Mr Abdullahi Sarki Zayyanu
Assistant Lecturer, Department of Civil Engineering. Nigeria Defence Academy
A hard working and eager to learn graduate engineer promising to consume experience to take on the career role of water resources engineering and project management, giving exceptional level of leadership skills, communication skills and problem solving skills.
Highly innovative and competent in technical report writing, able to work with people and certified in Health and Safety training.
Date of birth: 9th march 1996
State of Origin: Kebbi State
Local Government Area: Yauri
Marital Status: Single
Outstanding leadership and communication skills
Efficiency in Microsoft Word, excel, power point and project
Basic water quality analysis of various parameters
Technical report writing
Depth familiarisation on AutoCAD, Staad Pro and Sketch Up.
Proficiency in Hydrologic Engineering Centre’s Hydrologic Modeling System (HECHMS)
Proficiency in delivering lectures and public speaking
Working Experience, Nov. 2019 till date
Nigerian Defence Academy, Kaduna
Lecturing under water resources engineering
Lecturing under water resources engineering
National Youth Service Corps, Oct 2018 to Oct 2019
National Water Resources Institute – Kaduna, Nigeria
Civil Engineer/Assistant Lecturer
Assisting in lecturing HND1 on Computer aided drawing in civil engineering
Lecturing NDII in Elements of structures
Industrial Training Student, March 2017 to September 2017
Kaduna Refining and Petrochemicals Company- Kaduna
Building of dwarf walls in boilers and box-up of boilers
Casting of 10 footings for Radioactive receiver support in 32D1 AND 32D2 ans
installation of the poles
Construction of concrete raft pavements at AREA 1
Changing of old rusted pipes at chemical labs
Inspection of the replacement of old pipes at water intake
Engineering and Technical Services Department Supervisory Works
KRPC inland terminal site inspection
Inspection of compressor installation at power plant utility
Intern, Feb 2015 to Mar 2015
Habib Engineering Company – Kebbi
Construction of municipal roads in Yelwa Yauri
Trained on levelling survey and horizontal and vertical curves setting out
Trained on construction of culverts and slabs
Trained in site compaction, laterite layering and asphalt layering
Master of Engineering (M.Eng): Water Resources and Environmental Engineering, Jan
2020- till date
Nigerian Defence Academy Post Graduate School, Kaduna State.
Bachelor of Engineering (B.Eng): Civil Engineering 2nd Class (Upper Division), Sept 2013
to Jul 2018
Nile University of Nigeria- Abuja FCT
Secondary School Certificate (WEAC): Oct 2007 to July 2013
New Horizons Collage, Minna: Niger State
Primary School Certificate: Oct 2000 to Aug 2007
Emirate Primary School, Yauri: Kebbi State
Health Safety and Environmental Certificate- Kaduna Refining and Petrochemicals
Engr Abubakar Dayyabu
Lecturer Civil engineering department
Nile University of Nigeria
Engr Dr Onyebuchi Mogbo
Nile University of Nigeria
Engr Saleh Ismail
Lecturer, Training Department
National Water Resources Institute
PROFESSIONAL SERVICES/HONOUR SOCIETIES:
(1) Registered Engineer COREN (R.25, 804)
LIST OF PUBLICATIONS
(1) Rabia L. Batagarawa*, Saminu Ahmed, John E. Sani, Idowu E. Abiodun (2019).
|Assessing Rainwater Harvesting Potential in Nigerian Secondary Schools– A Case Study of Government Girls Secondary School, Dutse, Abuja Journal of Scientific and Engineering Research, 2019, 6(7):1-10|
(2)A Dadangarba, A Saminu ‘’Domestic rain water harvesting as an alternative source of water supply Ribadu cantonment NDA Kaduna’’Saudi Journal of Engineering Vol 2, issue 3 Pages 159-164
(3) A. Saminu, RL. Batagarawa, IA. Chukwujama., A. Dadan Garba ; “Analysis of Ground
Water Quality for Wudil Town Kano State, Nigeria” . The Asian Institute of Research Engineering
and Technology Quarterly Reviews Vol.1, No.1 pages 6-13, 2018
(4) H.Garba, LG Tilli, S Ahmed, I Abdullahi ; “ Rainfall Interpolation Analysis on River Kaduna catcment for climate change assessment ’’ Nigerian journal of Technology (NIJOTECH) Vol. 37 No,3, pages 806-812, 2018.
