- Ph.D – Forensic & Correctional Psychology (Nasarawa State University, Keffi)
- M.Sc Forensic and Correctional Psychology (Nasarawa State University, Keffi)
- B.Sc (Hons.) Psychology (Second class Upper Division) (Nasarawa State University, Keffi)
Forensic & Correctional Psychology, Military Psychology, Counseling, Trauma Healing, Psychological Tests and Testing.
Forensic and Correctional Psychology of global status appraisal. The work cut across other field in Psychology which encompasses Forensic, Clinical, Police, Organizational, Cognitive, Criminal and Investigation. In view of that he is motivated and inspired to expand my scope to almost all the field of Psychology, Terrorism, Radicalization, Legal, Military, Prisons, Post- Traumatic Stress Disorder, and gradually developing the ideas and perspectives in the practice and especially development of Psychology programs, organizing conferences.
DM Shekwolo is a Forensic and Correctional Psychologist and lecturer in the Department of Psychology, Nigerian Defence Academy, Kaduna. He had his secondary education at Kugwaru Primary School, Karu L.G.A in 1991 to 1996 of Nasarawa State. He gained admission in for his secondary education in Government Secondary School, Keana Nasarawa State in 1997 to 2002 where he obtained his Senior Secondary School Certificate. In 2004 he was admitted to study B.Sc Psychology in Nasarawa State University, Keffi where he graduated in 2008 with Second Class Upper Division. After serving his father’s land (NYSC) in 2009 Ondo State, he was offered Admission into Postgraduate School in 2010/ 2011 academic session where he obtained Master of Science Degree (M.Sc) and PhD in Forensic and Correctional Psychology at Nasarawa State University, Keffi in 2014 and 2019 respectively. He joined the Department of Psychology in the Nigerian Defence Academy Kaduna on 9thFebuary, 2018 as Assistant Lecturer.
On assuming office Mr. Shekwolo was appointed Member Faculty of Arts and Social Sciences Research and Monitoring Committee, Department of Psychology Library and Laboratory Officer, Member, Psychological Assessment Committee, Armed Forces Selection Board, Secretary Planning Committee, Nigerian Forensic Psychology Association Conference 2018. Presently, Mr. Shekwolo is a 400 level Cadets Staff Adviser Department of Psychology, Department of Psychology Library, Laboratory and Clinic Officer, Cadets Registration Officer and other related capacities in and outside NDA.
His areas of research interest include Forensic and Correctional setting, Terrorism, Psychological testing and test construction, experimental laboratory work, traumatized patients, Psychological Assessment. He has participated in several conferences with conference proceeding as well as journal publications.
- Member, Nigerian Psychological Association (MNPA) 2017
- Member, Nigerian Forensic Psychology. (MNAFP) 2018
- Member, Association of Practicing Psychologists in Nigeria (MASPN) 2008
- Member, Corps Peer Educator Trainers. (N.Y.S.C SCHEME). (MCPET) 2010
CURRENT PUBLICATIONS IN PRESS
- Shekwolo, D.M., Ajodo, F.M., & Joseph, S (2018). Gender Related Violence Exclusion of Women in Politics in Nigeria.Nasarawa Journal of Political Sciences (5) 3, 37-49. ISSN:977-2543-3234
- Shekwolo, D.M.,&Ajodo F.M. (2018). Gender, age, work and motivation for higher education enrolment into regular and LVT program in Nasarawa State University, Keffi. Keffi International Journal of Science and Humanities. (1)1, 25-38.ISSN:977-2543-3233.
- Joseph, S., Shekwolo, D.M.,&Maluwano, J.H (2019). Population growth and environmental \sustainability in keffi. Novena Journal of Management and Social Sciences. (2) 59-74.ISBN: 26826046.
- Shekwolo, D.M., Ugese J.I., Faith, M.A., Samuel, L.B., &Marcus, A. (2019). The role of guidance and counseling in career development among students in karu local government area of Nasarawa State. FUDMA Journal of Educational Foundations, (2),1,61-69. ISBN: 1596-5414.
- Shekwolo, D.M., Ugese J.I., Faith, M.A., Samuel, L.B., &Marcus, A. (2019). Influence of family structure and socio-economic status on delinquency among secondary school students in Keffi local government area of Nasarawa State. FUDMA Journal of Educational Foundations, (2), 1,159-171. ISBN: 1596-5414.
- Shekwolo, D.M., & Zamani, A.E (2019).Psychological theories of radicalization for violent crimes and terrorism. International Journal of Social Science and Sustainable Development, (9),2,146-163. ISBN: 2276-8122.
- Mercy, I., Aminu, D., Abubakar, A., Shekwolo,D.M.,&Olofin F. Temidayo. (2019). Influence of academic stress on academic performance of undergraduate students of Nasarawa State University, Keffi.Al-hikma Journal of Arts and Social Science Education, (1), 2, 35-42. ISBN: 2705-2559.
