8(3) 83-92.
- Suleiman, A. B., Makolo, D., Ahmad, A.E., Tahir, M. I., and Dikwa, K. B. (2019). Phenotypic Characterization of staphylococcus species isolated from cases of Bovine Mastitis in parts of Plateau State, Nigeria. Nigerian Journal of Microbiology, 33(1): 4587 -4596
- Anyin J1, Umar Y.A, Dikwa K.B, Musa M.A, Ogundeji E.B, Ojemudia T., Ogundeji A.O. (2019) Prevalence of Human Taeniasis in JOS South Local Government Area of Plateau State. Journal of Environmental Science, Toxicology and Food Technology. 13(7): 52-57.
- Dikwa, K.B., Umar Abdullahi Yahaya, Dominic Bawa Maikaje, Ahmad Babangida Suleiman (2018). Genetic Diversity of Plasmodium falciparum isolated from Symptomatic and Asymptomatic Individuals in Parts of Kaduna Metropolis, Kaduna State, Nigeria. Proceedings of 42nd Genetic Society of Nigeria Annual Conference 2018.703-717.
- Dikwa, K.B., Umar Abdullahi Yahaya, Dominic Bawa Maikaje, Ahmad Babangida Suleiman (2018). Haematological Parameters of Individuals Infected with Plasmodium falciparum in Parts of Kaduna Metropolis, Kaduna State, Nigeria. American Journal of Microbiology and Biotechnology. Vol. 5, No. 3, Pp. 37-43.
- Dikwa, K.B., Regina Sahabi, Olinya Chibuike Emmanuel, Nwigwe Uchenna, Oladamilola Bakare and Solomon Ghaddafi Aminu (2017).Parasitic Contamination of Vegetables Sold at HayinDanmani Market in Kaduna Metropolis, Kaduna State. Journal of Biological Science vol. 3. Article ID 3984.
- Dikwa, K.B. (2013). Common Intestinal Parasites of Human in Nigerian (2013) Lap Lambert Academic Publishing Company Germany.
- Dikwa, K.B., Galadima, M. a,./nd Yakubu, S.E. (2008). Prevalence of intestinal helmenthic infection in apparently healthy pupils and Hiv-positive patients in Zaria and Kaduna, Kaduna State Nigeria. Biological and Environmental Sciences Journal for the Tropics. (BEST) 5 (3):48-51.
- Dikwa, K.B. (2008). Physico-chemical Analysis of Abakwa Stream used for the irrigation of some vegetable crops.pub.co-pyla-mark services (ISBN) Ltd.Pp 23.
- Dikwa,K.B.,Galadima, M.and Yakubu,S.E.(2007).Prevalence of Intestinal Protozoan Infections in Apparently Healthy and Diarrhoeal patients in Zaria and Kaduna, Kaduna State, Nigeria. Academy Journal of Science and Engineering 5(1):1-6.