Mr ADEBAYO KABIRU
Assistant Lecturer, Department of Civil Engineering
I am young proactive graduate of Civil Engineering, a critical thinker with rich background knowledge on analysis,
design and detailing of Civil Engineering structures, material testing, construction management, market survey
and rate analysis, planning and scheduling of project activities. I am passionate about increasing my capabilities,
enhancing my knowledge and skills by working in a dynamic organization that prides itself in giving substantial
responsibilities and reward to young talent. I am flexible, a good listener with receptivity to new ideas, a team
player and fluent in English, Yoruba and Hausa languages.
Date of Birth: 16th Jan, 1991
State of Origin: Osun
Marital Status: Single
Local Gov’t: Boripe
ACADEMIC QUALIFICATIONS WITH DATES:
FEDERAL UNIVERSITY OF TECHNOLOGY, MINNA (FUT-MINNA)
Bachelor of Engineering (B.Eng) in Civil
Engineering (First Class Honours)
2012 – 2017
BRAINSTRUST COLLEGE, KADUNA
Senior Secondary School Certificate
2005 – 2008
NIGERIAN DEFENCE ACADEMY (N.D.A) STAFF
First School Leaving certificate 1996 – 2002
Job title: Assistant Lecturer
Duration: November 2019 – Date
Organization: Nigerian Defence Academy (NDA), Kaduna
Responsibilities: Assist Senior lecturers in teaching and other activities in the department
Teach Soil Mechanics Courses to second termer cadets
Guide cadets on researching and project works
Job title: Site Engineer (Casual)
Duration: July 2019 – November 2019
Organization: Nigerian Air force (NAF) Base, Kaduna
Responsibilities: Modified Existing block of offices to a multipurpose hall at the College of Nursing
at NAF Base, Kaduna
Modified Existing computer laboratory at the College of Nursing at NAF Base,
Constructed a kitchen at the College of Nursing at NAF Base, Kaduna
Achievements: Good Engineering judgements in the placement of columns at the proposed hall
which helped in maximizing the usable space in the hall
Good communication link on site issues with the project manager which resulted
in timely completion of activities on site
Job title: Site Engineer (Resident)
Duration: April 2018 – April 2019 (National Youth Service Corp)
Organization: Federal Roads Maintenance Agency (FERMA), Ibadan
Responsibilities: Conditional survey of Federal roads in Oyo state
Prepared proposals, rate analysis and bills for construction of virgin roads,
maintenance or repair/reconstruction of failed existing roads
Supervised repair/maintenance of failed asphaltic road structures, designed and
constructed drainage structures for roads
Prepared program of work and progress reports for ongoing/completed road
Achievements: Applied Micro soft project to program of work scheduling
Accurate and precise analysis of rate of items in proposal and bills which resulted
in over 7.5% savings in material and labour costs
Job title: Site Engineer
Duration: September 2018 – March 2019
Organization: Heriprom Engineering Limited
Responsibilities: Constructed 8km Earth road with Earth drains at DAABONGBO – BOLOGUN –
FOWO SERE (AGO OWU FARM SETTLEMENT ROAD) in Osun State
Reconstructed 6.4km failed existing asphaltic concrete road with Earth drains at
ORILE OWU – WOMONLE – OYERE in Osun State
Prepared bar bending schedules, bending and cutting lists for culverts and
retaining walls and prepared rate analysis for bill items
Constructed reinforced concrete cross culverts and retaining walls
Channelized rivers, desilted blocked drains and culverts
Achievements: Good relationship with unskilled labour resulted in timely completion of works
Good site layout resulted in less construction hazards and injuries
Job title: Site Supervisor (Students Industrial Work Experience Scheme)
Duration: May 2016 – October 2016
Organization: Efab Properties limited, Abuja
Responsibilities: Supervised concrete mix ratios used in building construction works and lateritic
Supervised scaffolding, formwork and reinforcement works in building
Assisted in setting out of buildings
Accurately selected good filling materials for use in different situations
Accurately estimated the quantity of component materials required for concrete
production resulting in substantial savings in overall cost of work
Title: Diploma in Computer Studies
Period: September 2010 – February 2011
Provider: Safetyline Computer Training Institute Kaduna
CSC Orion 18
Microsoft Office Suite 2016 (e.g. Excel, Project)
Google Earth and BaseCamp GPx
Graduate member, Nigerian Society of Engineers (GMNSE, 2018)
AWARDS AND SCHOLARSHIPS:
Best graduating Civil Engineering student, FUT-MINNA 2016/2017 session with Final CGPA of 4.79
Education Opportunity for Nigeria Inc. (EON) Scholar (2017)
Abdulkabir Aliu Foundation Scholarship (AAF) Scholar (2017)
