|1.||M.Sc International Addiction Studies, (King’s College, London -2012)
|2.||Primary Medical (MBBS- Ahmadu Bello University – 1979)
|3.||Diploma in Psychiatry (London – 1986)|
|4.||Board Certification in Psychiatry (England – 1990)|
|5.||Diploma in Psychological Medicine (Royal College of Physicians, Republic of Ireland- 1987)
|6.||Diploma in Clinical Neurology (London- 1987)
|7.||Certificate in Aviation Medicine, (Royal College of Physicians, England -1986)
|8.||Nigerian Postgraduate Medical College (Fellowship in Psychiatry- 1996)
|9.|| Clinical Neurologist, Neuro-Psychiatrist, Aviation Medicine
|10.||Mental Health Services, Drug Rehabilitation, Military Medicine and Disaster Management, Application in the Rehabilitation of Mentally Handicapped and Severely Disabled Children, Management of Stress, Substance Abuse and Retirement Problems.
Air Commodore (Dr) Bashir Adam Yakasai (Rtd) was born and bred up in Kano, Kano State. His Local Government is Fika in Yobe State. He attended Government College Keffi 1968 – 1972, School of Basic Studies, Zaria, 1973 -1974 and Ahmadu Bello University 1974/75 – June 79. He later proceeded to England, Institute of psychiatry and Institute of Neurology both in London between October 1982 and September 1986. He then proceeded to Institute of Aviation Medicine, Farnborough from October – December 1986. On return to Nigeria, he was earmarked to attend senior course in Jaji 1991 – 92, and in year 2000, he was later sent to India, Institute of Aerospace medicine for the primary flight surgeon’s course. Air Commodore Yakasai is a certified psychotherapist, a clinical neurologist and a chief consultant neuro-psychiatrist. He has the following qualification; MBBS, Diploma in Clinical neurology (DCNeural), Diploma in Psychological Medicine (DPM), Board Certification in Psychiatry, Fellowship in Psychiatry (FMCPsych), psc, Certificate in Aviation Medicine (Cert. Av. Med). Yakasai held various appointments both military and civilian. He was CO Med Cen, NAF GTG, Kaduna October 81 – July 82, CO Neuropsychiatry 1988 – 1995, Chairman Psychological Screening at NDA selection Board, 1993 – 1998, Deputy Director Medical Services NAF, December 2000 – September 2004, Chairman NAF Task Force on Aeromedical Centre, January 2001 – May 2001, Commander, NAF Hospital, Abuja Jan 2007 – Date. Among the Civilian appointment, include Medical Director and Chief executive, Federal Neuropsychiatric Hospital, Sokoto, July 1996 – April 2002., Member of Organising Committee, National Workshop on Crime prevention and Control in Nigeria, 1995, Member National Committee on Review of Mental Health Legislation in Nigeria, 22 -24 April, 1998, Member National Committee on HIV/AIDS Control Programme, 1999 – 2000., Chairman, Ministerial Committee on Planning Mental Health Services for the Federal Capital Territory, Abuja November – December 2005. Chairman, Committee on Drug Rehabilitation in Kano State, March 2005 – Date. A member of the Board of Examiners in Psychiatry, National Postgraduate Medical College in Nigeria January 2008 – Date. He has the following decorations, Forces Services Star (FSS), Meritorious Services Star (MSS), and Defence Services Star (DSS). His hobbies include reading and writing, watching TV and travelling. He is a traditional tittles holder of Galadiman Gudi, Yobe State and Shettiman Kware in Sokoto State. He is married with children and grandchildren. He is currently an Associate Professor of Neuropsychiatry at Kaduna State University, and an Honorary Consultant Neuropsychiatry as well as Clinical Neurologist, at Barau Dikko Teaching Hospital, Kaduna, Nigeria. He is also a visiting Associated Professor, department of Psychology, Nigerian Defence Academy (NDA) University, Kaduna, Nigeria.
MEMBERSHIP OF PROFESSIONAL ASSOCIATION
- Nigerian Medical Council ( NMC ) AQ 4276.
- General Medical Council ( GMC ) U.K. 3373671.
- Member of Nigerian Institute of Management (MNIM)
- Member of American Academy of Sciences (MAA)
SELECTED LATEST PUBLICATIONS
- Yakasai BA*, Abubakar A, Ezekiel M, Sani H and Habibu Y. (2018): A Case Report on Ischaemic Stroke Due to Hyperthyroidism. Medical Research and Clinical Case Reports 1.3104-106.
- Yakasai BA, Sani H, and Yakasai HB (2020). The Prevalence of Psychiatric disorders in patients attending a dermatology outpatient clinic at BarauDikko Teaching Hospital, Kaduna State University, Kaduna State-Nigeria. Science World Journal Vol, 15 (No 4). ISSN 1597 – 6343 (Online).
- Ongoing research- NDA Department of Psychology Cluster Research on Mental Health and Well-being for Military-Connected Children and Families (June –August 2018). Team Members: Dr.BA Yakasai; Mr. Ugese; Mr. Shekwolo; Dr. Grace Ukasoanya. Victor ObiajuluOlisah, TajudeenAbiola, Christopher Okpataku, Reginald O. Obiako, Ishaq A. Audu,
- Bashir A. Yakasai(2019). Psychometric validity of the distress thermometer and problem checklist in ART-naïve HIV infected patients in Northern Nigeria. Afri Health Sc. 19 (4): 3172-3180.
- Adepoju OA, Yakasai BA, Abiola T, Raji A ,Udofia A (2020). The impact of Sprituality and Resilience on Mental Distress Among Inmates in a Northern State, Nigeria. Science World Journal Vol. 15 (4) ISSN 1598 – 6343 (Online).
- Yakasai BA, Shekwolo DM, Amadi EC (2020). Assessing Work Schedule and Occupational Stress on Job Satisfaction of Hospital Workers in the Nigerian Defence Academy, Kaduna. Journal of Defence Studies, Vol. 20. ISSN: 1117 – 8795.
- Adeyemi SO,Yakasai BA, Solomon JK, Abiola T (2021). Stigma from Psychoactive Substance Use: Sociodemographic Correlation of the Perceiver. Science World Journal Vol. 16 (No. 1). ISSN: 1597 – 6343 (Online).
- Yakasai BA (2018). Epilepsy Psychosis. Nigerian Epilepsy Guideline. Published by Nigerian Society of Neurological Sciences. Sponsord by GLASXOSMITHKLINE (GSK) Nigeria.