- Shekwolo, D.M., Newton, R.T., & (2020). Public perception of Kidnapping activities and posttraumatic stress disorder in Chikun local government area of Kaduna State- Nigeria. American Journal of Psychology, 2, (1),35-45
- Fakokunde, M.O., Shekwolo, D.M.,Akise, O.O., & David, H.K. (2020). Influence of rural-urban migration on criminal behaviour in Kaduna South, Kaduna State – Nigeria. Kampala International University Journal of Social Sciences, 3, (6), 163-174. ISBN: 2413-9580
- Shekwolo, D.M., Agnes, O., John, H.D., & David, H.K. (2020). Relationship between substance abuse and suicidal ideation among youths in Kaduna North Kaduna State Nigeria. Kampala International University Journal of Humanities, 5(4),119-127.ISBN: 2415-0843
- Shekwolo, D.M.,Abdullahi, I.A., &Gidado, A.J. (2020). Assessment of the perception of security men on criminal profiling as a tool for crime control in Kaduna State Nigeria.The International Journal of Humanities and Social Studies, 8(12),45-57.
- Shekwolo, D.M.,Adejoh, V.A., &Afiniki, M.Y. (2021). Alleged community stimulus of kidnapping on depression of in chikun local government area of Kaduna State- Nigeria. SAU Journal of Management Sciences, 6(1)1-13.ISBN: 2550-7302/
- Agnes, O., Shekwolo,D.M.,& Laraba, L. (2021). Influence of family separation on children delinquent behaviour in chikun local government area of Kaduna State. Al-hikma Journal of Arts and Social Sciences Education, 3, (1), 7-13. ISBN: 2705-2559.
- Nalah, A.B., Daniel, L.I., &Shekwolo, D.M. (2020). Socialization, peer group influence, academic achievement and dynamics of erudite scholarship among university students. Trans African Journal of Contemporary Research, 1,(5). 102-115. 111-8-1923
- Bashir, A.Y., Shekwolo, D.M.,& Emmanuel, C.A. (2020). Assessing work schedule and occupational stress on the job performance of hospital workers in Nigerian Defence Academy, Kaduna, Nigeria. Journal of Defence Studies, 20, 126-142. ISBN: 1117-8795.
- Shekwolo, D.M., Philemon, A.A., Jonathan, I.U., &Ufedo, G.O. (2021) Influence of deployment on Psychological well-being of Nigerian Military Families.NDAJournal of Management Sciences Research, 1, (1), 50-61. ISBN: 2795-2770.
- Shekwolo, D.M., & Andrew E.Z. (2021). Occupational Stress as determinant of aggression among correctional officers of selected medium correctional centers in Nasarawa State. Journal of Defence Studies, 21, 110-132. ISBN: 1117-8795.
- Shekwolo, D.M., & Faith, M.A., & Betusan, L.D. (2021). Examining gender related attitudes of gbagyis towards female infertility in Karu local government area of Nasarawa State. FUDMA Journal of Gender and development, 1,(1),217-234. ISBN: 2705-3369.
- 4Shekwolo, D.M., Fenan, V.N., Newton, R.T., & Sunday, G.A. (2012). Social characteristics and perception of Terrorism in Borno State, Nigeria. Gusau International Journal of Management and Social Sciences, 4, (1), 249- 263. ISBN: 2735-9026.
- Shekwolo, D.M., Mercy, J., Adejoh, V.A., & Denis, A. (2021). Assessing the correlation between big five personality dimension and depression among hospital workers in Keffi, Nasarawa State, Nigeria. International Journal of management, Social Sciences, Peace and Conflict Studies. 4, (2) 313- 326. ISBN: 26826135.
- Shekwolo, D.M.,Luka, O.A., Doka, J.J., & Deborah, A.S. (2021).Victims compensation, perception of Justice and coping strategy and the implication of future occurrences of conflict in Jema’a local government area of Kaduna State, Nigeria.International Journal of management, Social Sciences, Peace and Conflict Studies.4, (3) 27- 41. ISBN: 26826135.
- Deborah, A.S., Adejoh, V.A., & Shekwolo, D.M. (2021). Demographic factors as determinant of academic performance among postgraduate students of Nigerian Defence Academy Kaduna State, Nigeria. Sapientia Global Journal of Arts, Humanities and Development Studies. 4, (3) 231-241. ISBN: 26952319.
CHAPTERS IN BOOKS
- Shekwolo, D.M., & Ugese, J.I. (2019). Psychological antidotes of separation and psychological distress experienced among military families in Nigerian defence and security: the role of military families P:51-61.ISBN: 978-978-56555-1-3
- Agashua, A. P, Shekwolo, D.M.,& Orkuugh, L. L. (2020). Personality, Arms and Crimes: The Psychological Dynamics of Small Arms and Light Weapons Proliferation in Africa. Tar, A. Usman (ed) (2020). The Palgrave Handbook of Small Arms and Conflict in Africa.Palgrave Macmillan, London and New York.
BOOK OF PROCEEDINGS
- Shekwolo, D.M., & Andrew E.Z. (2019). Appraisal of methodological issues in forensic psychological research. Forensic Psychology in Contemporary Criminal Justice System 51-64. ISBN: 978-978-8535-79-9.
- Shekwolo, D.M., & Philemon, A.A., Ruwan, F.I.G., & Faith, M.A. (2019).Strength and critique of criminal profiling as a method of crime investigation: A review of literature. Forensic Psychology in Contemporary Criminal Justice System: 93-100.ISBN: 978-978-8535-79-9.