Merit awards from NICESA FUTMINNA (2016 and 2017)
President; Nigerian Institution of Civil Engineers, Students’ Affiliate (NICESA) FUTMINNA chapter,
PUBLICATION AND PRESENTATION:
Kabiru Adebayo and Samuel M. Auta. Effect of Locust Bean Pod Epicarp Ash (LBPEA) on the
Compressive Strength of Revibrated Concrete. Proceedings of the 1st International Civil Engineering
Conference (ICEC), FUT-MINNA, Nigeria, 7th-9th November, 2018, pp. 177-183
ICEC 2018: oral presentation on the research work titled: “Effect of Locust Bean Pod Epicarp Ash
(LBPEA) on the Compressive Strength of Revibrated Concrete” (7TH November, 2018)
Play football Solve mathematical/analytical problems
Motivate people Research on new Engineering ideas
Cooking Read Engineering Books
Name: Engr. Dr. J. E Sani
Occupation: Lecturer 1
Address: Department of Civil Engineering,
Faculty of Engineering,
Nigerian Defence Academy, kaduna
Engr. Dr. S. M Auta
Occupation: Associate Professor
Address: Department of Civil Engineering,
School of Infrastructures, Process
and Engineering Technology,
Federal University of Technology,
Minna. Niger State.
5 ACADEMIC DEGREE PROGRAMMES
- B Eng Civil Engineering
- PGD (Civil) Programme
- PGD in Integrated Water Resources Management
- M.Eng. (Civil) Programme (Geotechnics, Structures, Water Resources and Environmental Engineering )
- Professional Masters in Integrated Water Resources Management
- Ph.D. (Civil) Programme (Geotechnics, Structures, Water Resources and Environmental Engineering)
6 ADMISSION REQUIREMENTS
- Eng (Civil)
Admission into the Nigerian Defence Academy (NDA) is highly competitive considering the Military training and the academic demands. The basic requirements are:
- Student must be a Nigerian citizen, though foreign students base on bilateral agreement(s) are also admitted.
- Age must fall within 16 – 19 years.
- Student must be physically, mentally and medically fit.
- Student must possess (five) 5 credits pass in appropriate subjects in not more than two sittings in WASCE/NECO including English language and Mathematics/Geography/Technical Drawing.
- Student must pass the minimum point for JAMB examination
Having above requirements, applicants must processed NDA entrance application form, sit and pass entrance examination after which successful candidates are short listed for the Armed Forces Selection Board (AFSB) interview on quota basis. At the selection process, candidates are made to undergo the following:
- Medical Examination
- Physical Training
- Written Aptitude Test
- Planning Exercise
- Oral Interview
- PGD (Civil) Programme
- The admission requirements are in accordance with the NUC and COREN minimum standards and are as follows:
- Higher National Diploma (HND) in Civil Engineering, with at least Lower Credit grade.
- Sc, B.Eng or B.Tech degree in Civil Engineering with at least Third class (Hons) or Pass (minimum) degree
- Higher National Diploma (HND) in Water Resources Engineering with at least a Lower Credit grade
- Sc or B.Eng in Water Resources Engineering with at least a Third Class (Hons) degree
- Eng. (Civil) Programme
- MSc (Civil) programme was drawn up to meet the minimum NUC standard. Two (2) semesters would be devoted for course work while the second year would be devoted for Research and Thesis. To be eligible for admission into MSc Geotechnical programme a candidate must possess:
- A Second Class Honours degree in Civil Engineering from a recognized university or equivalent institution.
- Any other qualification which together with relevant experience is deemed to be equivalent to (a) above by the department.
- To successfully complete the programme leading to the award of MSc Structures, Geotechnics or Water Resources and Environmental options, a registered student must have met all postgraduate school and Departmental requirements. In addition, the student must have:
- Enrolled for a minimum of two (2) years for a full time MSc programme or Three (3) years for a part-time programme.
- D. (Civil) Programme
- PGD (Civil) Programme
To be eligible for admission into Ph.D. Programme a candidate must possess:
- In addition to having obtained a Second Class Honours degree in Civil Engineering, and Master Degree (minimum of 3.5/5 grade) from a reputable higher institutions with good and actualizable research proposals. They must possess the requisite O’levels requirement of five (5) credits in English Language, Chemistry, Mathematics, Physics and any other science subject and /or A ‘level passes in at least two courses (of Chemistry, Mathematics and Physics)
- Any other qualification, which together with relevant experience is deemed to be equivalent to (a) above by the department and approved by the Faculty Board and Senate.