(5) A Saminu , IA Chukwujama, A Dadan Garba, MM Namadi. “Performance Ealuation of Wupa Waste Water treatment plant Abuja, FCT, Nigeria. ”. American Journ Engineering Research (AJER) Issue-11 Volume-06, pages 85-90, 2017.
(6) A Saminu, A Ismail,IA Chukwujama, OBE Salau; “ Effect of landfill leachate on ground water quality of unguwan Dosa, Kaduna’’. Academy journal of science and engineering (AJSE) issue 1volume 10 pages 63-70, 2016
(7) A Saminu*1 ,L Rabia2, A I Ayinla3(2015) “ Sensitivity Analysis of Optinetwork Software for Water Distribution Networks. Global Journal of Advanced Engineering Technologies and Sciences (Gjaets) Vol 04, Issue 02, April 2015.
(8) A Saminu*1 ,L Rabia2, U Tsoho3, G Haruna4. B. Faustinus5(2015) “The Least Cost Design of Existing Water Distribution Network for NDA using Genetics Algorithm. Global Journal of Advanced Engineering Technologies and Sciences (Gjaets) Vol 02, Issue 02, Feb 2015.p28-35.
(9)I Abdullahi1 Nasiru,2 A Saminu3,L Sagir4 , E Charity 5.(2014) “Design of waste stabilization pond for sewage treatment at nigeriandefence academy staff quarters permanent sitemandokaduna” International journal of engineering and Applied sciences (IJEAS). Vol 01, Issue 02, Nov 2014.Issn :2393-3661.P9-15
(10)A Saminu1 IAbubakar 2 ,H Sani3 U Tsoho4 I Suleman 5(2014) “ Optimal Design Of Existing Water Distribution Network Using Genetics Algorithms”. American Journal ofEngineering Research (AJER) Issue-03 Volume-01, June 2014.Pp-163-173.
(11) A Saminu1, R L Batagarawa2,I Abubakar3U Tsoho4, H Sani5(2014) “Stochastic Analysis of Benue River Flow Using Moving Average (Ma) Model”.”.American Journal ofEngineering Research (AJER)Volume-03, Issue-03, March 2014.Pp-274-279.
(12) A Saminu*1 , IAbubakar2, , L Rabia3, U Tsoho3, G Haruna 5. (2013) “Modifications of Optinet work Software for the Implementation of Advance Genetic Algorithm on Existing Water Distribution Network”. International journal of engineering sciences &research technology, vol.2, issue 12, Dec 2013.issn: 2277- 9655.P 3599-3606.
(13) A Saminu*1, I Abdullahi2, U Tsoho3, I Nasiru4, A I Ayinla .(2013) “Investigating the hydrological characteristics of kaduna river basin”. International journal of engineering sciences &research technology, vol.2, issue 9, Sept 2013issn: 2277- 9655.P2420-2423.
(14) H.Garba, A.Ismail, A. Saminu, I Abdullahi and B. Faustinus .(2013) “Hydrological modeling of the impact of climate change on a tropical perennial river Flooding”. International journal of engineering and science, vol 3, issue 6, August, pp 30- 35,issn:2278-972.
(15)A Saminu*1, IAbubakar2, L Rabia3, I Abdullahi4 (2013).“Analysis of existing water distribution network, to investigate its adequacy in performances of its function.A case study of Badarawa/malali distribution network”. International journal of engineering sciences &research technology, vol.2, issue 7, July 2013, issn: 2277- 9655.p1713-1728.
