- FULL NAME: CHUKWUJAMA, IFEANYI AZUKA
- DATE OF BIRTH: 3 JULY 1959
- STATE OF ORIGIN: ANAMBRA
- LOCAL GOVT AREA: IDEMILI SOUTH
- NATIONALITY: NIGERIAN
- MARITAL STATUS: MARRIED
- RELIGION: CHRISTIANITY
- E-mail Address: email@example.com
- M.Sc Civil Engineering (Structures) University of Lagos (1990).
- B.Sc (Hons) Civil Engineering (First Class), University of Lagos (1983).
- Certificate in Computer Appreciation, Nigerian Defence Academy, Kaduna (2002).
- WASC (Grade 1 Distinction) Nigerian Military School, Zaria (1978).
1. Member, Nigerian Society of Engineers (MNSE) (03170).
2. Registered Professional Civil Engineer by the Council for the Regulation of Engineering in Nigeria (R.3415).
Activities in COREN
(i) Council Member Representing the Nigerian Army in CORENCouncil (2004-2005).
(ii) Member Regulation and Control Committee.
(iii) Member Registration (Personal) Committee.
(iv) Member Main Organizing Committee, 13th Engineering Assembly.
(v) Member Presidential Implementation Sub-Committee on Engineering.
(vi) Member, Engineering Regulation and Monitoring (PIC-ERM).
- Nigerian Military School, Zaria (1973-1978).
- University of Lagos (1978-1983).
- Nigerian Army School of Military Engineering (1985).
- University of Lagos (Post-graduate Studies) (1988-1990).
- Nigerian Army School of Military Engineering Strategies Management Studies (2006).
- Troop Commander, Engineer Maintenance Regiment, Kaduna (1983-1984).
- Troop Commander, II Field Engr Regiment, Zaria (1985-1986).
- Project Civil Engineer, Central Workshop Project, Kaduna (1986-1987).
- Civil Engineer, Directorate of Army Works (DAW), Lagos (1987-1988).
- Structural Engineer, DAW (1990-1994).
- Senior Instructor, Civil Engineering Wing, Nigerian Army School of Military Engineering (NASME) (1994-1996).
- Civil/Structural Engineer, DAW (1996-1998).
- Cantonment Maintenance Officer, 44 Divisional Engineer 82 Division, Enugu (1998-2000).
- Senior Lecturer, Department of Civil Engineering, Nigerian Defence Academy Kaduna, (2000-2003).
- Deputy Director Property Management, Post-Service Housing Directorate, ArmyHeadquarters, Abuja (2004-2005).
- HOD Civil Engineering Department, Institute of Technology and Environmental Studies(ITES) NASME (2005-2006).
- Colonel Works, 44 Division Engineers, Enugu (2006-2007).
- Director of Studies, Institute of Technology and Environmental Studies, NASME, Makurdi (2007-2009).
- Deputy Director, Engineering Services, Defence Headquarters, Abuja (2009-2010).
- Senior Lecturer, Department of Civil Engineering, Nigerian Defence Academy, Kaduna, Nigeria (2010-2013).
- Head of Department of Civil Engineering, Nigerian Defence Academy, Kaduna, Nigeria (2013 to date).
- General renovation/maintenance of the building and infrastructural facilities with 1 Mechanised Division, Kaduna: 1983 – 1984.
- Construction of military bunker for combat operations in 11 Field Engineer Regiment, Zaria: 1985 – 1986.
- Construction of military airstrip with a runway length of 800m and adjourning two (2) Trapezoidal shaped Aprons at Jaji near Kaduna: 1985 – 1986.
- Supervision of construction of administrative and workshop building and road construction at the Central Workshop Project, Rigachukwu, Kaduna: 1986 – 1987.
- The following project was executed in my capacity as the SO2 Civil Engineering, Directorate of Army Works, Nigerian Army Engineerings; Bonny Cantonment, Victoria Island, Lagos: 1987 – 1988.
- Valuation of work done with reconstruction of road and drainages within Basawa Barracks, Zaria.
- Deflooding of the Command Children School, Ojo Military Cantonment Ojo, Lagos.
- Deflooding works in Dodan Barracks, Ikoyi, Lagos.
- Deflooding works in Ann and Myhoung Barracks, Yaba, Lagos.
- Structural design of reinforced concrete structure for the Nigerian Army Armour School, Bauchi.
