CAROLINE OBIAGELI EMEKA-OGBONNA
PhD, MSc, MA, CPD, BA.
Telephone: +234 (0)9094261437
- Name in Full: Caroline Obiageli Emeka-Ogbonna
- Department: Department of Languages
- Date and Place of Birth: 24th October, 1970, Nsukka, Enugu State
- State of Origin: Enugu State L.G.A: Udenu
- Nationality: Nigerian
- Marital status: Married
- Gender: Female
- Contact Address: Department of Languages, NDA Kaduna
- Date of First Appointment: 23rd March 1998
- Present Rank: Senior Lecturer
- PhD in Critical and Entertainment Education, University of Exeter UK 2014
- MSc Educational Research, University of Exeter UK 2010
- CPD English Language Teachers, British Council Nigeria 2008
- MA English Literature, Ahmadu Bello University, Zaria 2003
- BA Dramatic Arts, University of Nigeria, Nsukka 1996 Teacher Grade II Certificate, Loudes Training College, Iwollo 1990
- Obiageli, C. (2020) Emancipatory Approach in Entertainment Education for Sustainable Social Change. University of Jos Press, Jos, Nigeria.
- Obiageli, C. and Idowu, K. (2021). Critical Educative Entertainment for Effective Leadership Development of African Youths. The Griot –International Journal of the West African Association for Commonwealth Literature and Language Studies. Vol. 4, No. 1.
- Idowu, K. O., Obiageli, C. and Tanitolorun, E (2019) African Music Composition and Instruments: The Afro-Scientific Approach for Humanistic Motivation. Ðamá Nɩ́naʋ Lettres, Arts et Sciences Humaines Revue Interdisciplinaire (Interdisciplinary Journal of Letters, Arts and Humanities) University of Togo, Lomé. Special issue: Volume. 2.
- Obiageli, C (2016) Democratic Principles for a Model of Emancipatory Education of Minds for the Future. The International Journal of Humanities Education. Vol. 14 Issue 3. pp 1 – 10 – A Journal of the New Directions in the Humanities Knowledge Community Published by Common Ground Publishing, University of Illinois Research Park. URI: http://ijhe.cgpublisher.com/product/pub.245/prod.96
- Obiageli, C, (2015) A Transcendent View of Audience Participation in Theatre for Change. The International Journal of Civic, Political, and Community Studies, Volume 13, Issue. pp 29 – 39, A Journal of The New Directions in the Humanities Knowledge Community Published by Common Ground Publishing. URI: http://ijhcpc.cgpublisher.com/product/pub.249/prod.96.
- Emeka-Ogbonna, C.O. (2013). Engaging with Critical Health Performative Pedagogy in Nigerian Rural Communities. The Intuition. Vol. 5, No 1. pp. 134 – 149 Published by Global Academy Group. URI: http://globalacademicgroup.com/node/279
- Obiageli, C and Osberg, D. (2020). Power, Persuasion and Democracy in Educative Entertainment: Interrogating Some Pedagogic Assumptions. Imo State University Theater Arts Journal Vol. 5, No.1. Pg 74 – 92
- Obiageli, C. (2020) Critical Perspectives in Poverty Reduction Policies for Gender Equality and National Security. Journal of Defence Studies, Nigerian Defence Academy, Volume 20.
- Idowu, K O and Obiageli, C, (2019) Terrorism and The Nigerian Mass Media: The Use Of Creative Entertainment Education For Counter Discourse. OJA journal of Arts and Culture Vol. 4. No. 2. Institute of Arts and Culture, University of Portharcourt, Nigeria.
- Obiageli, C. (2015). Socio-Linguistic Manifestations of Civil-Military Interaction in Kaduna Metropolis. Arts and Social Science Research, Journal of Faculty of Arts and Social Sciences, Nigerian Defence Academy, Volume 7
SELECTED CONFERENCES/ WORKSHOPS ATTENDED
- 18th Annual Faculty Colloquium on Critical Thinking: It’s Good for You. It’s Good for Me. At Cuyahoga Community College (Tri-C), Cleveland, Ohio, USA on Tuesday, Jan. 11, 2022
- 46th Annual Professional and Organisational Development Network’s Conference on Evolving Beyond Crisis–Connecting to the Future by Professional and Organisational Development Network in Higher Education, USA in October – November 2021
- 41st Annual International Conference on Critical Thinking by Foundation for Critical Thinking, Carlifonia USA held on July 25th – 30th 2021
- 4th International Conference of West African Association of Commonwealth Literature and Language Studies on Leadership and Development within Commonwealth Africa: Exploring New Frontiers held at Edo University Iyanmo on 23rd – 27th March 2021
- Bootcamp on Effective Grant Application Writing for Researchers by Centre for Research in Science and Technology (CRISAT), Nigerian Defence Academy Kaduna held on 23 – 24 July 2020.
- The International Conference on State and Security by The Centre for Critical Thinking Teaching and Learning (CCTTL), Nigerian Defence Academy Kaduna held on 24th to 26th February 2020.
- Lome International Symposium on “Figures of the Stranger in Literature, Arts, and Humanities” at the University of Lome, Togo by the Federation of African Academics (FUA) held at Confucius Institute of the University of Lomé on 10th – 12th April 2019.
- Critical Thinking Seminar for Military and Intelligence Trainers and Instructors organised by The Foundation for Critical Thinking, California, USA held at Compton Gardens in Bentonville, Arkansas USA on the 27th to 29th March 2019 and was followed up with 2 sessions of Webinars respectively held on the 23rd April and 2nd May 2019.
- National Workshop on Rethinking Education in a Security Challenged Environment and in a Recovering Economy, organised by First Choice Education Resources and Research Centre in Collaboration with Center for the Study of Ledership and Complex Military Operation in JN Garba Hall, Ribadu Campus NDA Kaduna October 8th to 12th 2018.
- The 6th International Conference of The Institute of Women, Gender and Development Studies, Federal University of Technology Owerri (FUTO) May 2017.
- The International Conference on Defence, Security, Economy and Development in Nigeria at NDA, Kaduna February 26 – March 1, 2017.
- International Conference on Critical Pedagogies and Philosophy of Education, Liverpool Hope University, UK, June 2016.
- International Conference on Critical Pedagogies and Philosophy of Education, Liverpool Hope University, UK, June 2014.
- Researching Work and Learning International Conference, University of Stirling, UK, June 2013.
- Poetry Matters National Seminar Series (2), University of Exeter, UK, January 2011.