(16)H.Garba,A.Ismail, L.Rabia A. Saminu, I Abdullahi and B. Faustinus(2013)“Climate change impact on sub-surface hydrology of kaduna river Catchment”. Open journal of Modern hydrology, vol 3,Jul 2013.pp 115-121.
(17)I. Abdullah*1,U Tsoho2, A Saminu3. (2013)“Vehicular trip by traffic assignment in Maiduguri metropolis”. International journal of engineering sciences &research technology vol.2 issue, 7 july 2013, issn: 2277-9655.P 1749-1760.
(18)A Saminu1I Abubakar2, I Nasiru3 and, L Sagir4.(2013) . “Design of Nda water distribution network using Epanet”. International journal of emerging science and engineering ijesevol 1 issue 9,July 2013, issn:2319-6378. P5-9.
(19) I Abdullah,1U Tsoho2, A. Saminu3, H Garba4. (2013) “Vehicular trip generation modeling in Maiduguri metropolis”. International journal of Engineering sciences & research technology, vol.2 issue 6,june 2013, issn: 2277-9655.p1515-1523.
(20) A Saminu1, I. Abdullahi2. And F.O.P. Oriola3.(2013).“Time series model of stream flow of Kaduna River using Ma, Ar and Arima model”. International journal of engineering sciences & research technology, vol.02, Issue 02, June 2013.issn: 2277.9698.P1-5.
(21)ASaminu*1,IAbubakar2,UTsoho3,IAbdullahi4(2013).“Optimization of Badarawa/MalaliWater Distribution Network Using Genetics Algorithm”International journal of Engineering sciences &research technology, vol.2, issue 03, March 2013.issn: 2277- 9655 P393-
(22) A Saminu 1U Tsoho2 G Haruna and3 L Sagir4 (2013) “Design and construction of a model sedimentation tank using existing slow sand filter for Nda treatment plant”. International journal of engineering sciences & research technology vol.2, issue2, Feb 2013issn: 2277-9655.P178-182.
(23) Moses, G. Saminu A. and Oriola, F.O.P. (2012). Influence of Compactive Efforts on Compacted Foundry SandTreatedWith Cement Kiln Dust.Journal of Civil and Environmental ResearchNew York, Vol2, Issue5.P11-24
(24) G. K. Moses and A. Saminu (2012). “Cement Kiln Dust Stabilization of CompactedBlack Cotton Soil”. Electronic Journal of Geotechnical Engineering V0l 17:p865-878, Bund F, U.SA.
(25)Oriola, F.O.P.and A. Saminu (2012). “Influence of textile effluent waste water on compacted lateritic soil”. The electronicjournal of geotechnical engineering.ejge.vol 17 bundleB
(26) O.B.E Salau and A .Saminu (2007). “Stochastic modeling of stream flows of river kaduna using Arma and Arimamodels”.Nigerian journal of industrial and systems studiesnjiss vol.6 no.3 2007
- Prof. A. Ismail
Department of Water/Environmental Engineering
A.B.U, Zaria, Kaduna State.
- Dr. AshiruDaura .
Federal Ministry of science and Technology Abuja.
Department of Civil Engineering
Chronicle of Civil Engineering Head of Department
|1||ENGR||USMAN TSHOHO, BEng, MSc, MNSE||OCT 98||OCT 02|
|2||DR||FOP ORIOLA, BSc, MSc/DIC, PhD, MNSE||OCT 02||OCT 04|
|3||ENGR||USMAN TSHOHO, BEng, MSc, MNSE||OCT 04||OCT 06|
|4||ENGR||JB FAGBOYINBO BSc, MEng, FNSE, FICEM||OCT 06||OCT 08|
|5||ENGR||USMAN TSHOHO, BEng, MSc, MNSE||OCT 08||OCT 13|
|6||COL ENG||IA CHUKWUJAMA (RTD) B.Eng, M.Eng, MNSE||OCT 13||NOV 17|
|7||DR||SAMINU AHMED B.Eng, M.Eng, PhD, COREN||NOV 17||DATE|