- Deflooding of the premises of the Military Secretary’s Office in Bonny Camp, Victoria Island, Lagos
- Supervision of 3 No. 3-Storey residential buildings in Bonny Camp, Victoria Island, Lagos.
- Structural appraisal of the house at No.9 Boudillon Road, Ikoyi, Lagos.
- Underpinning of 3-Storey Block of Flat at Myhoung Barracks, Yaba, Lagos.
- Structural design of pressed steel elevated water tank of capacity 50,000 imperial gallons (228m3) at Engineer Surrey Regiment Owode, Ogun State
- Structural design of an emergency staircase for the 25-Storey Ministry of Defence Building, Lagos.
- As the Cantonment Maintenance Officer (CMO), 44 Divisional Engineers, 82 Division, Nigerian Army, Enugu, I executed the following projects from 1998 – 2000.
- Maintenance of building.
- Supervision of building construction.
- Maintenance of roads and drains within the Cantonment. As the Staff Officer Grade 1, Civil/Qs, Logistics Branch, Armed Forces Command and Staff College, Jaji Military Cantonment, Kaduna State, the following projects were executed: 2003 – 2004.
- Supervision of construction of buildings for residential purposes
- Management of the water treatment plant serving the Cantonment.
- Maintenance of building
- As the Deputy Director Property Management, Post-service Housing Directorate (Army), Mambila Barrack, Asokoro Abuja, the following projects were executed: March 2004 – January 2005.
- Management of the Directorate’s estates located on Kubwa, Abuja, Lagos, Jos, Calabar and Kaduna.
- Design and construction of roads and drainage within the estate at Kurudu near Karu, Abuja. Construction of 2-span reinforced concrete bridge over River Meoman at Waya – Kwande Local Government Area of Benue State. The bridge whose total length is 30m has one intermediate pier support with 2 Abutments at each end all resting on bored piles. 2005. As the Colonel Works, 44 Divisional Engineers, 82 Division, Enugu, the following projects were executed in Aukunanaw Barracks, Enugu: 2006 – 2007
- Complete renovation of 10No. 36 Family (3 Storey block) Corporal and below quarters.
- Complete renovation of 30 No. 3 Bedroom Bungalow Officers Quarters.
- Reactivation of water supply facilities with the Awkunanaw Barracks.
- As the Deputy Director, Engineering Services, Defence Headquarters (DHQ), Abuja (2007 – 2010), I was involved with the following
- DHQ Rep at the Presidential Committee on Barrack Rehabilitation (PCBR), Abuja.
- Maintenance of DHQ building.
- Maintenance of residential quarters in Niger Barracks, Abuja
- Force Service Star (FSS)
- Meritorious Service Star (MSS)
- Distinguish Service Star (DSS)
- Listening to Christian Music/Message
- Fifth International Conference on THE CONSTRUCTED ENVIRONMENTAL 16 – 17 October, 2014, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia United States of America.
- 2012 Nigerian Society of Engineers National Conference held in Ilorin, Kwara State, 3 – 7 December 2012.
Theme: Strategies for Promotion of Sustainable Technology-Based and Production–Driven Economy in Nigeria. 2012 World Congress on Engineering and Technology (CET 2012) held in Beijing, China, October 2012. 20th COREN ZONAL Engineering Assembly, held in Kaduna, Nigeria, July 20.
Theme: The Nigerian Content Development Act: A Turning
Point for EngineeringPractice in Nigeria
- 2012 International Conference on Building Materials and Structural Engineering(BMSE 2012) held in Wuhan China, March 2012.
- Advanced Digital Appreciation Programme for Tertiary Institution (ADAPTI) Training for 2011 by Digital Bridge Institute: 16-20 May 2011, Abuja Nigeria.
- Seminar on Entrepreneurship Development, organized by the National Board for Technical Education at Hamdala Hotel, Kaduna, January 2009. NSE National Conference held in Owerri, Nigeria (Heartland 2009) December 2009.
Theme: Engineering Strategies for Confronting Challenges of Global Economic Meltdown. COREN 19th Engineering Assembly held in Abuja: August 2010.
Theme: Nigeria at 50; Challenges of Sustainable Infrastructural Development. COREN 18th Engineering Assembly held in Abuja August 2009.
Theme: Engineering Education and Training; Key to Infrastructural Development. COREN 15th Engineering Assembly held in Abuja: July 2006.
