A graduate engineer with zeal for success, having experience in construction, design and analysis of structures. Proven leadership skills, team work and capable of working under pressure with minimum supervision. A lover of research environment that enables solution to modern day challenges.
Nigerian Defence Academy (NDA, Kaduna) 2017
Civil Engineering Department; Lecturer II
- Structural Analysis I
- Soil Mechanics I
- Earth Pressure On Retaining Structure (Published with IJSER,2017)
Federal Ministry Of Works 2014
NYSC; Youth Corper
- Vetting of Bridge Documents
- Member of In-House-Design of Bridges
- AutoCAD drawing of Structural Elements of Bridges
- Generation of Progress Reports of ongoing
Nigerian Defence Academy (NDA) 2012
- Physical Planning Department, NDA
- Site supervision of on-going constructions
- Nigerian Defence Academy Auditorium (3000 sitting Capacity)
- Nigerian Defence Academy Medical Centre
Kaduna Refining and Petrochemical Company (a subsidiary of NNPC). 2012
- Maintenance of plants
- Site visits & Supervision
- Interpretation of structural details
- AutoCAD drafting
Student Work Experience Program (Covenant University) 2010
- On –going Construction sites including the
Covenant University Secondary School and Covenant University Lecture Theatre
- Developed team work and interpersonal
Trinity College Dublin, Ireland 2016
M.Sc. Structural and Geotechnical Engineering
Advance Theory of Structure, Advanced Computations for Structure, Geotechnical Engineering, Soil-Structure Interaction, Façade Engineering, Civil Engineering Management, Bridge Engineering, Spatial Analysis Using GIS, Renewable Energy
Earth Pressure On Retaining Structure.
Covenant University, Ogun State, Nigeria 2013
B.Eng. Civil Engineering (First Class) Final year Courses:
Water Resource Engineering, Structural Engineering, Civil Engineering Seminar, Transportation and Highway Systems, Laboratory Practical and Design Studio, Engineering Systems and Design, Geotechnical Engineering, Advance Structural Engineering (I & II), Entrepreneurial Development Studies, Environmental Engineering, Traffic Engineering, Building Technology, Design of Structures III, Engineering Management/ Law, Student Project (I & II), Total Man Concept.
Development of Software for the Analysis and Design of Reinforced Concrete Beams.
President, Association of Civil Engineering Students, CU Chapter 2010-2012
Floor and Wing Chaplain 2009, 2010
SKILLS & INTERESTS
Computer: AutoCAD, ArcGIS, Ansys, Microsoft Office Suites, Google Sketch-up, Staadpro, Photoshop, Microsoft Project.
Interests: Researching, Reading, Driving, Creativity and Games
Languages: English, Yoruba, Hausa
PROFESSIONAL SERVICES/HONOUR SOCIETIES:
(1) Registered Engineer COREN (R.25, 804)
LIST OF PUBLICATIONS
(1) Rabia L. Batagarawa*, Saminu Ahmed, John E. Sani, Idowu E. Abiodun (2019).
|Assessing Rainwater Harvesting Potential in Nigerian Secondary Schools– A Case Study of Government Girls Secondary School, Dutse, Abuja Journal of Scientific and Engineering Research, 2019, 6(7):1-10|
(2)A Dadangarba, A Saminu ‘’Domestic rain water harvesting as an alternative source of water supply Ribadu cantonment NDA Kaduna’’Saudi Journal of Engineering Vol 2, issue 3 Pages 159-164
(3) A. Saminu, RL. Batagarawa, IA. Chukwujama., A. Dadan Garba ; “Analysis of Ground
Water Quality for Wudil Town Kano State, Nigeria” . The Asian Institute of Research Engineering
and Technology Quarterly Reviews Vol.1, No.1 pages 6-13, 2018
(4) H.Garba, LG Tilli, S Ahmed, I Abdullahi ; “ Rainfall Interpolation Analysis on River Kaduna catcment for climate change assessment ’’ Nigerian journal of Technology (NIJOTECH) Vol. 37 No,3, pages 806-812, 2018.
(5) A Saminu , IA Chukwujama, A Dadan Garba, MM Namadi. “Performance Ealuation of Wupa Waste Water treatment plant Abuja, FCT, Nigeria. ”. American Journ Engineering Research (AJER) Issue-11 Volume-06, pages 85-90, 2017.
(6) A Saminu, A Ismail,IA Chukwujama, OBE Salau; “ Effect of landfill leachate on ground water quality of unguwan Dosa, Kaduna’’. Academy journal of science and engineering (AJSE) issue 1volume 10 pages 63-70, 2016
(7) A Saminu*1 ,L Rabia2, A I Ayinla3(2015) “ Sensitivity Analysis of Optinetwork Software for Water Distribution Networks. Global Journal of Advanced Engineering Technologies and Sciences (Gjaets) Vol 04, Issue 02, April 2015.
(8) A Saminu*1 ,L Rabia2, U Tsoho3, G Haruna4. B. Faustinus5(2015) “The Least Cost Design of Existing Water Distribution Network for NDA using Genetics Algorithm. Global Journal of Advanced Engineering Technologies and Sciences (Gjaets) Vol 02, Issue 02, Feb 2015.p28-35.
(9)I Abdullahi1 Nasiru,2 A Saminu3,L Sagir4 , E Charity 5.(2014) “Design of waste stabilization pond for sewage treatment at nigeriandefence academy staff quarters permanent sitemandokaduna” International journal of engineering and Applied sciences (IJEAS). Vol 01, Issue 02, Nov 2014.Issn :2393-3661.P9-15
(10)A Saminu1 IAbubakar 2 ,H Sani3 U Tsoho4 I Suleman 5(2014) “ Optimal Design Of Existing Water Distribution Network Using Genetics Algorithms”. American Journal ofEngineering Research (AJER) Issue-03 Volume-01, June 2014.Pp-163-173.
