In line with the global trend and the need for our society, the modern day-to-day systems which form an integral part of human lives, sense and interact with the environment. These systems can operate autonomously (without any human interference) or semi-autonomously: they can as well function under the supervision of human operators. Such systems referred to as Mechatronic systems create a new opportunity in the field of Engineering disciplines, thus, giving birth to Mechatronic Engineering. The recognition of the need for a wide range of knowledge and expertise in the various engineering field in the 21st century necessitates the creation of the Mechatronic Engineering Department under the Faculty of Engineering and Technology, NDA.
DESCRIPTIONS AND OBJECTIVES
Mechatronic engineering integrates Mechanical, Electrical/Electronics, Computer Engineering disciplines to address the challenges of designing and deploying intelligent technologies. The Department offers brand new and exciting courses in Mechatronic Engineering, driven by research expertise and industrial collaboration. Our courses include Sensors and Actuators, Robotics, Artificial Intelligence, Guided Weapon systems, Autonomous vehicles, Internet of things, Remote sensing among others. The vision objectives are stated as follows::
- To produce competent graduates who will be trained in the subject matter with the requisite knowledge to work across traditional boundaries.
- To provide a platform for leveraging one’s ingenuity and creativity by providing hands-on projects aimed at providing technical solutions to real-life problems in society.
- To advance the frontiers of knowledge by considering projects which are societal pressing needs informed by research and industry leaders.
- To produce employable graduates equipped with skills and potential to work for organizations such as the military, oil and gas, telecom companies or set up private enterprises.
Academic Degree programmes
BEng in Mechatronic Engineering – Open for the NDA Regular Cadets only.
PGD in Mechatronic Engineering – Active.
Msc in Mechatronics Engineering – Pending.
Postgraduate Diploma in Mechatronics – Active
- Bachelor degree in Mechanical, Electrical/Electronic, Computer Engineering, Computer Science and Physics with at least a third class division.
- HND Mechanical, Electrical/Electronic, Computer Engineering, Physics, Computer Science with at least a lower credit.
Masters in Mechatronic Engineering – Pending
- Bachelor degree in mechanical, Electrical/Electronic, Computer Engineering, Computer Science and Physics with at least a second class lower (2.2) division
- PGD in Mechatronics with at least a Second Class lower (2.2) division
CHRONICLES OF HEAD OF DEPARTMENT
|1.||Maj (Assoc Prof)||AS Imam – BEng, Msc, PhD, psc, FSS, MNSE, REng(COREN), MNIM||15 Nov 19||12 Jul 20|
|2.||Lt Col (Assoc Prof)||AS Imam – BEng, Msc, PhD, psc, FSS, MNSE, REng(COREN), MNIM||12 Jul 20||31 Mar 21|
|3.||Lt Col (Assoc Prof)||AS Imam – BEng, Msc, PhD, psc, FSS, MNSE, REng(COREN), MNIM||1 Apr 21||–|