Theme: Issues of Engineering Regulation in Nigeria. COREN 14th Engineering Assembly held in Abuja Sept 2005.
Theme: Engineering Education, Practice and Regulation, the
Nigerian Situation. COREN 13th Engineering Assembly held in Abuja Sept 2004.
Theme: National Economic Empowerment and Development Strategies.
NSE National Conference held in Warri: December 2004.
Theme: Local Content Development in the Nigerian Economy.
NSE National Conference held in Kaduna, January 2003.
Theme: Engineering Education and Practice in Nigeria.
- NSE National Conference held in Port Harcourt, December 2001.
Theme: Sustainable National Infrastructural Development.
- International Engineering Conference held in Ikeja, Lagos, December 1997.
Theme: Industrial Development: Strategies for Development Countries.
- NSE National Engineering Conference held in Benin City, December 1999.
Theme: Engineering in Revitalizing a Depressed Economy.
NSE National Conference held in Lagos, December 1994.
NSE National Engineering Conference held in Jos, December 1990.
Theme: Engineering Challenges and Strategies for the 1990s.
- Structural Engineering Practice in Nigeria: Successes, failures/lessons: Ubiquities Magazine, Journal of Nigerian Army Engineers (1988).
- Education and Training of Engineers in Nigeria (1990) (not published).
- Employment of Global Positioning System and Geographic Information System in Engineering Practice (2008) (not published).
- Effective Execution of Direct Labour Projects by the Nigerian Army Engineer(2010) (not published).
- Standardization of Locally Available Reinforcing Steel Bars in Nigeria. Groundnut Shell Ash Modification of Tropical Black Clay: Paper presented at the Fifth International Conference on the Constructed Environment, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia United States of America: 16 – 17 October 2014.
- H Garba and IA Chukwujama (2016), Evaluating the Performance of a Hydrological Model on River Kaduna Discharge: International Journal of Engineering Research and Applications: ISSN 2248 – 9622, Vol 6, Issue 1 (Part – 3); pp25-29.
- The Effect of Groundnut Shell Ash on the Particle Size and Plasticity Characteristics of Black Cotton Soil: Paper presented at the Sixth International Conference on the Constructed Environment, University of Arizona, Tucson, United States of America: 2 – 4 April 2016.
SERVICE TO THE NIGERIAN DEFENCE ACADEMY AND ENGINEERING COMMUNITY
- Chairman, Examination Malpractice Committee (Jan 2013 to Date).
- Member, Research Development and Monitoring Committee (Jan 2013 to Date).
- Chairman, Cadet’s Counseling Committee (2010-2013)
- Chairman, Departmental Disciplinary Committee (2010-2013).
- Chairman, Committee on Development of Departmental Strategic Planning (2011).
- Member, Committee on Research Think-Tank for the Development of Simulator forCobra APC (2011-date).
- Chairman, Ad-Hoc Committee for the Commencement of Post-graduate Programme in Structural Engineering (2012).
- Chairman, Departmental Curriculum Review Committee (2010-2013).
- Member, Departmental Research Seminar and Conference Committee (2012).
- Member, Departmental Staff Appraisal Committee (2010-2013).
- Chairman, NUC/COREN Accreditation Facilitating Committee (2010-2013).
- Chairman, NATE/NSE/COREN Registration Committee (2010-2013).
- COREN Accreditation Visitation for Civil Engineering Undergraduate Programme of the University of Agriculture, Makurdi, Benue State, Nigeria (2-25 October 2012).
- COREN Accreditation Visitation for the Civil Engineering Undergraduate Programme of the University of technology Uli, Anambra State, Nigeria (October, 2005).
Overcoming the Limitation and Improving the Performance of the Medium Girder Bridge.