(11) A Saminu1, R L Batagarawa2,I Abubakar3U Tsoho4, H Sani5(2014) “Stochastic Analysis of Benue River Flow Using Moving Average (Ma) Model”.”.American Journal ofEngineering Research (AJER)Volume-03, Issue-03, March 2014.Pp-274-279.
(12) A Saminu*1 , IAbubakar2, , L Rabia3, U Tsoho3, G Haruna 5. (2013) “Modifications of Optinet work Software for the Implementation of Advance Genetic Algorithm on Existing Water Distribution Network”. International journal of engineering sciences &research technology, vol.2, issue 12, Dec 2013.issn: 2277- 9655.P 3599-3606.
(13) A Saminu*1, I Abdullahi2, U Tsoho3, I Nasiru4, A I Ayinla .(2013) “Investigating the hydrological characteristics of kaduna river basin”. International journal of engineering sciences &research technology, vol.2, issue 9, Sept 2013issn: 2277- 9655.P2420-2423.
(14) H.Garba, A.Ismail, A. Saminu, I Abdullahi and B. Faustinus .(2013) “Hydrological modeling of the impact of climate change on a tropical perennial river Flooding”. International journal of engineering and science, vol 3, issue 6, August, pp 30- 35,issn:2278-972.
(15)A Saminu*1, IAbubakar2, L Rabia3, I Abdullahi4 (2013).“Analysis of existing water distribution network, to investigate its adequacy in performances of its function.A case study of Badarawa/malali distribution network”. International journal of engineering sciences &research technology, vol.2, issue 7, July 2013, issn: 2277- 9655.p1713-1728.
(16)H.Garba,A.Ismail, L.Rabia A. Saminu, I Abdullahi and B. Faustinus(2013)“Climate change impact on sub-surface hydrology of kaduna river Catchment”. Open journal of Modern hydrology, vol 3,Jul 2013.pp 115-121.
(17)I. Abdullah*1,U Tsoho2, A Saminu3. (2013)“Vehicular trip by traffic assignment in Maiduguri metropolis”. International journal of engineering sciences &research technology vol.2 issue, 7 july 2013, issn: 2277-9655.P 1749-1760.
(18)A Saminu1I Abubakar2, I Nasiru3 and, L Sagir4.(2013) . “Design of Nda water distribution network using Epanet”. International journal of emerging science and engineering ijesevol 1 issue 9,July 2013, issn:2319-6378. P5-9.
(19) I Abdullah,1U Tsoho2, A. Saminu3, H Garba4. (2013) “Vehicular trip generation modeling in Maiduguri metropolis”. International journal of Engineering sciences & research technology, vol.2 issue 6,june 2013, issn: 2277-9655.p1515-1523.
(20) A Saminu1, I. Abdullahi2. And F.O.P. Oriola3.(2013).“Time series model of stream flow of Kaduna River using Ma, Ar and Arima model”. International journal of engineering sciences & research technology, vol.02, Issue 02, June 2013.issn: 2277.9698.P1-5.
(21)ASaminu*1,IAbubakar2,UTsoho3,IAbdullahi4(2013).“Optimization of Badarawa/MalaliWater Distribution Network Using Genetics Algorithm”International journal of Engineering sciences &research technology, vol.2, issue 03, March 2013.issn: 2277- 9655 P393-
(22) A Saminu 1U Tsoho2 G Haruna and3 L Sagir4 (2013) “Design and construction of a model sedimentation tank using existing slow sand filter for Nda treatment plant”. International journal of engineering sciences & research technology vol.2, issue2, Feb 2013issn: 2277-9655.P178-182.
(23) Moses, G. Saminu A. and Oriola, F.O.P. (2012). Influence of Compactive Efforts on Compacted Foundry SandTreatedWith Cement Kiln Dust.Journal of Civil and Environmental ResearchNew York, Vol2, Issue5.P11-24
(24) G. K. Moses and A. Saminu (2012). “Cement Kiln Dust Stabilization of CompactedBlack Cotton Soil”. Electronic Journal of Geotechnical Engineering V0l 17:p865-878, Bund F, U.SA.
(25)Oriola, F.O.P.and A. Saminu (2012). “Influence of textile effluent waste water on compacted lateritic soil”. The electronicjournal of geotechnical engineering.ejge.vol 17 bundleB
(26) O.B.E Salau and A .Saminu (2007). “Stochastic modeling of stream flows of river kaduna using Arma and Arimamodels”.Nigerian journal of industrial and systems studiesnjiss vol.6 no.3 2007
- Prof. A. Ismail
Department of Water/Environmental Engineering
A.B.U, Zaria, Kaduna State.
- Dr. AshiruDaura .
Federal Ministry of science and Technology Abuja.
Department of Civil Engineering
Chronicle of Civil Engineering Head of Department
|1||ENGR||USMAN TSHOHO, BEng, MSc, MNSE||OCT 98||OCT 02|
|2||DR||FOP ORIOLA, BSc, MSc/DIC, PhD, MNSE||OCT 02||OCT 04|
|3||ENGR||USMAN TSHOHO, BEng, MSc, MNSE||OCT 04||OCT 06|
|4||ENGR||JB FAGBOYINBO BSc, MEng, FNSE, FICEM||OCT 06||OCT 08|
|5||ENGR||USMAN TSHOHO, BEng, MSc, MNSE||OCT 08||OCT 13|
|6||COL ENG||IA CHUKWUJAMA (RTD) B.Eng, M.Eng, MNSE||OCT 13||NOV 17|
|7||DR||SAMINU AHMED B.Eng, M.Eng, PhD, COREN||NOV 17||DATE|