PROFESSIONAL SERVICES/HONOUR SOCIETIES:
(1) Registered Engineer COREN (R.25, 804)
LIST OF PUBLICATIONS
(1) Rabia L. Batagarawa*, Saminu Ahmed, John E. Sani, Idowu E. Abiodun (2019).
|Assessing Rainwater Harvesting Potential in Nigerian Secondary Schools– A Case Study of Government Girls Secondary School, Dutse, Abuja Journal of Scientific and Engineering Research, 2019, 6(7):1-10|
(2)A Dadangarba, A Saminu ‘’Domestic rain water harvesting as an alternative source of water supply Ribadu cantonment NDA Kaduna’’Saudi Journal of Engineering Vol 2, issue 3 Pages 159-164
(3) A. Saminu, RL. Batagarawa, IA. Chukwujama., A. Dadan Garba ; “Analysis of Ground
Water Quality for Wudil Town Kano State, Nigeria” . The Asian Institute of Research Engineering
and Technology Quarterly Reviews Vol.1, No.1 pages 6-13, 2018
(4) H.Garba, LG Tilli, S Ahmed, I Abdullahi ; “ Rainfall Interpolation Analysis on River Kaduna catcment for climate change assessment ’’ Nigerian journal of Technology (NIJOTECH) Vol. 37 No,3, pages 806-812, 2018.
(5) A Saminu , IA Chukwujama, A Dadan Garba, MM Namadi. “Performance Ealuation of Wupa Waste Water treatment plant Abuja, FCT, Nigeria. ”. American Journ Engineering Research (AJER) Issue-11 Volume-06, pages 85-90, 2017.
(6) A Saminu, A Ismail,IA Chukwujama, OBE Salau; “ Effect of landfill leachate on ground water quality of unguwan Dosa, Kaduna’’. Academy journal of science and engineering (AJSE) issue 1volume 10 pages 63-70, 2016
(7) A Saminu*1 ,L Rabia2, A I Ayinla3(2015) “ Sensitivity Analysis of Optinetwork Software for Water Distribution Networks. Global Journal of Advanced Engineering Technologies and Sciences (Gjaets) Vol 04, Issue 02, April 2015.
(8) A Saminu*1 ,L Rabia2, U Tsoho3, G Haruna4. B. Faustinus5(2015) “The Least Cost Design of Existing Water Distribution Network for NDA using Genetics Algorithm. Global Journal of Advanced Engineering Technologies and Sciences (Gjaets) Vol 02, Issue 02, Feb 2015.p28-35.
(9)I Abdullahi1 Nasiru,2 A Saminu3,L Sagir4 , E Charity 5.(2014) “Design of waste stabilization pond for sewage treatment at nigeriandefence academy staff quarters permanent sitemandokaduna” International journal of engineering and Applied sciences (IJEAS). Vol 01, Issue 02, Nov 2014.Issn :2393-3661.P9-15
(10)A Saminu1 IAbubakar 2 ,H Sani3 U Tsoho4 I Suleman 5(2014) “ Optimal Design Of Existing Water Distribution Network Using Genetics Algorithms”. American Journal ofEngineering Research (AJER) Issue-03 Volume-01, June 2014.Pp-163-173.
(11) A Saminu1, R L Batagarawa2,I Abubakar3U Tsoho4, H Sani5(2014) “Stochastic Analysis of Benue River Flow Using Moving Average (Ma) Model”.”.American Journal ofEngineering Research (AJER)Volume-03, Issue-03, March 2014.Pp-274-279.
(12) A Saminu*1 , IAbubakar2, , L Rabia3, U Tsoho3, G Haruna 5. (2013) “Modifications of Optinet work Software for the Implementation of Advance Genetic Algorithm on Existing Water Distribution Network”. International journal of engineering sciences &research technology, vol.2, issue 12, Dec 2013.issn: 2277- 9655.P 3599-3606.
(13) A Saminu*1, I Abdullahi2, U Tsoho3, I Nasiru4, A I Ayinla .(2013) “Investigating the hydrological characteristics of kaduna river basin”. International journal of engineering sciences &research technology, vol.2, issue 9, Sept 2013issn: 2277- 9655.P2420-2423.