- Engr (Prof) MA SALAU Dean, Faulty of Engineering University of Lagos, AkokaLagos, Nigeria
- Engr (Prof) SP EJEH Department of Civil Engineering Faculty of Engineering Ahmadu Bello University Zaria, Nigeria
- Engr (Prof) IO AGBEDE Dean, College of Engineering Federal University of Agriculture Makurdi, Nigeria
PROFESSIONAL SERVICES/HONOUR SOCIETIES:
(1) Registered Engineer COREN (R.25, 804)
LIST OF PUBLICATIONS
(1) Rabia L. Batagarawa*, Saminu Ahmed, John E. Sani, Idowu E. Abiodun (2019).
|Assessing Rainwater Harvesting Potential in Nigerian Secondary Schools– A Case Study of Government Girls Secondary School, Dutse, Abuja Journal of Scientific and Engineering Research, 2019, 6(7):1-10|
(2)A Dadangarba, A Saminu ‘’Domestic rain water harvesting as an alternative source of water supply Ribadu cantonment NDA Kaduna’’Saudi Journal of Engineering Vol 2, issue 3 Pages 159-164
(3) A. Saminu, RL. Batagarawa, IA. Chukwujama., A. Dadan Garba ; “Analysis of Ground
Water Quality for Wudil Town Kano State, Nigeria” . The Asian Institute of Research Engineering
and Technology Quarterly Reviews Vol.1, No.1 pages 6-13, 2018
(4) H.Garba, LG Tilli, S Ahmed, I Abdullahi ; “ Rainfall Interpolation Analysis on River Kaduna catcment for climate change assessment ’’ Nigerian journal of Technology (NIJOTECH) Vol. 37 No,3, pages 806-812, 2018.
(5) A Saminu , IA Chukwujama, A Dadan Garba, MM Namadi. “Performance Ealuation of Wupa Waste Water treatment plant Abuja, FCT, Nigeria. ”. American Journ Engineering Research (AJER) Issue-11 Volume-06, pages 85-90, 2017.
(6) A Saminu, A Ismail,IA Chukwujama, OBE Salau; “ Effect of landfill leachate on ground water quality of unguwan Dosa, Kaduna’’. Academy journal of science and engineering (AJSE) issue 1volume 10 pages 63-70, 2016
(7) A Saminu*1 ,L Rabia2, A I Ayinla3(2015) “ Sensitivity Analysis of Optinetwork Software for Water Distribution Networks. Global Journal of Advanced Engineering Technologies and Sciences (Gjaets) Vol 04, Issue 02, April 2015.
(8) A Saminu*1 ,L Rabia2, U Tsoho3, G Haruna4. B. Faustinus5(2015) “The Least Cost Design of Existing Water Distribution Network for NDA using Genetics Algorithm. Global Journal of Advanced Engineering Technologies and Sciences (Gjaets) Vol 02, Issue 02, Feb 2015.p28-35.
(9)I Abdullahi1 Nasiru,2 A Saminu3,L Sagir4 , E Charity 5.(2014) “Design of waste stabilization pond for sewage treatment at nigeriandefence academy staff quarters permanent sitemandokaduna” International journal of engineering and Applied sciences (IJEAS). Vol 01, Issue 02, Nov 2014.Issn :2393-3661.P9-15
(10)A Saminu1 IAbubakar 2 ,H Sani3 U Tsoho4 I Suleman 5(2014) “ Optimal Design Of Existing Water Distribution Network Using Genetics Algorithms”. American Journal ofEngineering Research (AJER) Issue-03 Volume-01, June 2014.Pp-163-173.
(11) A Saminu1, R L Batagarawa2,I Abubakar3U Tsoho4, H Sani5(2014) “Stochastic Analysis of Benue River Flow Using Moving Average (Ma) Model”.”.American Journal ofEngineering Research (AJER)Volume-03, Issue-03, March 2014.Pp-274-279.
(12) A Saminu*1 , IAbubakar2, , L Rabia3, U Tsoho3, G Haruna 5. (2013) “Modifications of Optinet work Software for the Implementation of Advance Genetic Algorithm on Existing Water Distribution Network”. International journal of engineering sciences &research technology, vol.2, issue 12, Dec 2013.issn: 2277- 9655.P 3599-3606.
(13) A Saminu*1, I Abdullahi2, U Tsoho3, I Nasiru4, A I Ayinla .(2013) “Investigating the hydrological characteristics of kaduna river basin”. International journal of engineering sciences &research technology, vol.2, issue 9, Sept 2013issn: 2277- 9655.P2420-2423.
(14) H.Garba, A.Ismail, A. Saminu, I Abdullahi and B. Faustinus .(2013) “Hydrological modeling of the impact of climate change on a tropical perennial river Flooding”. International journal of engineering and science, vol 3, issue 6, August, pp 30- 35,issn:2278-972.
