AO Okorie is a lecturer in the Department of Psychology, Nigerian Defence Academy Kaduna. She has her secondary education in Atta Girls High School, Ikeduru, Imo. She holds a Bachelor’s degree in Psychology from the University of Nigeria, Nsukka, M.Sc and Ph.D in Educational Psychology from the Ahmadu Bello University,Zaria. Dr Okorie currently serves as the Faculty of Arts and Social Sciences time table officer and the Departmental Welfare Officer. She is also a member of the Nigerian Psychological Association (NPA) and the Nigerian Society for Educational Psychologists (NSEP).
Okorie’s areas of interest include Psychotherapy, Stress Management, Substance Abuse and related matters, Counselling, Behaviour Modification and Military Psychology.
- Okorie, A. & Garba, J. (2021). Relationship between cognitive style and gender of science and art cadets in Nigerian Defence Academy, Kaduna. Nigerian Online Journal of Educational Sciences and Technology, (NOJEST), 3(2) 86 – 91.
- Shekwolo, D.M., Agnes, O., John, H.D., & David, H.K. (2020). Relationship between substance abuse and suicidal ideation among youths in Kaduna North Kaduna State Nigeria. Kampala International University Journal of Humanities, 5(4),119-127.
- Ruwan, I.I.F., Ishaya, D.S., Okorie, A.O., Garba, M.Y., Jose, C., & Okopide, U.P. (2020).Appraisal of the Role of Religious Institutions in Curbing Deviant Behaviours in Nigeria. International Journal of Management, Social Sciences, Peace and Conflict Studies (IJMSSPCS), Vol.3 No.3, Pp173-184.
- Garba J., Okorie, A., & Hassan A. (2020). Drug dependency among Nigerian youths: Implications for teachers.Sapientia Foundation Journal of Education, Sciences and Gender Studies (SFJESGS) 2(4) 237 – 243.
- Ruwan, F.I.I., Ishaya, D.S., Okorie, A.O., Jose, C., Fadare, G.O. & Garba, M.Y. (2020). Causes of Radicalized and Violent Extremist Behaviour: “A Societal Change Theory.” Sapientia Global Journal of Arts, Humanities and Development Studies (SGOJAHDS), Vol.3 No.3, Pp 105-122.
- Ruwan, F.I.I, Vakpa, I. Okorie.O.A, Wakkias N. Fadare, O.G, Jose. C,(2020). Personality Differences to Military and Academic Training among Cadets of the Nigerian Defence Academy Kaduna. African Journal of Social and Behavioural Sciences, volume 10, No 2. (2020) https://journals.aphriapub.com/index.php/AJSBS/issues/view/119