(14) H.Garba, A.Ismail, A. Saminu, I Abdullahi and B. Faustinus .(2013) “Hydrological modeling of the impact of climate change on a tropical perennial river Flooding”. International journal of engineering and science, vol 3, issue 6, August, pp 30- 35,issn:2278-972.
(15)A Saminu*1, IAbubakar2, L Rabia3, I Abdullahi4 (2013).“Analysis of existing water distribution network, to investigate its adequacy in performances of its function.A case study of Badarawa/malali distribution network”. International journal of engineering sciences &research technology, vol.2, issue 7, July 2013, issn: 2277- 9655.p1713-1728.
(16)H.Garba,A.Ismail, L.Rabia A. Saminu, I Abdullahi and B. Faustinus(2013)“Climate change impact on sub-surface hydrology of kaduna river Catchment”. Open journal of Modern hydrology, vol 3,Jul 2013.pp 115-121.
(17)I. Abdullah*1,U Tsoho2, A Saminu3. (2013)“Vehicular trip by traffic assignment in Maiduguri metropolis”. International journal of engineering sciences &research technology vol.2 issue, 7 july 2013, issn: 2277-9655.P 1749-1760.
(18)A Saminu1I Abubakar2, I Nasiru3 and, L Sagir4.(2013) . “Design of Nda water distribution network using Epanet”. International journal of emerging science and engineering ijesevol 1 issue 9,July 2013, issn:2319-6378. P5-9.
(19) I Abdullah,1U Tsoho2, A. Saminu3, H Garba4. (2013) “Vehicular trip generation modeling in Maiduguri metropolis”. International journal of Engineering sciences & research technology, vol.2 issue 6,june 2013, issn: 2277-9655.p1515-1523.
(20) A Saminu1, I. Abdullahi2. And F.O.P. Oriola3.(2013).“Time series model of stream flow of Kaduna River using Ma, Ar and Arima model”. International journal of engineering sciences & research technology, vol.02, Issue 02, June 2013.issn: 2277.9698.P1-5.
(21)ASaminu*1,IAbubakar2,UTsoho3,IAbdullahi4(2013).“Optimization of Badarawa/MalaliWater Distribution Network Using Genetics Algorithm”International journal of Engineering sciences &research technology, vol.2, issue 03, March 2013.issn: 2277- 9655 P393-
(22) A Saminu 1U Tsoho2 G Haruna and3 L Sagir4 (2013) “Design and construction of a model sedimentation tank using existing slow sand filter for Nda treatment plant”. International journal of engineering sciences & research technology vol.2, issue2, Feb 2013issn: 2277-9655.P178-182.
(23) Moses, G. Saminu A. and Oriola, F.O.P. (2012). Influence of Compactive Efforts on Compacted Foundry SandTreatedWith Cement Kiln Dust.Journal of Civil and Environmental ResearchNew York, Vol2, Issue5.P11-24
(24) G. K. Moses and A. Saminu (2012). “Cement Kiln Dust Stabilization of CompactedBlack Cotton Soil”. Electronic Journal of Geotechnical Engineering V0l 17:p865-878, Bund F, U.SA.
(25)Oriola, F.O.P.and A. Saminu (2012). “Influence of textile effluent waste water on compacted lateritic soil”. The electronicjournal of geotechnical engineering.ejge.vol 17 bundleB
(26) O.B.E Salau and A .Saminu (2007). “Stochastic modeling of stream flows of river kaduna using Arma and Arimamodels”.Nigerian journal of industrial and systems studiesnjiss vol.6 no.3 2007
- Prof. A. Ismail
Department of Water/Environmental Engineering
A.B.U, Zaria, Kaduna State.
- Dr. AshiruDaura .
Federal Ministry of science and Technology Abuja.
Department of Civil Engineering
Chronicle of Civil Engineering Head of Department
|1||ENGR||USMAN TSHOHO, BEng, MSc, MNSE||OCT 98||OCT 02|
|2||DR||FOP ORIOLA, BSc, MSc/DIC, PhD, MNSE||OCT 02||OCT 04|
|3||ENGR||USMAN TSHOHO, BEng, MSc, MNSE||OCT 04||OCT 06|
|4||ENGR||JB FAGBOYINBO BSc, MEng, FNSE, FICEM||OCT 06||OCT 08|
|5||ENGR||USMAN TSHOHO, BEng, MSc, MNSE||OCT 08||OCT 13|
|6||COL ENG||IA CHUKWUJAMA (RTD) B.Eng, M.Eng, MNSE||OCT 13||NOV 17|
|7||DR||SAMINU AHMED B.Eng, M.Eng, PhD, COREN||NOV 17||DATE|