(15)A Saminu*1, IAbubakar2, L Rabia3, I Abdullahi4 (2013).“Analysis of existing water distribution network, to investigate its adequacy in performances of its function.A case study of Badarawa/malali distribution network”. International journal of engineering sciences &research technology, vol.2, issue 7, July 2013, issn: 2277- 9655.p1713-1728.
(16)H.Garba,A.Ismail, L.Rabia A. Saminu, I Abdullahi and B. Faustinus(2013)“Climate change impact on sub-surface hydrology of kaduna river Catchment”. Open journal of Modern hydrology, vol 3,Jul 2013.pp 115-121.
(17)I. Abdullah*1,U Tsoho2, A Saminu3. (2013)“Vehicular trip by traffic assignment in Maiduguri metropolis”. International journal of engineering sciences &research technology vol.2 issue, 7 july 2013, issn: 2277-9655.P 1749-1760.
(18)A Saminu1I Abubakar2, I Nasiru3 and, L Sagir4.(2013) . “Design of Nda water distribution network using Epanet”. International journal of emerging science and engineering ijesevol 1 issue 9,July 2013, issn:2319-6378. P5-9.
(19) I Abdullah,1U Tsoho2, A. Saminu3, H Garba4. (2013) “Vehicular trip generation modeling in Maiduguri metropolis”. International journal of Engineering sciences & research technology, vol.2 issue 6,june 2013, issn: 2277-9655.p1515-1523.
(20) A Saminu1, I. Abdullahi2. And F.O.P. Oriola3.(2013).“Time series model of stream flow of Kaduna River using Ma, Ar and Arima model”. International journal of engineering sciences & research technology, vol.02, Issue 02, June 2013.issn: 2277.9698.P1-5.
(21)ASaminu*1,IAbubakar2,UTsoho3,IAbdullahi4(2013).“Optimization of Badarawa/MalaliWater Distribution Network Using Genetics Algorithm”International journal of Engineering sciences &research technology, vol.2, issue 03, March 2013.issn: 2277- 9655 P393-
(22) A Saminu 1U Tsoho2 G Haruna and3 L Sagir4 (2013) “Design and construction of a model sedimentation tank using existing slow sand filter for Nda treatment plant”. International journal of engineering sciences & research technology vol.2, issue2, Feb 2013issn: 2277-9655.P178-182.
(23) Moses, G. Saminu A. and Oriola, F.O.P. (2012). Influence of Compactive Efforts on Compacted Foundry SandTreatedWith Cement Kiln Dust.Journal of Civil and Environmental ResearchNew York, Vol2, Issue5.P11-24
(24) G. K. Moses and A. Saminu (2012). “Cement Kiln Dust Stabilization of CompactedBlack Cotton Soil”. Electronic Journal of Geotechnical Engineering V0l 17:p865-878, Bund F, U.SA.
(25)Oriola, F.O.P.and A. Saminu (2012). “Influence of textile effluent waste water on compacted lateritic soil”. The electronicjournal of geotechnical engineering.ejge.vol 17 bundleB
(26) O.B.E Salau and A .Saminu (2007). “Stochastic modeling of stream flows of river kaduna using Arma and Arimamodels”.Nigerian journal of industrial and systems studiesnjiss vol.6 no.3 2007
- Prof. A. Ismail
Department of Water/Environmental Engineering
A.B.U, Zaria, Kaduna State.
- Dr. AshiruDaura .
Federal Ministry of science and Technology Abuja.
Department of Civil Engineering
Chronicle of Civil Engineering Head of Department
|1||ENGR||USMAN TSHOHO, BEng, MSc, MNSE||OCT 98||OCT 02|
|2||DR||FOP ORIOLA, BSc, MSc/DIC, PhD, MNSE||OCT 02||OCT 04|
|3||ENGR||USMAN TSHOHO, BEng, MSc, MNSE||OCT 04||OCT 06|
|4||ENGR||JB FAGBOYINBO BSc, MEng, FNSE, FICEM||OCT 06||OCT 08|
|5||ENGR||USMAN TSHOHO, BEng, MSc, MNSE||OCT 08||OCT 13|
|6||COL ENG||IA CHUKWUJAMA (RTD) B.Eng, M.Eng, MNSE||OCT 13||NOV 17|
|7||DR||SAMINU AHMED B.Eng, M.Eng, PhD, COREN||NOV 17||DATE|