The Director of Logistics (DOL) is responsible to the Commandant on all Logistics matters including but not limited to budgeting, project planning and implementation, maintenance of Academy facilities and infrastructure, procurement and contract administration, transportation and accommodation management, kitting, arms and ammunition storage, catering services and fire fighting. The DOL is essentially the chief adviser to the Comdt on all logistics issues. The Office of the DOL is held by an Air Force officer with the established rank of Air Commodore.
DESCRIPTION OF THE DIRECTORATE OF LOGISTICS
The Directorate of Logistics (DOL) is one of the 6 Directorates that ensure the Nigerian Defence Academy (NDA) delivers on its core mandate of breeding future officers of the Nigerian Armed Forces. The Directorate of Logistics (DOL) is headed by a Director (also referred to as DOL), who in carrying out his duties, is directly assisted by the Deputy Director Works and Physical Planning (Capt NN) and the Deputy Director Logistics (Col). Other principal staff officers to the DOL include Commanding Officers Supply and Transport, Quarter Master and Engineering Maintenance Group as well as the Mess manager. There are also Assistant Directors (ADs) and equivalents who are responsible to the DOL through their respective Deputy Directors. Under the DD Works & Physical Planning are the Academy Architect (AA), Academy Engineer (AE) and Academy Quantity Surveyor (AQS) while the AD Logistics, AD Quartering and AD Admin Logistics reports to the DD Logistics.
FUNCTION OF THE DIRECTORATE OF LOGISTICS
The DOL is responsible to the Commandant for the following:
- Advising the Comdt on logistics matters.
- Preparing of the Academy budget in conjunction with DOF.
- Coordinating Academy’s procurement and Tenders Board processes.
- Allotting Accommodation to all NDA Staff.
- Controlling and supervising the Motor Transport Battalion.
- Organizing and supervising Cadet’s feeding and other catering services.
- Supervising and maintaining all NDA facilities.
- Directing and supervising the physical planning of facilities and structures within the Academy.
- Serving as Secretary of the NDA Tenders Board.
- Coordinating and Supervising Arms and Ammunition inventory as well as related stores.
- Coordinating projections for TETFund/NEEDS projects as well as other FGN interventions in conjunction with the Academy Branch, and TETFund Desk Office.
- Any other tasks as may be assigned by the Comdt.
CHRONICLE OF DIRECTORS OF LOGISTICS
|1.||Gp Capt||BO Mosugu||Feb 85||Dec 88|
|2.||Gp Capt||VO Omozokpia||Jan 87||Dec 87|
|3.||Gp Capt||SO Cole||Jan 88||Nov 88|
|4.||Gp Capt||VO Omozokpia||Nov 88||Oct 90|
|5.||Gp Capt||VC Akiti||Oct 90||Sep 91|
|6.||Gp Capt||PG Asemota||Sep 91||Aug 94|
|7.||Gp Capt||BA Iyam||18 Aug 94||20 Sep 94|
|8.||Gp Capt||AA Ojo||26 Sep 94||23 Aug 95|
|9.||Gp Capt||JOP Akingbala||24 Aug 95||19 Aug 97|
|10.||Gp Capt||I Kefas||20 Aug 97||26 Jan 98|
|11.||Air Cdre||I Kefas||26 Jan 98||02 Feb 99|
|12.||Gp Capt||IJ Orji||02 Feb 99||26 Jul 99|
|13.||Gp Capt||ER Ejeh||26 Jul 99||21 Dec 01|
|14.||Air Cdre||ER Ejeh||21 Dec 01||10 Jan 03|
|15.||Gp Capt||DK Nzomasaki||10 Jan 03||22 Dec 04|
|16.||Air Cdre||K Alimi||22 Dec 04||29 Jan 06|
|17.||Gp Capt||OG Kushalu||29 Jan 06||09 Jan 07|
|18.||Air Cdre||JA Udoh||09 Jan 07||28 Mar 07|
|19.||Air Cdre||SB Naniwono||29 Mar 07||26 Aug 09|
|20.||Air Cdre||JN Obiefule||26 Aug 09||02 Nov 10|
|21.||Air Cdre||B Akanbi||02 Nov 10||15 Jun 11|
|22.||Air Cdre||A Kakkaba||15 Jun 11||09 Feb 12|
|23.||Air Cdre||YAB Iliyasu||09 Feb 12||20 Nov 12|
|24.||Air Cdre||CT Dii||20 Nov 12||27 Feb 14|
|25.||Air Cdre||FG Oparah||27 Feb 14||12 Jun 15|
|26.||Air Cdre||AI Dorotoye||12 Jun 15||27 Jul 18|
|27.||Air Cdre||DN Danat||27 Jul 18||18 Dec 19|
|28.||Air Cdre||ES Ogunmodede||18 Dec 19||17 Jul 20|
|29.||Air Cdre||MJ Chidama||17 Jul 20||12 Mar 21|
|30.||Air Cdre||AO Shogbanmu||12 Mar 21||12 Dec 22|
|31.||Air Cdre||YA Katabiya||12 Dec 22|
|31.||Air Cdre||SA Buhari||Till Date|