The Directorate of Administration (DOA) is one of the 7 directorates under the Military Branch of the Nigerian Defence Academy. The DOA is responsible to the Comdt for coordinating all issues/activities relating to general administration, medical, Intelligence and Military Police departments, affairs of Chaplaincy/Imam, welfare of military personnel as well as disciplinary matters, pay/allowances of junior soldiers, leave/passes for the DOA staff and deployment of service personnel in the Academy including recommending soldiers for promotion and coordinating activities of the Armed Forces Selection Board (AFSB) in collaboration with the Academy Registrar (AR).
The DOA is headed by a Director from the Navy with an established rank of Commodore. The Director is assisted by graded staff officers. There are presently 5 departments in the DOA. These are: NDA Provost, 92 Military Intelligence Regiment, Religious Affairs Departments, Band and Museum/Archives. The current Director of Administration (DOA) is Commodore AI Saleh who joined the directorate on 6 Apr 21.
Schedule Of Duties Of The Directorate Of Administration
The schedule of duties of the DOA include the following:
- Coordinating activities for the Passing Out Parade for regular cadets and short service cadets.
- Processing of retirement and discharge benefits for officers and soldiers respectively.
- Ensuring appropriate documentation of newly posted service personnel.
- Initiating Board of Inquiry (BOI) and other related matters as may be directed by the Comdt.
- Liaison with Services’ HQs, State governments and other external organisations.
- Coordinating and arranging for appropriate burial of deceased service personnel.
- Facilitating the processing of passports and visas for civilians and service personnel as directed by the Comdt.
- Coordination and arrangement of send forth ceremony, cresting and provision of NDA Table crest for posted officers.
- Coordination, arrangement and disbursement of Comdt’s token welfare for posted out officers and soldiers/ratings/airmen/airwomen.
- Coordination and arrangement for combined decoration of promoted officers and soldiers/ratings/ airmen/airwomen in the Academy.
- Administering NYSC members posted to NDA.
Chronicle Of Appointments For The DOA Command
|1.||Capt (NN)||NA Davies||Jan 84||Jan 86|
|2.||Capt (NN)||IS Areola||Jan 86||Jul 87|
|3.||Capt (NN)||I Ogohi||Jul 87||Jan 90|
|4.||Capt (NN)||GA Shiyanbade||Jan 90||Jan 92|
|5.||Capt (NN)||AO Adefowora||Jan 92||Feb 94|
|6.||Capt (NN)||AS Olaleye||Feb 94||Apr 96|
|7.||Cdre||SA Olukoya||Apr 96||Sep 98|
|8.||Capt (NN)||IA Ebereime||Sep 98||Aug 99|
|9.||Capt (NN)||M Ajadi||Aug 99||Aug 00|
|10.||Capt (NN)||II Ibrahim||Aug 00||Aug 01|
|11.||Capt (NN)||SO Attah||Aug 01||Dec 01|
|12.||Cdre||SO Attah||Dec 01||Jan 03|
|13.||Capt (NN)||EE Ita||Jan 03||Aug 03|
|14.||Capt (NN)||AS Adebayo||Aug 03||Dec 04|
|15.||Cdre||AS Adebayo||Dec 04||Jan 05|
|16.||Capt (NN)||KC Okpara||Jan 05||Dec 05|
|17.||Cdre||KC Okpara||Dec 05||Jul 06|
|18.||Capt (NN)||AA Sam-Sale||Jul 06||Jun 07|
|19.||Capt (NN)||OF Oduyemi||Jun 07||Oct 07|
|20.||Capt (NN)||SH Usman||Oct 07||Dec 07|
|21.||Cdre||SH Usman||Dec 07||Jun 08|
|22.||Capt (NN)||BA Nathus||Jun 08||Dec 08|
|23.||Cdre||BA Nathus||Dec 08||Jun 09|
|24.||Cdre||AA Dacosta||Jun 09||Dec 10|
|25.||Cdre||UK Ahmed||Dec 10||Feb 12|
|26.||Cdre||Y Hinna||Feb 12||Aug 12|
|27.||Cdre||MM Salami||Aug 12||Jan 14|
|28.||Cdre||MB Teidi||Jan 14||Feb 14|
|29.||Cdre||WO Kayoda||Feb 14||Mar 14|
|30.||Cdre||ER Yakubu||Mar 14||Oct 15|
|31.||Cdre||MI Lekwot||8 Oct 15||17 Feb16|
|32.||Cdre||AM Adegboyega||17 Feb 16||3 Jul 17|
|33.||Cdre||ME Ebe||3 Jul 17||19 Nov18|
|34.||R Adm||ME Ebe||20 Nov 17||17 Jan18|
|35.||Cdre||JE Ake||17 Jan 18||2 Jun 20|
|36.||Cdre||AA Adesope||2 Jun 20||25 Nov 20|
|37.||R Adm||AA Adesope||25 Nov 20||6 Apr 21|
|38.||Cdre||AI Saleh||6 Apr 21||Till Date|